Physical Temples

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91548 by
Replied by on topic Re: Physical Temples
well if they came to live there it would be fine i really think you are over thinking the media coverage thing though and as for bus loadsi really think we wouldnt have to worry about bus loads of tourist in heartford north carolinea lol again your input is important to me but your thinkingon a larger scale than is nessacaray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91550 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Physical Temples

Jabi Musah wrote: So if it's a "barn" per say, where do they draw the line? If people start living there how does that change things? Do we only need to "say" it's a barn? What are the requirements?

So has anyone experienced working with non traditional building materials like rammed earth, straw, or other earthen homes? Who ultimately do we need permission from to build and where can we find the 'standards' it must be built to?

You can't have people live in a barn. Eventually someone will notice it and report it and then you get a fine.

For a temple, the correct regulations could be found under church regs. For housing, house regs, etc. The reason for this is you don't want to have to pay taxes... so if you put up a temple and call it a barn, the assessor comes and sends you a big fat tax bill.

I've done some work with compressed earth tire walls. It takes a lot of labour.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91555 by Whyte Horse

david tatum wrote: well if they came to live there it would be fine i really think you are over thinking the media coverage thing though and as for bus loadsi really think we wouldnt have to worry about bus loads of tourist in heartford north carolinea lol again your input is important to me but your thinkingon a larger scale than is nessacaray

No it really happens. There are all these retired seniors who go to all 50 states and see every attraction. One day I was at Jim Bishop's castle in the middle of nowhere when 4 buses pulled up. About 100 people came and cleared out the gift shop and walked through the castle. In the Amish communities they have an entire industry that caters to these buses and people who drive out for a decent meal or some hand-made furniture.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91557 by
well if you where reading instead well see if they come come a sguest and stay as long as they want and it really isnt a barn you just anit looking into the big picture there is nothing around this place lol and really wouldnt be much of a tourist attarction like the amish comunities because we wouldnt catter to them snice the land is located near about twenty farms in the area no one would notice how many people are there and the people that are around really wouldnt care i understand your points but what your not understanding is ive thought about this alot and in depth the upper half the liveing corders if you will shall be listed as storage its not the bissness of the county in to what we store the bathrooms are ment for use for the farm workers and those that vist the barn there is akitchen area but you dont have to have a reason for a kitchen really ive looked into it and everything that you claim needs to be done doesnt really need to be done i can on and on about privacy and how sucluded this place is but it seems to me that you are looking for my way is better than yours by all means bulid your temple and ill bulid my barn

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91560 by
and also i would like to add the the state law in carlolinea in order to say you live some where you have to stay there indoors for a period of 14 days so on the 13th day if you go stay at a hotel orsomething of the sorts it starts over so let the assors come i know my rights as a land owner

More
11 years 2 months ago #91575 by Whyte Horse

david tatum wrote: well if you where reading instead well see if they come come a sguest and stay as long as they want and it really isnt a barn you just anit looking into the big picture there is nothing around this place lol and really wouldnt be much of a tourist attarction like the amish comunities because we wouldnt catter to them snice the land is located near about twenty farms in the area no one would notice how many people are there and the people that are around really wouldnt care i understand your points but what your not understanding is ive thought about this alot and in depth the upper half the liveing corders if you will shall be listed as storage its not the bissness of the county in to what we store the bathrooms are ment for use for the farm workers and those that vist the barn there is akitchen area but you dont have to have a reason for a kitchen really ive looked into it and everything that you claim needs to be done doesnt really need to be done i can on and on about privacy and how sucluded this place is but it seems to me that you are looking for my way is better than yours by all means bulid your temple and ill bulid my barn

The big picture is this: 60 containers at $3k is $180k. If you get a barn permit you'll be paying taxes on your barn. If you get a church permit you pay no taxes.

There is no my way. If your way is to get a barn permit for a temple and list living quarters as storage... you're probably suffering from some kind of capitalist delusion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91578 by
I think it sounds like you're just trying to get around the rules and regulations. I bet you the people that enforce such things have seen every which way you can get around them and I bet they can afford better lawyers than we can

You want to take the risk? Fine. But I'm not going to contribute to the construction of something with dubious legal foundations...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91579 by
:(

This thread is starting to be influenced by the dark side. Let try to stay on the positive side of this, if we can.

Jus'sayin.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91580 by Whyte Horse

jimcode3 wrote: :(

This thread is starting to be influenced by the dark side. Let try to stay on the positive side of this, if we can.

Jus'sayin.

Agreed. I think we can find a way to meet everybody's needs. A barn here, some housing there, a dome in between, a shipping container there, a hot tub, sweat-lodge, pool, gazebo, dojo, strawbale building, garden, farm(to go with the barn). Most communities have these anyway so it's not totally impossible if you have a community effort.

I think there should be a giant harp in the gazebo and it should overlook a pond with ducks. It might also be neat if someone who wants to make a hobbit-house came and built one. I's also like to see tree-houses, hammocks, and a confidence course.

Just throwing out ideas.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91581 by Whyte Horse
What about Hawaii? Tropical paradise anyone? Beaches, sunshine, warmth, flower leis, fresh mangoes, ocean, jungle, etc.

Perhaps the fact that we're not really concentrated in any one area is a good thing... It opens the possibly to locate the temple anywhere and then it's equally inconvenient for everyone, lol. So might as well just build it where you want to, rather than where you have to.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi