Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300817 by

Lykeios wrote: But IS there a definition of what a Jedi is and what a Jedi is not? Is there a definition for a Knight? What does a Knight actually do? Other than answer a few questions and complete a few lessons...

Neh not really i believe Lyke, and neither should there be one solid defintion of what we are , we are too human to adapt to a strickt code. Another thing is that if it is not organic , it will surely turn against us , we are not made of steel but need to bemore like the reed that needs to be flexible , if not in thought than certainly in behaviour, for else we tend to break.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #300819 by Lykeios Little Raven

Amyntas wrote:

Lykeios wrote: But IS there a definition of what a Jedi is and what a Jedi is not? Is there a definition for a Knight? What does a Knight actually do? Other than answer a few questions and complete a few lessons...

Neh not really i believe Lyke, and neither should there be one solid defintion of what we are , we are too human to adapt to a strickt code. Another thing is that if it is not organic , it will surely turn against us , we are not made of steel but need to bemore like the reed that needs to be flexible , if not in thought than certainly in behaviour, for else we tend to break.

Sure, people are flexible. But isn't there a point at which someone is or is not Jedi? Isn't there a line that Jedi cannot cross? Isn't there a minimum expectation of a Jedi? Probably something to do with the doctrine?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Rosalyn J

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300822 by

Lykeios wrote:

Amyntas wrote:

Sure, people are flexible. But isn't there a point at which someone is or is not Jedi? Isn't there a line that Jedi cannot cross? Isn't there a minimum expectation of a Jedi? Probably something to do with the doctrine?[/quote

Ahh the doctrine , notice how every website has another doctrine , that is how flexibel Jediism is , for one its a Religion for me its a way of life , we have a very short code that should say it all , but we chose to bully eachother with lengthy maxims and rules of conduct that nobody can life up to for a 100% , so why bother right? No one can actually claim to be a Jedi , one can choose to live like one...I am Jedi , it means that i try to live according to the codes , it does not mean i stop being fallible , it means i believe in something bigger than me ! I dont care where your line is for not calling yourself Jedi Lyke , that is your struggle , i got my own...

More
6 years 7 months ago #300823 by Lykeios Little Raven

Amyntas wrote:

Lykeios wrote:

Amyntas wrote:

Sure, people are flexible. But isn't there a point at which someone is or is not Jedi? Isn't there a line that Jedi cannot cross? Isn't there a minimum expectation of a Jedi? Probably something to do with the doctrine?[/quote

Ahh the doctrine , notice how every website has another doctrine , that is how flexibel Jediism is , for one its a Religion for me its a way of life , we have a very short code that should say it all , but we chose to bully eachother with lengthy maxims and rules of conduct that nobody can life up to for a 100% , so why bother right? No one can actually claim to be a Jedi , one can choose to live like one...I am Jedi , it means that i try to live according to the codes , it does not mean i stop being fallible , it means i believe in something bigger than me ! I dont care where your line is for not calling yourself Jedi Lyke , that is your struggle , i got my own...

So the minimum standard is living by the Jedi code?

That's pretty simple...

And yea, I no longer identify as Jedi, but that doesn't mean I do not have views on what Jedi are and are not...

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300824 by

Lykeios wrote:

Amyntas wrote:

Lykeios wrote:

Amyntas wrote:

So the minimum standard is living by the Jedi code?

That's pretty simple...

And yea, I no longer identify as Jedi, but that doesn't mean I do not have views on what Jedi are and are not...

Be a Jedi , or dont be a Jedi , its up to you , i am not judging , why would ? I however do not have views on what other people should or should not be. Its not my place. When i see how much Jedi differ even from eachother its even hard to draw a line in the sand ...and for people trying to Force that line on others , seems haughty to me , so i am not going to do that. If you figure out what the minimum standards are Lyke , please share them loll

More
6 years 7 months ago #300826 by Lykeios Little Raven
I no longer really care what those minimum standards are. I just wish they'd been set down when I WAS a Jedi.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300829 by

Lykeios wrote: I no longer really care what those minimum standards are. I just wish they'd been set down when I WAS a Jedi.

Well then there is nothing to worry about then is there ? Just you and you making the best of your life ;)

More
6 years 7 months ago #300830 by Carlos.Martinez3
Our titles...
As I study I notice things as well. I find I can not answer for any one else and I won't begin to. I don't recommend it either. So with that light , we all must understand that it is the Jedi who share the title use this label. Every Jedi who claims to be Jedi to me is Jedi. That's how I treat people . Each person , each parh is diffrent , it has to be . There are as many difrent ideas and definitions of Jedi ism as there are Jedi. Did you read that ? Each path is its own light , each person their own interpitation and color light sound song you name it we are difrent , and that's ok. The jedi ism idea is simply that, so many alive awake revived what ever you call it , a group of people who seek a common idea or ideas . ( jedi ism)

I think one of the hardest part of Jedi ism is the fact that all I have found , all I have learned all I have done , any one can do. Every one can. When I began realizing this , I , in my mind and heart became equal with a lot of things around me. Things were DIFFrEnT.

Every view is difrent as is every path and idea. Can we walk with people who are so difrent from us .... Or change our focus and pay more attention to the things we share? Make a few more , encourage others to do, to be your believe and practice in the real world! To Those I say ....that is what this is all about !!! Keep seeking !!! Keep finding!
I find that if my focus stays on where in place it , there will be opposition or quibblers. Haters gunna hate . Please no offense to any one . Not intended tword any one . Titles are important . Intent. How you using your tools. What is your intention with your choice of tool...??? Title. Some do this some do that , I ask my self what do I do. When I do that... Others actions or others in general seem to sway most. Don't let it , make your choice . I Hapen to like your chooses Sven and I love real life application. I believe in you and in a lot of you , I believe in you and only you have the right and the ability and ... Me cheering you on !!! To make YOUR Choises.
I'm a fan, a Jedi fan, and a Sven fan! Keep it up friend!!! Keep it up and don't stop living ! I'm doing the same thing over here! You are not alone!
Ps I am Jedi I am glad you are too! You are part of my ... Jedi ism! Thanks friend !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Rosalyn J, , Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #300831 by Carlos.Martinez3
I say personally there can not be a more or less of a Jedi . There can only be YOUR path of Jedi ism , which is yours and never in competition with mine. Never. There is no contest ever. In that light there has to be difrent interpitations. Not who's got what code or how much more ... Right !?
Pm me if u like for more if u like !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, , Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #300835 by Lykeios Little Raven

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I say personally there can not be a more or less of a Jedi . There can only be YOUR path of Jedi ism , which is yours and never in competition with mine. Never. There is no contest ever. In that light there has to be difrent interpitations. Not who's got what code or how much more ... Right !?
Pm me if u like for more if u like !

This, frankly, is why I left Jediism. There is no ruling on what makes someone a Jedi or makes them not a Jedi. It's this wishy-washy bologna that drove me away.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Rosalyn J, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi