Why so many people become disappointed with this community

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327433 by
No one said anything about causing harm. We are here to help each other grow. Growth is not accomplished without also ensuring pain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327434 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: No one said anything about causing harm. We are here to help each other grow. Growth is not accomplished without also ensuring pain.

Growth comes A number of ways ...
Innovation -
Study-
Change-
Faith-
Freedom-
Conscious effort-
Trial and error-
Experience -
Sharing-
The list far exceeds one singular way. Hence , what others see as the only way, others can see as an additional way. What some see as horrible some see as freeing. What some here in this Temple as no-
some see as yes. It’s all in the way it’s applied. It is my hope that future members see this place as a way to receive more a yes than more of a no.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327436 by
Never said the only way and it seems a typo changed my meaning lol. Change ensuring to enduring

More
5 years 6 months ago #327437 by Adder
Enduring? I find change can be painful, but when it is that its temporary, for the change is a process and particular to its circumstance - which if completed no longer exists. I guess if its painful, then successful change should include cessation of the pain in it... unless its the purpose, in which case it would be creating it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 6 months ago #327438 by ren
I never understood this ridiculous dark side stuff. These guys would have you believe they learnt getting hit by trains is bad by jumping in front of one...
Thanks but the rest of us have long figured out there are other ways :laugh:

... And if we wanted to get stabbed with painsticks to learn valuable lessons we would be called 'temple of the klingon order'....

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327442 by

ren wrote: I never understood this ridiculous dark side stuff. These guys would have you believe they learnt getting hit by trains is bad by jumping in front of one...
Thanks but the rest of us have long figured out there are other ways :laugh:

... And if we wanted to get stabbed with painsticks to learn valuable lessons we would be called 'temple of the klingon order'....

I'm not sure what you are on about with this? Did someone mention dark side or pain sticks?
You mock what you dont understand because your form of jedi denies the very half of reality that actually gives it meaning. Maybe you should actually try undertaking some of the training here in an attempt to gain a deeper understanding.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 6 months ago #327447 by ren
'Growth is not accomplished without enduring pain'

I understand your words well and that is why i mock them.

'Maybe you should actually try undertaking some of the training here in an attempt to gain a deeper understanding.'

Maybe you should criticise ideas instead of people?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327450 by rugadd
Speaking for myself, I have learned a lot and worked hard to get through a lot of pain...but then, I refer to martial arts training and it is sort of expected. I can say it is painful to accept my mistakes and work to correct them. My ego doesn't like being attacked, so it could be considered painful. But I think pain and pleasure are two sides of the same coin, so maybe I missing something...

rugadd

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327451 by

ren wrote: 'Growth is not accomplished without enduring pain'

I understand your words well and that is why i mock them.

'Maybe you should actually try undertaking some of the training here in an attempt to gain a deeper understanding.'

Maybe you should criticise ideas instead of people?

The issue is whether or not a component of growth entails pain. That is all I have addressed here and then made a suggestion that possibly undertaking training may further understanding, that is all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327486 by

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi