Physical Temples

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91340 by
Replied by on topic Re: Physical Temples
I have said it before but folks still do not comply,. In your profile where it asks "your location" fill it in.... ( please don't respond to this thread saying where you are from) edit your profile and at very least we know where people live. I check that every time I check there when i see a new member or want to view someone's profile location.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #91342 by
That touches on a "self-protection & privacy on the internet" issue. It's bad enough we're asked for our birthdate, which is publicly posted on every forum post (mouse hover); putting false information causes issues (due to programming). "I have said it before but folks still do not comply" infers it's MANDATORY POLICY to reveal ourselves completely to the public. (Might as well put out home addresses and phone numbers, too. You can Google search our names and city and potentially find us; I've done it before for family reasons.) Your comment sounds like you're BERATING those who wish to preserve some form of anonymity on the internet. I'd love to take this up to the Council for review if it in fact policy (or that ANYONE *ahem* has the authority to force us to do so). After all, you and I have both read the scandals that have come over the Tojo because of inter-personal relationships. We have the right to protect ourselves from it by hiding basic facts about us. (Don't get me started on HIPAA law.) The "let's find everyone so we can meet up" is a VOLUNTARY idea. If I wanted to, I could research every username and create a list of locations. (Any one remember the census data used to find and inter Japanese during WWII? Look it up, under de-classified documents.) We both know that would be wrong. I STRONGLY implore to retract your statement, but will not take additional offense if you don't; no matter what, you are always entitled to [defend] your opinion.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: fixing a typo.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91357 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Physical Temples
Listing profile information is optional.

Let's take a poll. Assume we have a multi-million dollar temple complex in London. How many of you will be able to visit? How often and how long?

Founder of The Order

More
11 years 2 months ago #91363 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Physical Temples

Br. John wrote: Listing profile information is optional.

Let's take a poll. Assume we have a multi-million dollar temple complex in London. How many of you will be able to visit? How often and how long?

A couple weeks each year. Isn't a multi-million dollar complex in London just a studio apartment? lol For that much you could build a dozen temples in less expensive areas.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91369 by
Since I'm west coast USA, never. :( Never been to Europe.

If we had one here, I'd be there monthly (one weekend per month, just like military reserves).

Though, I love Japan and we would probably do very well to have something there. The people have quite an openness for alternative religion (at least, at the street level, based on personal experiences in Tokyo & Hiroshima). It would be the perfect excuse to relocate to Japan.

But that's just me.

More
11 years 2 months ago #91387 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Physical Temples

jimcode3 wrote: I'd love to take this up to the Council for review if it in fact policy (or that ANYONE *ahem* has the authority to force us to do so).

As Br.John said, it's not policy.

I mean this not to belittle PloKoon in any way, but it's just his opinion that that is what we should do, nothing more.

Even if a Council member says something like that, you can assume that it's an personal opinion unless you can find it written out as TOTJO policy.

I actually removed my exact location from my profile a couple of months ago, largely for the reasons that you listed.

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91393 by

This is the sort of place that, if it could provide for me entirely, I would like to live in permanently. I wouldn't mind if it were in London or Texas etc. I am more than prepared to live in a Jedi Temple full time but I also recognise that we are along way off

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91395 by
As always, the majority of members should be taken into account. Where are the majority of members currently residing?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91400 by
Essex, Uk :whistle:

We are not centralised in any one location in great numbers. There are groups of 3 or 4 maximum within a short distance of each other but not much more

That is why getting more members and starting offline groups should be our first step

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91404 by
So, looking at the obvious of us being spread out all over the planet, let's try to see what advantages that gives us.

Anybody? :huh:

After I get done playing around in this job, I would come for probably 1-3 months at a time. Unless I was put to work there and I felt I was making a difference. Then I might stay the majority of the year. Most instructors should still take breaks away from such a job. That way they continue to grow and prevent getting stuck in a rut which could hinder their students' experiences.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi