The Block

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342295 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Jedi teaching number 11!

11. Jedi are mindful of their thoughts. We recognise the beauty in others and we provide help to those who come seeking it. Through our benevolent actions we strengthen not only ourselves but also our communities. Jedi act without prejudice.

Now would be a great time to display this ... what say you?
Then what happens when folk spit or curse or even fight or “kick against the pricks?”

Here’s the big Q ready ... can I see that and try and then ... not try ? Do you have a limit ?is there a moment you have to walk away or stay and fight ? It’s always up to us but be know as sure as there is a teaching 11 there is a counter ... u know your limits ? Tested them out ? Wanna strengthen them? This is what we teach yet ... there is so much more than just two or three lines.

Be aware and combat fatigue when it’s present - know your limits AND know your releases. Know how to build and how to tear down when needed. Tearing down can be building but a jerks a jerk.
Be mindful this week my Jedi and my temple and as always May the Force be with y’all!
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #343066 by Carlos.Martinez3
In the 90s - it was normal to walk and run in movies. You had the occasional scene when the hero ran or fell or had the dramatic falling scene... but other than that it was pretty simple. Then something happened in cinema.
I was introduced to parkour at a young age. I wasnt a great kid with all A s or perfect attendance. Nope, I wasn’t. That’s ok. I’m ok with it now. Anyhow,

“Parkour is a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course training. Practitioners aim to get from one point to another in a complex environment, without assistive equipment and in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Parkour includes running, freerunning, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, plyometrics, rolling, quadrupedal movement (crawling) and other movements as deemed most suitable for the situation. Parkour's development from military training gives it some aspects of a non-combative martial art. “
https://www.bing.com/search?q=parkour&qs=SC&pq=parcore&sk=PRES1&sc=5-7&cvid=E6286E0E26A1489EB4475EB17B5E796A&FORM=QBLH&sp=1

To put it lightly - as a teen I was parkouring on the streets before I knew it was called something. Growing up we just ran - off buildings - fences - walls- you name it, we got away.

Reminds me of my Jeddistic faith. I came here and reviewed the doctrine of this place. I was already doing most of it but just calling it something else. There can come those moment of reflection maybe when you realize -“ hey - I already do that.” This is a Jedi world, If your a modern day Jeddist. Light dark and grey are but sects and labels we can use to describe the flavor or the ways we do things. This is the really real world. Maybe youve been a Jedi longer than you think?
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine-of-the-order

Maybe, you might treat all; no matter color or creed, like people... or respect one another. Maybe you look and leave peace before you leave places... or maybe you just choose to pick a code and live by it. Either label or name - the Jedi way can be found almost anywhere! Happy seeking my Jedi!

Force be with y’all.!
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343406 by
Replied by on topic The Block
New here. Looking forward to next Monday morning!

More
4 years 7 months ago #343407 by Carlos.Martinez3

Dao and De wrote: New here. Looking forward to next Monday morning!

Welcome - feel free to thumb through the last two years .! Force be with ya !!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #343472 by Carlos.Martinez3
While at the store, mingling with so many people; I gotta get bread, I gotta get eggs, I gotta get Mt. Dew!!
Being a modern day Jeddist; with compassion as a center focus, I see so much need, 7.7 Billion people! And my billfolds only got just enough for this week.
My six year old often asks “hey Dad, today, can we help?” That little six year old sits in my mental council and reminds me of goodness every day. Some days; we can help, some days...it’s just not in the stars. Some days it doesn’t cost money, like tucking in the charger cord on the electric shopping cart for the elderly...or helping reach something or even just being a help in different ways. Some times compassions doesn’t cost money. Some times it’s cost a bit of pride. Ohhhh did ya hear that??? - some times compassion cost pride. Think about that my modern day Jeddist! May the Force find you every where y’all look for it and take it !
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Tetrahedron, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #343515 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: While at the store, mingling with so many people; I gotta get bread, I gotta get eggs, I gotta get Mt. Dew!!
Being a modern day Jeddist; with compassion as a center focus, I see so much need, 7.7 Billion people! And my billfolds only got just enough for this week.
My six year old often asks “hey Dad, today, can we help?” That little six year old sits in my mental council and reminds me of goodness every day. Some days; we can help, some days...it’s just not in the stars. Some days it doesn’t cost money, like tucking in the charger cord on the electric shopping cart for the elderly...or helping reach something or even just being a help in different ways. Some times compassions doesn’t cost money. Some times it’s cost a bit of pride. Ohhhh did ya hear that??? - some times compassion cost pride. Think about that my modern day Jeddist! May the Force find you every where y’all look for it and take it !
Pastor Carlos

Thank you Carlos. I just wanted to bump this up because this is a message very much worth reading multiple times.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 7 months ago #343683 by Carlos.Martinez3
Today’s Tuesday- not Monday- that’s ok too!
Smiley face.

One of the hugest obstacles in my modern day Jedi ism is this - I might be the only one- but this...
The other person. (Cue Beethovens 5th dadada daaaaa)
So much ( a majority) of a Jeddist life is self paced - self reflected- and self applicable... what happens when we throw a wrench in that equation? When we add —— others! Can we find the strength and fortitude as well as the “keep on” to continue while other people exist WITH us in our path? It was hard to break that cycle in my own path and it is still a sore spot I continue to practice to this day. Can you make your choices while every ones ... didn’t? Doesn’t? Can’t? Won’t? Can u? Why do “others” throw us off our course or even stag us because of their very presence? Something to think about my Temple!
May the Force continue to be with you my friends
Pastor Carlos.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343697 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: ... One of the hugest obstacles in my modern day Jedi ism is this - I might be the only one- but this...
The other person. (Cue Beethovens 5th dadada daaaaa) ... Pastor Carlos.

Heh. I am reminded of a couple of quotes.

"I love humanity, it's the people I can't stand." (Source unknown)

"Hell is other people." (Jean Paul-Sartre, whose perspective, though insightful, is not usually uplifting)

I find it is easiest to reflect and expand awareness when alone and at peace, but it is the challenge of other people - even those we like and love - stretches us in a different way, pointing out our weaknesses and, if we are fortunate, helping us to transcend them.

I remember hearing motivational speaker Wayne Dyer once describe his belief that when we come into life, we each at some point cross paths with a very important other person - our Master Teacher. This is the person who will most powerfully prod us into our potential and our destiny. He added, "So, when I say this, people always ask me, 'How do I tell who my Master Teacher is?' And I tell them - think about that person who always seems to be around, who frequently gets under your skin and best knows how to push all your buttons. That's your Master Teacher!"

I think maybe he's right. We usually wind up loving our Master Teachers, even though sometimes we'd also like to throw them out a window. :-D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343721 by
"Many are stubborn in the pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in the pursuit of the goal."

-Nietzshche

Thank you for this reminder that stubbornness can be a good thing sometimes!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #343773 by
"There is no greater sin than desire,
No greater curse than discontent,
No greater misfortune than wanting something for oneself.
Therefore he who knows that enough is enough will always have enough."

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi