Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267094 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
People need to stop complaining about stuff they get that's free. The free coffee in the bank lobby sucks? Then go to Starbucks. The free horse drawn trolley rides can't guarantee you a seat a week in advance? Show up and wait in line like everyone else.

If you pay for coffee, you can ask that it be good. If you pay for tickets to something, you are entitled to what you paid for.

If something is free then you are entitled to NOTHING! Something given for free is a gift and should be regarded as such. Be grateful that you received something when you've done nothing to earn it. Be happy that another human being decided to be kind and compassionate instead of mean and cruel because it could have easily gone the other way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267369 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
What the fuck is wrong with this place (work)? I've been here two months and I've just sent a second Airman home for the day because they were too stressed out to be useful at work. And I'm not talking "this is too much work" I'm talking they either were crying or on the brink of crying, and I've asked them if they needed my help or if I needed to direct them to another resource because their eyes looked to be staring into the edge of the void.

I'm glad I could bring a little compassion to their lives but I hope I can survive this myself...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267471 by
Of all the places you could have been and the things you could have done for one hour, you decide to stay in the waiting room for your partner during her appointment, preventing me from taking care of statements because I cannot 100% guarantee you won't see the name of a client, and today is not the day I want to risk violating HIPAA confidentiality. Your timing, sir, is atrocious.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267517 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Rants far and wide
BLOODY BUREAUCRATS!

I just paid $900 odd dollars to my government, for what appears to be no reason, for a document that included the following

A Premium, A Tax, A Levy, a Duty, a Fund - I'm not really sure what they're all for, but someone does, and it costs me an an "Administration" as well, presumably to cover the costs of their fucking thesaurus.

The "actual" thing I was paying for (also woefully under-explained as to how they come up with the figure), was $450

Next time I give an invoice, I'm doubling the price, and calling the last items the
"James needs a Boat" Fund
"With a new car to tow it" Levy
"A big TV Would be Nice" Duty
"I really like silk Sheets" Tax
and a "Something for the wife" Premium

There is no smiley that correctly demonstrates my rage and frustration at the bloody cheek of these people - not to mention that when you politely ask for some better explanation of the costs, and where the monies are distributed once you pay them, the poor hapless clerk's at best have no idea, or at worst treat you like dirt for asking.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #267687 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
When you spend nearly $175 on a product, you expect to get that product in good condition. You expect to get all of what you ordered.

What you don't expect is for the person you ordered it from to say, nearly two days after your payment goes through, that "oh, I screwed up the invoice. I only billed you for x, not y, so I didn't send that at all... what do you want me to do?"

And you don't expect to have the product you did get to come in warped and entirely unusable for the purpose you ordered it.

AND SERIOUSLY, DUDE YOU HAD OVER A FRACKING WEEK TO GET ME EVERYTHING IN PROPER ORDER, AND THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT?

No. Screw that. Give me my money back. I'll send you back your piece of s***

*goes to flip a table or two*

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268159 by
When someone complains that Rogue One has nothing to do with the regular Star Wars story but is all excited to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

:ohmy: :blink: :blink: :S

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268422 by

Attachment StopIgnoringMe.jpg not found

Seriously. We can't send you a refund from the overcharge on your last appointment if you don't call me back to confirm your address. Same goes to you, to whom we need to send a statement because we undercharged you.

Edit: Thank you for your cooperation, Statement Client. I'm glad you tried that new thing as advertised above.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268471 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268475 by
Oh here! Let me get you excited about dressing up and going to see a movie!!

And then the night before tell you we want to leave early for dinner......

.........oh and that the movie is a midnight showing

...................And a hour out of town

..............................And that everyone wants to leave a hour after my kids get home from school and 2 hours before husband gets home from work

...........................................And be all dissapointed when I gotta cancel coz im not willing to juggle all of that only to be our, gone, away from home until 5am.....just to stay up a hour before getting kids away and ready for school next day.

Like....seriously.....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268600 by
Why do people freak out so much about speed cameras? Literally, they only get you if you're speeding. They can only catch you if you are actively breaking the law and they're usually calibrated to not ticket you until 10 mph over the limit.

Also, they free up police to go do actual police work instead of sitting on the side of the road as a reminder to slow the heck down. Plus they are statistically proven to reduce accidents and injuries which I'm pretty sure everyone wants.

Instead of wasting everyone's time fighting to get them removed, how about you just obey the freaking law.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi