Rants far and wide

More
6 years 2 months ago #315472 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
Just because someone spends their time with the sick and afflicted does not mean they themselves are sick and afflicted.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #315474 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Rants far and wide

rugadd wrote: Just because someone spends their time with the sick and afflicted does not mean they themselves are sick and afflicted.

I know were not supposed to comment on other threads but quoting this for the following rant as I had this today as well:

If I had a dollar for everytime in 911 I've had to pick someone up because they were with someone else who was sick and now they think they are getting sick....this server would be paid for a very long time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 2 months ago #315667 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Rants far and wide
If a pipe and pump that pushes the sewage out of my home fails, do not tell me that you will come by and fix it, if you didn't rig it up like a 4 year old it wouldn't fail. Hire a damn professional, or get out of the way pay for the supplies and let me fix it. I already lost most of my wardrobe; now because of this the fact that I stayed up all night fixing your crappy plumbing clearing a sewage pump and then rebuilding the inlet and outlet system after buying the supplies myself. I smell like poo and now that it is fixed you are gosh dang right you are hiring a cleaning crew to clean it. Do not, I repeat do not, try to raise the rent because I swear to I will literally take the piping and electrical work I did with me and go find a nicer house.....Sorry glad I got that out.....

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #315710 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Rants far and wide
There are so many words I would like to say, so much frustration I would like to get rid off, so many people I'd wish I never met.

A couple of months ago I dropped the Jedi title completely, and I haven't associated myself with it since.

This came as a result of several experiences, mostly with people with a high status within the general Jedi community.

A Jedi master defending physical child abuse, a Jedi knight arguing that homosexuals and transsexuals are mentally ill openly within their order, an entire order silencing a select few in order to avoid unwanted exposure and my favorite; Jedi using their adherence as moral levitation to the high ground and dabbling in subjective nonsense.

If you believe the Jedi community is just a good community with compassionate, respectful altruists that accept change rather than do their outmost to halt it, then you are gravely mistaken.

The Jedi community needs to step off its high horse that it has so firmly entrenched itself upon, take a good look at what it has become and how to fix it

-- This post was just a rant and in no way meant to target TOTJO but the general Jedi community. I will not reply to any replies to this post here --

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Yugen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #316214 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Posting here cause I'm not interested in further derailing a thread to prove my point while feeding my ego...

I don't give a damn how many times you apologize, publicly or privately. You misrepresent the facts more than anyone else here, and I'm fed up to my eyeballs with how people can spit out a cheap apology and all is forgiven, and we're back to square one. Stop derailing threads and falsifying the facts with your personal bias & cherry picking while engaging in denialism. There is ABSOLUTELY NO ACCOUNTABILITY HERE, and THAT, is EXACTLY why those said individuals stepped down and left.

Can we please cease and desist with the bs?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Zenchi.

More
6 years 2 months ago #316216 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Rants far and wide

Attachment tiny2.jpg not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #316217 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Rants far and wide
I am so, so, SO exhausted. I was feeling super unhappy with how my work makes me feel (anxious, miserable) and decided to take another stab at looking for graduate programs to apply to. But, there's a huge hitch that I recently started to really give more consideration. I have serious health concerns which require monthly medication. California has a solid healthcare system which pays for that medication and gets it delivered to me. But how the hell will I manage to get my medication (free of gaps) if I end up wanting to go to college in another State? It's hypothetically possible that I'll be able to somehow make it work, but I don't even know where to begin. Having to add this HUGE extra task onto my search for an educational institution is really FUCKING FRUSTRATING.

So I look for CA universities. There aren't that many that have the degree I want, and most of those require that I take the GRE. Do you have any idea how stupid the GRE is, how mind-numbingly awful it is that such total bullshit is required? Standardized tests are a horrible way to go. It's costly, requires preparation that I don't have the energy to deal with, and is irksome on a moral level.

So, I'm left looking at my options and feeling like total shit. Not rich enough, smart enough, or lucky enough to make everything work. I don't have the energy to deal with all of this stuff but I seriously want to continue my studies. I wa so certain that after I got my Bachelors degree I would be mostly free of stupid, arbitrary hurdles to getting an education. Isn't it fucking bad enough that I'll probably have to take out horrendous loans that I have no likelihood of ever paying back? Why does everything have to be so totally fucked? And it only keeps getting more fucked. Who knows if I'll even have healthcare at all next year, if the GOP get their way.

I really want to study, learn, grow, and do cool things in the world. But I don't know how much more energy I have to struggle.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
6 years 2 months ago #316314 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
Wondering if I should feel bad about not feeling bad about anything I do.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #316358 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Why can't I quit her? 9 months and counting and all I want is to see her smile.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #316368 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Arisaig wrote: Why can't I quit her? 9 months and counting and all I want is to see her smile.

And I sorta hate how depression makes me post these things when they'll pass 20 mins later.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi