Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Attachment feedyou.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #324164 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Rants far and wide
To Nameless Roomate,
Dude for Fs sake you live how you want to live, I don't care if you want to waste your time only doing one thing playing Rainbow 6 in your room. As a friend I think it's unhealthy but you are free to do it and you will always be my friend. At this point though man you are 32 and your reactions to the game and sporadic outburst effect those around you. I work a 12 hour day when I get home at 11 pm the last thing I want to hear while trying to pass out is your screaming. I know I have told you this before but the last girl I had to literally apologize for you because it's embarrassing to live with you. It is literally to the point that if there wasn't an obligation to the lease I would be peacing out of this situation even though it benefits my effort to eventually buy a house. All 3 of us that are not you are over this shit man get it together.

Ps. If you ask me or Kyle how to get in shape again and we show you and you make no effort unless we have to tell you, I am going to start slapping you.........YOU ARE 32 YEAR OLD MAN GET IT TOGETHER, AT LEAST DO THE MINIMUM!!!!!!!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328453 by

Yabuturtle wrote: It would be like if I went to to a christian forum and say "Jesus isn't real and you're crazy for believing in it" or go to a Jedi forum and say "You guys, there is no Force lolz (flails arms around)

Hits the nail on the head, doesn't it? This quote, by one of our favourite active members, is in addressing why people post here and in threads when they seek only to say "This isn't and cannot be proven to be true" (eg psychometry, telekinesis, astral projection, name anything that has any essence of para-normality). Why get in on the discussion? And, furthermore, why allow non-members to continue to do these kinds of things? We are here to learn, and I, for one, was actually interested in some threads of late, but they get derailed by "give me evidence of it existing!"

Some things cannot be proven scientifically. That's the beauty of the spiritual. I've astral projected, and in those moments, I've glimped what I believe to be the Force, a beautiful energy generated by all living things and binds them together... even if unseen and unfelt.

Can I prove any of that happened? Hell no. Not possible. I was the sole witness, and thus not prove-able beyond the confirmation of others that have also felt or witnessed this same type of spiritual event.

But yet, rather than threads where we discuss practises to achieve these spiritual events, or perhaps strengthen ones overall connection to the Force... we get threads that devolve into "You cant prove it! So you must be crazy! I resolve myself to only that which can be proven without a doubt!"

And therein lies the issue. If this is a church, then it relies on faith. And faith, in its very nature, is belief in something that cannot be proven beyond a doubt, within the realm of reasonable science or whatnot. It is faith. And as Jedi, beings that recognise and believe in an unseen Force that connects us all, we need a space that allows us to freely discuss how to move from faith to knowledge (ignorance, yet knowledge). And how does one do that? Through study and practise... practise... practise... over and over again until we glimpse the previously unknown.

I can't tell you how many times I tried to astral project, initially believing it all to be poppycock until had an enlightening conversation with a former councillor about it, who guided me to the right resources before the thread was... again, derailed by someone demanding proof. And, because of that desire to teach and to learn by two people, I projected. And I saw more than I ever thought possible.

And, I can say beyond a doubt, that that projection, that first moment beyond, spurred me on towards the greatest changes in my life. Physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually... I evolved from Everett to Arisaig.

So again... why do we tolerate derailing of threads in a 'discussion demanding proof' when it is something that is personally experienced, and only by those that desire to open their minds enough to experience it? Why do we allow close minded individuals to obscure knowledge from those that wish to seek it? Why do we allow guests to mildly insult the willing community at large for the simple fact that we wish to learn about the possibilities of more through the Force?

TL;DR: Why continue to tolerate a view simply because its interesting if it discourages learning and faith in a school/church?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328483 by
Thank you :) I do agree that faith is very important and somethings cannot be shown but they CAN be experienced.

If one deals with deities, spirits, the Force, ect. You know that it exists, but you cannot always share it directly with others because it doesn't always work that way. Some things cannot be shown right in front of your eyes and sometimes you need different eyes to see things. I.e. third eye.

Take for instance, germs. You cannot see microscopic stuff with your eyes and it doesn't mean it isn't there. Germs are not a new thing, we just couldn't see it unless you used a certain lens. So should we see the divine with different eyes. You can see without your two eyes.

I have had a lot of spiritual experience with being a Druid and I didn't even become one at first because I too didn't believe it. Until I experienced it. THAT is where you shall find the proof. By experiencing it, you are realizing it is very true and real.

I have asked for help on other spiritual sites mostly concerning my brother who also practiced the spiritual and showed me it was true. But the thing is, it kind of disturbs me because he practiced what jedi may call The Dark Side. Aggressive, and powerful but dangerous magic. He had tried to get me to join him as I was the only one who believed him but rejected him seeing how he was interested in continuing practicing magic in secrecy and only teaching a select few because it would give the magic users an unfair advantage, while I thought magic, spiritual power shoudn't be denied or hidden and still be taught and used as long as one uses it for good and uses it responsibly and know what to do instead of just practicing magic without even thinking of the possible consequences

He was the kind that had conflict that still somewhat regretted practicing it but held onto it and justify using it. He was aware there were cults that were hardcore darkside practitioners and he wasn't affiliated with them but turned to darker magic in an attempt to gain more power over them as he never liked them either. I was the only one alone as my family would never believe it and even when going to other sites it always bothered me that they almost always rejected my pleas for help, despite the fact they too practiced spiritual stuff, yet they would say my story was all in my head.

And in turn I had to face it alone and choose my own path, a spiritual and one that allowed me to commune with nature, it's spirits and deities and I have been at peace. Since then. I can feel the environment around me. I can feel when it is in distress when before I could not sense such things.

I know people won't always believe me and that's why if they do not believe in such spiritual knowledge, the best way is for them to find out for themselves. I know it's all very real. Because I have sought it and found it.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328594 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
Nothing useful......*grumblegrumblegrumble*

rugadd

More
5 years 5 months ago #328858 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Rants far and wide
When in doubt, genocide.....

A shark "attack" in a known shark area....so the humans call for mass culling....

Either the guy who died knew the risks and accepted them, in which it's not really our business, or he didn't know the risks, and the world has one less dumbarse tourist.

Either way, I'm not sure the answer to our stupidity (or risk taking behaviour) is to do our best to wipe out every otherwise innocent "threat" in the area.

Especially when we are too cowardly (as a nation anyway) to kill our own people for far more heinous acts. (subjective statement, but anyway)

Anyone calling for a shark cull better be willing to do it themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex,

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330128 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
Just like a square peg and a round hole... Some things simply don't belong and there's no point in trying to force them

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 4 months ago #330361 by Avalon
I needed this year to end quietly. Not with another mini-crises. Not with the looming possibility of a thousands of dollars surgery... Or worse. Please, please let her get better. Let the meds start working soon. Because I can't do this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331807 by
... awake for a whole 6 hours before breaking your new years resolution, and in such a flamboyant and idgaf a manner? Excellent. After everyone gave you a fresh start, after I hand wrote a letter to remind you and encourage you, and nothings changed.

Well, at least I can't feel bad for you anymore. I've given one too many chances. Enjoy fending for yourself emotionally, you've alienated the last shred of familial damn i had. I have more important things to focus on...

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331962 by Avalon
I may be an introvert, but even I value and need some socialization time with you guys....

Thanks for totally ignoring the fact that I even existed today... Nothing says "we don't really need you" more than a parting "hi and bye". Especially when. You make it sound like I was lucky to get even that....

Hell, I thought I had even proven myself a strong member of the team. I would have thought that at least that would matter. My mistake...

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi