What I Appreciate About You!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254439 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Jamie Kay, I don't know you yet, but I am very appreciative of your offer to participate in my project and also how you are welcoming to new members.. and I hope to get to know you better :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254441 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Edan, I always love when you pop into chat with me. I always get excited when I see your posts in the forums. Definitely worth while to read :D and your projects are awesome!

Edit: I also wanted to let you know that you're one of those people that I'll always remember as a living lesson. You taught me that just because there's a general assumption of a group of people, that it's not always the case for everyone in that group, or even the bulk of the group :) Thank you for that. You're always who pops in my mind when I catch myself thinking poorly of a group I know nothing about. "Wait, let's learn before making judgments"
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254442 by OB1Shinobi
Edan! thank you for bringing this thread back and thank you for your kind words to me, not just here but since i showed up

you were the first person to really talk to me when i got here and youve always been nice to me, even when im annoying.

one of the meanest things i have seen you say is "im not sorry i left a "passive aggressive" note on your car when you were parking like a jerk" - to me that is so sweet, because there was a time when i would have cut the tire if it were the same person over and over lol so im like "a note, how civil and mature, i should be more like that"

youre totally honest about where you are in life and in your development, and humble and genuine about what responsibilities or titles you should have, yet youre a great influence on the temple - most recent example being the yoga thread, which is brilliant!

EDIT

Kit; i swear to god you have some of the coolest avatars of anyone here lol and thank you sincerely for sharing your art and craftswoman skills, and using them to benefit the temple!

EDIT 2 lol
skip me and someone else do Kit again or something cause i dont need 2 in one day but this thread is B) and should keep going

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254451 by
Replied by on topic What I Appreciate About You!
There are two people I really want to thank, so I'm going to do both ;)

Kit!
I barely know you, and you barely know me! And yet you were kind enough to offer me advice, and really help me put things in perspective! You've shown an interest and praised my journal, something I still greatly appreciate; and on the whole you've been a great help and very kind to me! Thank you for just being a great friend really, and I hope to get to know you better! :)

Jestor!
You've helped me so much on this site. As an under 18 I had to come to you to sign up to join the temple, something so so overwhelming. You helped me not sign up and eased my worries completely! I wouldn't be as fond of this temple as I am if it weren't for you. You've also always been there to help, wether it's with signatures or perceiving the Force; and on the whole you've been very kind and good to me.

Thank you both :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #254453 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Death, yet the Force, this is a post with rules...

Proteus wrote: Post what you like/appreciate about the person above you, what value they have added to your time here at the temple, and how they have inspired you on your path.

Since I'm the first one, I'll start off with Jestor.

Jestor is without a doubt one of the most dedicated people at the temple, not just to the temple, but to what he does outside of it. He has been through a lot with us and has done probably one of the best jobs of keeping his head on as strait as realistically possible during hard times around here, and keeps on ticking. I personally feel if anybody deserves a strait up award for anything here, it is him.

However, I just have to say, everybody here has inspired me on some level, and no matter how new you are, how young you are, or how off the same page from me you have ever been, the thoughts and points each one of you have shared has been precious to me more than I ever express. Thank you!

:)

PS... How many pages of appreciation can we make? Show me!

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254459 by

rugadd wrote: Death, yet the Force, this is a post with rules...

Apologies, I thought I stuck to it. The person above me didn't want to be done, so I skipped to the next (Kit). I then, admittedly, added in an extra, but really I just wanted to express my thanks to them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254462 by
Death, yet the Force, I love that you profile is filled to the brim with pictures of Liam Neeson.

I will pay the person who manages to think of something nice to say about me :laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #254464 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Silas, your not afraid of speaking up. I hope you continue to do so.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254465 by

rugadd wrote: Silas, your not afraid of speaking up. I hope you continue to do so.

Thanks :cheer: Rugadd, you managed to say something nice about me.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #254503 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic What I Appreciate About You!
Silas, you are very straight to the point, you don't beat around the bush.

That kind of genuine personality is rare nowadays, and certainly a gem.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi