• Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248048 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248091 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
It's so obvious that you're not feeling good and hurting... but I have no idea what's wrong, or how to help. But the earliest the vet can get you in is tomorrow :( I hope you feel better, baby girl... I promise I won't leave you. :(

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
7 years 9 months ago #248126 by x57z12
Replied by x57z12 on topic Rants far and wide
"My mail is not getting through, I already tried ten times."
- "Okay, how do you know, is there an error message?"
"Yes, how can I get my mail through?"
- "What does the error message say?"
"Dunno, I haven't read it. So, how do I get my mail through?"

Really? Are you serious?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon

More
7 years 9 months ago #248134 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
*sigh* Why do I always get the drive to clean when I'm getting ready for work, needing to go to bed, hurt too much to do it, or Kitten won't let me? Why can't I get that inspiration when I'm, oh, I don't know, free to do it...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #249019 by
On reflection my rant was impatient and a result of not having fully processed my thoughts. It was un-Knightly and I'm pleased to withdraw it.

One doesn't douse a fire by yelling at the timber not to burn.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249440 by
An overly emotional interpretation of my current thoughts:

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

A more rational interpretation:

I grow very weary these past few months when it feels those around me (on-line and off-line) exhibit behaviors unbecoming of rational, kind, and 'human', adults. Fear mongering, jumping on bandwagons, being incredibly critical of new ideas or information, and waving around unfounded claims and fake 'facts'.

Take a moment to stop and breathe the next time something upsets, confuses, or even scares you. Do some research, ask your peers, and then come to a conclusion based in truth and rationality. Carry yourself with distinction.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249458 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Rants far and wide
With full respect to freedom of expression:

This is a Temple, a sacred environment for training and refinement of the person. By all means, say what you need to say. If, however, you feel the need to bang on about your conspiracy theories, oppression-of-the-white-man fantasies, personal suffering olympics, and whatever other nonsense fills your day, and you're not making even a token effort to relate it back to the purpose of this space, to your development as a Jedi, go rant on facebook. The grown-ups have work to do.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Breeze el Tierno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zenchi, Yugen, and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249705 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
i guess "safe space" doesnt count if youre 13? :whistle:

some of your standards are backwards AF!; i erased a comment about the slack cut for isis, but im leaving this:
as a college freshman he will host a peace rally,
half way through he will have to ask all his jedi friends to leave,
so that he may heal from the trauma of todays events lol :P

im sure i'll be butt hurt about it and say "dude, i was on your side the whole time, why you punishing me ??"

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249876 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
The wrong Jedi at the wrong time with the wrong people. :(

rugadd

More
7 years 8 months ago #249904 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Rants far and wide
You come in and bring two other people to talk to us for over 30 minutes about how you want something done, and then end up agreeing to my plan in the end?

Let's let the comm folks take care of the comm stuff. I'm not just blowing smoke when I say I know what I'm doing. I get the feeling that you don't think we do anything. You are welcome to come hang out in our office for a day. There's a reason it takes me longer than you think it should to do things. You're missing the fact that I have 600 people to take care of. 600 maintainers that are terrified of computers. And translating their issues into something Comm can use to fix their problems.

...and the fact you feel you need to get involved in every bit of our business lol. I don't think you understand how much time you eat when you do that.

Thank you for teaching me that I do have it in me to stand up for what I need. That just because a person has rank, they won't necessarily do their job and take care of me so I can take care of the mission.

And many thanks to my coworker for helping me roll all this up into a laugh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi