The Awesomeness of Trump

More
6 years 7 months ago #300759 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
In that case why not give every state one vote? Then they are all equal. What we have is low population states with more power than high population states.

When all this was set up there were only 13 states and only men who owned property could vote. Over half the states were slave states, that is states where slavery was legal. Slaves could not vote but were counted as 3/5 of a person for the voting population. The electors were to be totally independant and not pledged or committed to anything except their conscience. The were to be a protection against the exact type of demagogue we're stuck with now. So the original intent is thoroughly corrupted.

http://time.com/4575119/electoral-college-demagogues/

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300763 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
I would like to see you prove even a single claim in that "opinion piece". Good thing we dont convict just because we feel like they might have done something wrong but have no evidence.
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #300765 by Lykeios Little Raven
I revert to my original statement in this thread. "Looks like there will be a few people here I previously had no problem with that I will no longer be speaking with."

How someone can actually believe Trump is awesome as a president (or as a person) is beyond me. He has proven himself to be a misogynistic, racist jackass multiple times by his own behavior and words. He has been caught lying multiple times (sometimes being outed by people in his own party). He has spent more time on the golf course than any president before him in his first six months as president (almost said "in the office" but he never seems to actually be in the office). Not to mention he is completely inneffectual as an executive...

There, I'm done. Good day everyone.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #300774 by
Are you referring to me as the one you now have a problem with? If you can't discuss issues without making it personal I would suggest you stay out of political threads. To come in here and give an opinion. And then demand others agree or you will stomp your foot and take your toys home proves my original point that you are driven by undue rage. It's childish to say the least.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .
More
6 years 7 months ago #300777 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Br. John wrote: In that case why not give every state one vote? Then they are all equal. What we have is low population states with more power than high population states.

This is an interesting concept. If you were to apply this model to the last elections, who would have won?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 7 months ago #300780 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Lykeios wrote: I revert to my original statement in this thread. "Looks like there will be a few people here I previously had no problem with that I will no longer be speaking with."

How someone can actually believe Trump is awesome as a president (or as a person) is beyond me. He has proven himself to be a misogynistic, racist jackass multiple times by his own behavior and words. He has been caught lying multiple times (sometimes being outed by people in his own party). He has spent more time on the golf course than any president before him in his first six months as president (almost said "in the office" but he never seems to actually be in the office). Not to mention he is completely inneffectual as an executive...

There, I'm done. Good day everyone.

Calling him a misogynist was stupid and what made him what he is now, including POTUS.

Smart people who aren't american think Trump is awesome.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #300784 by

Manu wrote:

Br. John wrote: In that case why not give every state one vote? Then they are all equal. What we have is low population states with more power than high population states.

This is an interesting concept. If you were to apply this model to the last elections, who would have won?

Trump would have still won by an even wider margin. 29 states to 22 states. Another reason the electoral college is so important. It takes into account not only the state but also the population. It's a balance, just like Congress is separated by the house and the Senate. It's a separation of power that is fair and balanced.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #300794 by Lykeios Little Raven

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Are you referring to me as the one you now have a problem with? If you can't discuss issues without making it personal I would suggest you stay out of political threads. To come in here and give an opinion. And then demand others agree or you will stomp your foot and take your toys home proves my original point that you are driven by undue rage. It's childish to say the least.

It IS personal. Trump stands for the people that want me and my friends to just disappear. The LGBT people, the immigrants, the POC, the non-Christians, the leftists, the anarchists, the feminists, the anti-fascists, etc etc etc. Trump wants us all to disappear and have no voice. If you can't understand why this is personal you are part of the problem. It's not childish, it's responding with vehement opposition to the oppressor.

Trump stands for everything I stand opposed to. It IS personal.

If you can't understand that then I say again: You are part of the problem.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 7 months ago #300827 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Lykeios wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Are you referring to me as the one you now have a problem with? If you can't discuss issues without making it personal I would suggest you stay out of political threads. To come in here and give an opinion. And then demand others agree or you will stomp your foot and take your toys home proves my original point that you are driven by undue rage. It's childish to say the least.

It IS personal. Trump stands for the people that want me and my friends to just disappear. The LGBT people, the immigrants, the POC, the non-Christians, the leftists, the anarchists, the feminists, the anti-fascists, etc etc etc. Trump wants us all to disappear and have no voice. If you can't understand why this is personal you are part of the problem. It's not childish, it's responding with vehement opposition to the oppressor.

Trump stands for everything I stand opposed to. It IS personal.

If you can't understand that then I say again: You are part of the problem.

Maybe you shouldn't have pissed those people off. Who knows they might have voted for one of the hundreds of millions of americans who are more suited for the presidency than donald trump, you know, like they used to?! Do you not find it strange that the same population (minus all the old people who died in the past 8 years, plus all the young people who became eligible to vote in the past 8 years) elected Obama twice and then went for Trump?

Had the feminists not hijacked the economic recovery in the obama years there would be no trumps in power, guaranteed. What you are witnessing in the US is Yahoo on a national scale. Excellent news for the competitors.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
More
6 years 7 months ago #300828 by Lykeios Little Raven
Not sure how I pissed anyone off. I just voted against Trump every chance I had.

However, I agree, Trump is not really the problem. The problem is the people who actually voted for him.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi