Rants far and wide

More
8 years 7 months ago #204060 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
I hate feeling horrible and have no reason for it when people ask...

And I hate people who assume I'm faking feeling horrible when I don't have a reason for them when they ask.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #204545 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I think it's fantastic that open sermons allow others to contribute, however if a person's going to give a sermon in a second language (especially if it is going to be archived for posterity), there really needs to be a procedure in place where someone who is fluent will give it a glance over for grammar and syntax. I'm not talking about nit-picky little things like what kind of hyphen or dash one uses, but rather sentences that are not only unclear, but actually come across as utterly nonsensical. I hate to have to be "that person" (because I don't even know a second language at all, beyond a few greetings), but I say this out of the desire for the community to be able to effectively communicate ideas; readers will understand the meaning of the person delivering the sermon, and said person will gain a stronger understanding of the language in question.

I'm not just picking on non-native English speakers though; I'm trying to learn French, but I know that to try to deliver a sermon using my current grasp of that language would be an unmitigated disaster. I just want us all to be able to benefit from the ideas presented in a sermon, rather than spend the rest of the day scratching our heads, not completely sure if we got the full meaning.

Sorry, rant over. I'll step down from my soapbox now.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by . Reason: embarassing typo

More
8 years 6 months ago #204546 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Rants far and wide
It would appear that my high school reunion occurred this weekend. I had no idea. I probably wouldn't have gone, sure. But the few friends from high school with whom I have contact never mentioned it.

Hard not to feel a little sour about that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #204548 by
I'm working so hard with so little result... This is slow. Slow is a good teacher, though... I must remember that.

More
8 years 6 months ago #205021 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Rants far and wide
Oh how I hate the mall ninja and the liar. I cant stand when someone tries to pass off falsehood as if people are incapable of checking your bunk and calling you on it. Not once but TWICE this past week and a half people think they can pull the wool over the eyes of the uninitiated public. The only issue is that some of us have a wide scope of study and know that you are spreading falsehood in the name of getting attention. Its only by the fact that I am trying to let things go more often that I've not called them on it.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 6 months ago #205047 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Bring stuck in a slow moving car while having restless legs is pure torture.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 6 months ago #205098 by Edan
You all left me to run a 'team' race by myself, thanks, just thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205108 by
Keep a rein on your gorram kid. All this soft, pampering, weak method of dicipline is the reason he is so ill behaved in the first place. Lucky my husband didn't return the favor any worse than he already did.

More
8 years 6 months ago #205275 by Edan
Stop taking out the video lectures and giving us pdfs of power point presentations in their place. We should be getting both, so where are they?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #206626 by
Thank you, young man, for reminding me why this place isn't safe for me.

When you yelled, "Queer!" and flipped the bird at a young lady in the Jeep next to me, you reminded that this place, no matter how comfortable I am, will not be a safe place for queer people.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi