Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209995 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
As much as I try I just can't be compassionate and tolerate dumbasses.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210002 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
Incompetent technicians who don't know how to diagnose a problem ...
&
... super-competent who do their jobs really quickly and don't tell anybody about it ! :ohmy:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

More
8 years 4 months ago #210031 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
Who are you to question me in a notion that it's not safe to take my daughter outside of the states? Are you my mother? Do you just not understand that some people do actually move to the UK from the states for all the various reasons they would? Do you think I'm not competent enough to handle the decisions I make based on what I know and love?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Breeze el Tierno, Loudzoo

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210035 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Rants far and wide
Impatient lady in the SUV which cut me off across a freeway to get a carpark outside a beachfront prize home which was open for inspection. I had right of way, you sped up and drove across three lanes to cut me off for that last parking spot, in an area with lots of kids walking around etc.... grumble and

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210070 by
I just blocked another childhood on Facebook. I hate doing that. I have plenty of friends who I disagree with on Facebook. I choose not to engage with people when they post things I disagree with. I blocked this childhood friend after he posted something comparing the regulation of vaginas to guns (i.e. a graphic of Rachel Maddow saying that if you don't have a vagina you don't get to regulate them with a photo of man saying that if you don't own a gun you don't get regulate them) and when I challenged him on it, he just mocked me. I don't like blocking people over disagreements. It seems counterproductive since a lack of opposing views breeds stagnant circle-jerking, but I can't abide by someone who enjoys mocking others rather than engaging in a dialogue.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210229 by
Seriously Microsoft, what's the point in "owning" digital movies when you're having service disruptions so often that the movie keeps crapping out because it can't buffer?? I'm going back to blu-ray for cripes sake! :angry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210234 by
Thank you for the free upgrade to Windows 10, Microsoft. Now if only you'd fix my brightness control, as my eyes are feeling pretty burnt...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210245 by
On-line dating profiles are so... stupid. I feel like I'm making a resume'. *pinches the bridge of her nose*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210247 by

Jamie Stick wrote: I just blocked another childhood on Facebook. I hate doing that.

Ever throw out a broken, ancient toy that was taking up space? It's a little like that. Painful but necessary. :)

I just had to do the same thing recently. Or rather, he blocked me because I wouldn't debate him on his Flat Earth theory. My newsfeed is less entertaining now, but my inbox is also quieter.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210248 by

Cayce wrote: On-line dating profiles are so... stupid. I feel like I'm making a resume'. *pinches the bridge of her nose*

I think Seinfeld said first dates were basically just like job interviews. The analogy works. :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi