Rants far and wide

More
8 years 5 months ago #211610 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide

:dry:

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #211629 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Rants far and wide
I don't like finding out that someone in my immediate family has used my sexuality as the punchline of a joke. I don't mind people knowing about it, but I do mind a member of my family outing me in a sensationalist (i.e. flippant and slightly crude) manner to a group of 20 or so people for the sole purpose of boosting their own Ego. Well done for managing to shock a few people. Feel good now? It's particularly nice to know that they totally failed to take into consideration the many deep conversations that we've had about the need for handling the matter with respect and sensitivity in that particular environment...

Also kinda bummed that it's actually bothering me.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd, Edan, Breeze el Tierno, Loudzoo and 2 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #211637 by
Replied by on topic Re:Rants far and wide
I really need to figure out how people save money with a family. I feel like my bank account has a permanent hole at the bottom of it.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #211653 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
The way several members here passively insult others because they disagree on issues, lack a backbone to state as much, or developed a severe case of butt hurt as a result of not being able to win an argument as they lack the communication skills to properly engage in one. Its un Jedi like. Have the courage to say whatever "your" problem is to me directly...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd, Breeze el Tierno, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #211673 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I don't really care how many people it upsets or if some self-righteous fool with a cum-stained copy of the Constitution feels like we're infringing on fundamental rights, I want guns outlawed. All of them: no guns for police, no guns for civilians; no guns.

More
8 years 4 months ago #211789 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re:Rants far and wide

McNulty wrote: I really need to figure out how people save money with a family. I feel like my bank account has a permanent hole at the bottom of it.

We buy everything used. Garage sales, goodwill, etc. I got my kid 50 toys for christmas and it cost $5. I got an entire wardrobe for $20. We grow as much food as possible, have backyard chickens, backyard bees, fruit trees, etc. No cell phones. Prepare all our own food. Buy bulk. Things like that.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
8 years 4 months ago #211794 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
I consider myself rather handy with words. I can change my style to fit most anything I'm working with. But the Air Force has invented its own frelling language and rules!

"English? Nah, we have aircraft we can fly while our pilots are still on the ground...we don't need no English!"

Two of us just spent five minutes trying to reword a sentence to fit a specific space...13 more to go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211798 by
Some people i'dd like to give a high five,

with a chair , in their face :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211873 by
Look people you've got three options. You can be a wolf, a sheep, or a shepherd. It seems like the more wolves that show up the more people choose to be sheep. If all you do is run scared the wolves are going to keep coming! Chose to be the shepherd. Stare the wolf in the eye and tell him that he can't have any of these sheep. They are under your protection. Or better yet, that there are no sheep here, just a lot of shepherds ready keep the wolves away.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211911 by
I told a really funny joke last night and now, for the life of me, I can't remember it. :pinch:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi