The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300367 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Again, running his presidency like a business, using tragedy to advertise his overpriced products... along with more hypocrisy.

Houston Hit Hard by Harvey, Trump Shills His Hats
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300427 by Lykeios Little Raven

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: In all fairness people have been making fun of presidents as long as there have been presidents. You are not highlighting anything unique about this presidency that has not been done a thousand times before with every president in our modern history. You call this one a clown. I called the last one a clown. As long as we agree on that feel free to post away.

Except that never has a U.S. President gotten away with so many boldfaced lies. Never before has an American president felt the need to, much less actually, mount such an extensive attack on the media as if it were an enemy of the people instead of an ally. (To be clear, I don't trust the media 100% but I'd certainly not accuse mainstream media of outright lying or publishing "fake news" [unless I had proof].) Never before has a president has so many obvious conflicts of interest (poor Jimmy Carter had to give up his peanut farm to become president). Never before has a president spent so much time away from the whitehouse golfing and staying at resorts (his own resorts). Never before have we had a president who is so disdainful and disrespectful of the whitehouse and the office of the presidency (seriously, if it's such a "dump" then get the hell out of it).

In any event, I suppose I'd rather be stuck with Trump for four years than have him impeached and end up with Pence...Pence is genuinely terrifying. That said, Trump is inept, unintelligent, paranoid, possibly suffering from dementia or a similar mental health condition, and unfit to be president. What worries me more than Trump (aside from Pence taking over the presidency) is the people who elected him. I'm much more concerned that people actually believe he is a good choice for the freaking presidency of our country.
Also, President Obama was one of the most dignified and respectable people I've ever laid eyes upon, how you can possibly call him a "clown" I don't understand.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300556 by

Lykeios wrote:
...(To be clear, I don't trust the media 100% but I'd certainly not accuse mainstream media of outright lying or publishing "fake news" [unless I had proof].) ...

...Trump is inept, unintelligent, paranoid, possibly suffering from dementia or a similar mental health condition,...

These statements are why your arguments fail. Your so blinded by rage that you do not see the truth and even resort to personal attack there is no evidence for. Three CNN journalists, including the executive editor in charge of a new investigative unit, have resigned after the publication of a Russia-related article that was retracted - proof enough for me and that's just one incident. The press is not your ally and it does not care about you nearly as much as it cares about publishing that scandal to rock the world and secure their personal place in history - even if they have to make up that scandal. You are naive if you believe otherwise.

As for Obama, the simple fact that he backed one of the most corrupt and prolific criminals in recent political history is proof enough for me of his clown-hood. He doesn't care about the American people nearly as much as he cares about his own personal agenda to enslave the American Public by stealing from the hardest working and giving to the lazy slobs, thus destroying the most successful system in history by making them all irrevocably dependent on big govt and he will use any means including putting a known criminal into the highest office in the land to accomplish it. Al Capone only dreamed of something Obama almost pulled off.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300563 by
Proof the Trump really does want World Peace
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300575 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: As for Obama, the simple fact that he backed one of the most corrupt and prolific criminals in recent political history is proof enough for me of his clown-hood. He doesn't care about the American people nearly as much as he cares about his own personal agenda to enslave the American Public by stealing from the hardest working and giving to the lazy slobs, thus destroying the most successful system in history by making them all irrevocably dependent on big govt and he will use any means including putting a known criminal into the highest office in the land to accomplish it. Al Capone only dreamed of something Obama almost pulled off.

Your assertion buried in there about "irrevocable dependence on government" is based on your own ideological perspective, and reasonable minds can differ about the proper role of government, so knock yourself out with that one. But as for the rest, there has never in American history been a presidential candidate as thoroughly investigated over the course of two and a half decades by blatant partisans, and even the most bloodthirsty of them have had to admit there's nothing there. Yet there's still that sliver of the public who puts forth that argument anyway. I wonder why that is. #fakenews
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300582 by
Your right, Trump has been unfairly targeted for not only investigation but unfounded characterization as a racist over and over even though every time nothing has ever been found to warrant such things. Thank the Gods the American public saw through the lunacy to elect him anyway.
More
6 years 6 months ago #300585 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
The people did not elect the Cheeto hued Caligula, the few hundred in the Electoral College did. The people said we don't want you by over three million votes.

How Trump won the presidency with razor-thin margins in swing states

The Troubling Reason the Electoral College Exists

How the Electoral College Protected Slavery

The Electoral College was explicitly designed to protect slavery

Five myths about the electoral college

p.s. The investigation is ongoing.

Founder of The Order
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300587 by
The electoral college is in place to protect the minority opinion in this country so they are not overrun by the wolves. Raw Popular vote is irrelevant no matter how much you stamp your foot and demand it should count as law. Trump was elected as designed by our founding fathers fair and square, just as many other presidents in our history, no matter what the popular vote says. This nation is not a democracy but a democratic representative republic by design. This gives fair representation to All members of the republic, not just the strongest.
More
6 years 6 months ago #300589 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The electoral college is in place to protect the minority opinion in this country so they are not overrun by the wolves. Raw Popular vote is irrelevant no matter how much you stamp your foot and demand it should count as law. Trump was elected as designed by our founding fathers fair and square, just as many other presidents in our history, no matter what the popular vote says. This nation is not a democracy but a democratic representative republic by design. This gives fair representation to All members of the republic, not just the strongest.

It does no such thing. The Senate is well equipped to protect minority opinion. So a tyranny of the minority running over the majority with a lunatic 7 year old 70 year old is better? The Electoral College gives greater power to low populated mostly white states. Why should they have a greater voice. You have not read any of the articles and refuted that it was a compromise designed to protect slave states, or refuted anything else. Yes it's legal. No it should not be. It was also designed to fully allow the electors to vote their conscience free from any pledges or requirements on how they must vote to prevent us from ever having such a slug of toxic nuclear waste from being president.

Founder of The Order
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300590 by
sorry but they don't have a greater voice. they have an equal voice and I don't need to read your propaganda to know that. As for the senate, sure they have the ability to protect the minority voice, until there is no minority in the senate... then its back to wolf rule. The electoral college is in place so this never happens.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi