What I Appreciate About You!

More
8 years 2 months ago #231935 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Cabur, I appreciate your well timed writing here, in particular as of late. You seem to put genuine thought AND emotion into what you right, and it happens at the right time for me more often then not. Thank you.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #232277 by OB1Shinobi
ive already had my moment of why i am so awesome lol and it was nice and im grateful for it, but i didnt want to hog the spotlight so ive kept from posting anything else here

i know the thread has to slow down eventually, but tbh i am surprised that rugadd hasnt had a "youre awesome" response yet!
since its taken a while, i want to explain exactly why i consider rugadd one of the best contributors here

first, i had a specific post in mind which i wanted to quote, and when i looked at the "forum posts" option the first thing i noticed was that youre all over the grateful thread lately.

i wanted to point out that, at a time when things are particularly difficult in your personal life, I see that you make it a habit to express a moment of gratitude regularly

one example was this:

rugadd wrote: My general immune system and my will power which allows me to power through those rare time when I do feel a little ill.

obviously you werent feeling well this day, rather than complaining at being sick you expressed thankfulness at not being sickER

in another GRATEFUL post you said this:

rugadd wrote: I am grateful for not really breaking down yet.

which leads me to really the thing i like and respect about you the most: you are open and genuine in a way and to a degree that most of us, myself included, are not brave enough to be

its something that I admire in people, and i see it from you (and a couple others) all the time

but also you are constantly promoting, and being an example of, respect, camaraderie, and unity

rugadd wrote: I am grateful for those who are willing to put a voice to unknown suffering.

rugadd wrote: I am thankful for Goken, who is apparently having the exact same day as me and trying their best right along side me.

Very empowering.

and this is the post i originally was looking for:

rugadd wrote: I won't disagree with you Khaos, though I did try to walk it many years ago. It took me to a dark place and I was surrounded by dark people. So, I understand it from a different perspective then, or others. My comment was meant to convey the gestalt of my experience. I did not intend to be dismissive.

A sour taste that likely has nothing to do with the reality of "Sith" teachings still lingers.

I apologize for being disrespectful, Khaos. I could've worded that in a much more polite tone. Nor was I aware you were Sith. Maybe you can enlighten me some time as far as understanding Sith teachings, from your perspective.

which took place in this thread

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/111795-the-sith-creed-and-how-it-actually-helps-me/reply/205503?quote=1

this was a good example of how a Jedi might carry himself in public discourse

and there are many other examples in your posts, this is really just scratching the surface but i think its enough to make the point.

thank you the example you set, I appreciate it!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Ben, rugadd, Loudzoo

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #233146 by Carlos.Martinez3
Brother in oath and faith Proteus I very much appreciate you and your dedication to this wonderful Temple. You give a lot of your time to us, and for that I am grateful.!
Cabur, Pastor, adder des. I am in in service by your very wake. Man I am blessed, blessed to have a place with such a council as represented here. We have and continue our ability's and freedoms under your example. Thank you all. I my self have come so very far in my own path and I know I could have found it just find eventually without the aid and assistance of the Temple, but dang nab it im glad, so glad I have a place like this. Still fertile!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #233147 by
Replied by on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Carlos, you always find a way to make me smile. Any time I've talked to you in the chatroom, you've been upbeat, friendly and have had tons of positive energy around you. Please keep being you :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #233149 by Carlos.Martinez3
"I swear I am up to no good..." I think that's the way it goes lol

In the Potter books when the map things turns on right, some one help me out!...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #233151 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic What I Appreciate About You!

carlos.martinez3 wrote: "I swear I am up to no good..." I think that's the way it goes lol

In the Potter books when the map things turns on right, some one help me out!...

I solemnly swear I am up to no good, or as I prefer, "I solemnly swear I am up to downright evil"... :evil:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
8 years 1 month ago #235539 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:What I Appreciate About You!
I want to revive this with someone who hasn't been appreciated :D

Avalonslight, you're awesome! I love your joy. You're intelligent and fun to be around. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the things that are important to you. <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235553 by
Replied by on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Kit. You are inspiration to further pursuit the Jedi mission and expand my ways of thinking. You are a vary open minded individual and a great joy to talk to.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #236809 by OB1Shinobi
Master Alexandre, and Vusuki: I LOVE the school of life short lessons thread !

short as they are, i feel that i have been enriched greatly for those videos, and I'd like to say thank you very much to both of you

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254372 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic What I Appreciate About You!
I thought it might be nice to bring this thread back....

Ob1, I appreciate your honesty, even when I disagree, but I also appreciate how you are not afraid to say what you think even when others will disagree.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi