The Block

More
4 years 5 months ago #344402 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
When we are born ... location plays a huge part of the human make up till we choose another way of doing things. Think about that for a bit. Where - you are randomly selected ( up and start at the same time lol) to live wasn’t up to you in the beginning. Like most “hero’s” in literature and in the myths , there are a few things that happen that are NOT in their control. Location is one. When and where we are born and to whom isn’t a card we can check before we land.
Where you are born can create people just like you. Where u was born makes people like me.

Now, there can come a point when we can start making choices for ourselves. Moving, reading , talking and connections can be a very open gate to a new world. I was born in a faith. Had no control over that and some are born with no faith. No ones fault only - location. What I have faith in now is what I have chosen. We can create our own faith when we decide or are old enough or we choose to do so. Did ya know that? You can choose what you were brought up as or you can make your own ways. Either way the choice is now yours. It’s always been yours !

Joseph Campbell says that “ The aim of all religious exercise is a phycological transformation. You can make up your own meditations and rites based on knowing , loving, and serving the deity in caring for your children, doctoring drunk or writing books. Any work whatsoever can be a meditation if you have the sense that everything is Brahman: the process , the doing , the thing that is being looked at, the one that is looking - everything. “
Kinna sounds like the Force ...
May it be with y’all today and the rest of the week!
Pastor Carlos
A Joseph Campbell companion edited by Diane O.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #344688 by Carlos.Martinez3
When masters meet:

Joseph Campbell tells a story about Alan Watts.
“I recall a wonderful talk I had with Alan Watts, who was a marvelous man. One of my problems was that Jean was always late. [ Wife] I made a appointment to meet her somewhere or another, And there I sit waiting for half an hour.” I find it’s a normal thing to wait for your love. She had so many things to do in only half an hour before she leaves, that half an hour goes by quickly. It’s a basic rule in New York that it takes half an hour to get anywhere from anywhere but Jean always thought that the time she was supposed to be somewhere was the time to leave. So, I had this long wait problem and I said to Alan “ What can I do about this?“ I get aggravated and when she arrives, I am a little bit nasty. Allen said, “Well, your problem is that you want her to be there, and you’re wishing for for a situation that is NOT the one you are in. Just realize that’s you are ruining the experience you could be having there while waiting by thinking it should be otherwise. So then, waiting for Jean became a spiritual exercise. I said to myself “ You should not be thinking that Jean should be here. Look around you and see what is going on.”” And you know, the place where I was became so goddamn interesting that I wasn’t bored at all.” “Often times, I hoped that Jean would make me wait a little longer.”
That would have seemed impossible to me, until Alan suggested shutting out any thought that my situation should have been otherwise.

That’s what fear and desire can do. I desired the situation to be the one we planned, and that desire forbade me my immediate experience:

“This is it! This is life! Look at it! Isn’t it bubbling?”

Reflections on the art of living
A Joseph Campbell companion

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago #344929 by Carlos.Martinez3
This story hails from Indian fable, this was a frequent of the Ramakrishna and was used to share often.

the story goes...

A young aspirant was amazed and overtaken by he idea that in himself, dwelt the power to support the universe and all that live in it. The student moved and spoke with the reverence of a God himself as it began to sink more and more in- he was That- he was God. His word of " I am God and all things are God" could be heard as he began this life of higher experience. It happened that as he took a walk into town a man where and elephant was riding it in town. With his new found Enlightenment he continued to repeat "I am God and everything is God"...he also added "the elephant also is God."
The sound of the steady bells from the quickly approaching elephant and the rider shouting..."Clear the way! Clear the way, you idiot" met with the student saying "I am God and all things are God!" Hearing the riders shouts he said, "Should God be afraid of God? Should God get out of the way of God?" Well, with him in his undistributed meditative state, still walking un disturbed toward the elephant and the elephant to him, the elephant simply wrapped its trunk around the lunatic and tossed him aside, off the road. Internal upset began and he direclty went to his teacher. " You told me that I was God." "yes," said the Guru "you are God, The elephant was God, All things are God. Why didnt you listen to God when he spoke from the elephant to move out of the way?"

Something to think about as we seek the Force this week. When the Force speaks, will it be through the voice of us or "our" idea or its.....
May the Force be with yall as we all seek , serve and share it.

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345141 by Carlos.Martinez3
I got a 20 pound kettle ball by my stairs. I use it as often as I can muster it in my daily routine. By the stairs is my best bet. This morning , it was still 20 pounds yet it didn’t feel like 20- more like 40. My body was struggling. I did my regular routine but it felt a bit more that just what it was. I did a arms extended squat thingy to stretch my old legs and arms and adjust my self a bit - ya know the one ? Smiley face - I can do 20 and be ready for another 20- not this morning - not today. The stars weren’t in alignment today - oh no - the spin of the orbiting something or another no way it was gunna happen.
Made me think.
Some days - in real life - are a bit more than others. It’s just a bit more heavy or it’s just a bit more .... more- ya know. Same eight same thing same life same people - nothing really bad nothing actually wrong - but in that moment I know I found some days a bit more heavier than others. Some can call it darker days some call em heavier - days - what do you call those moments? What do they look like to you ? Even better how do you as a modern day Jeddist combat or even live through moment like that? Where do you go? What do you do?
Today is a day like that for me. Nothing wrong just a bit heavy. I find giving helps to grow where I think some one pooped. Funny to say it like that but I’ve know old farmers - wrinkly old people with deep wrinkles so earthly smart there’s no doubt their word of wisdom come straight from the earth some days. I like folk like that.
“If ya find ya got shit on that’s obviously the part your flowers by the door are needing. “
Such strange wisdom.
Some days - giving seems to help plant other acts of kindness. If you wanna day it like this - there’s a magic in giving.

So this week I wanna share this with ya -

Some days may be much more - fuller - than most and some days there’s no difference and they can seem much more than what they really are.
Giving as a Jeddist is a strange beast we really don’t share but I can share how I do it .
Here on the Temple - I find those who need help or just a encouraging word. Off line - I find people to serve. Most times truthfully- when I’m down- I listen more and it seems to help. In my path there are only the wife and two kids most of the time- so they get to be the recipients of that most time. Those are those moments I kinna am thankful for - afterwards and some times during- Tell me - what do you do? Smiley face -
Force continue to be with you

Edit this was a extra little thought yesterday ! Feel free to join in if ya like any time with this or others posted here.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345170 by Carlos.Martinez3
Monday’s post

I’m currently still in the process of hand writing the “Jeddist book of change”

Here’s an excerpt
For - freee!!!

By Definition, perfection can be attained, yet it still can seem not perfect. Perfection can be constant, yet imperfect. Full-ness can seem empty, but can be managed. The truest, can seem - not, and greatness can seem clumsy and common. Often, the result can be the very thing that overcomes. Movement can overcome cold. Calm can overcome heat. Peace can be made or found. This is the flow. Removal lets the Ebb and Flow run. Never speak for it, speak of it.

That last part gets me -almost always - never speak for it - speak of it. Applying the Force can yield different results - try that this week?
May the Force we seek- serve and share find ya in the seek!
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345394 by Carlos.Martinez3
How can I be born again in the Force?

This is a real question. With our beginnings as our choice -What we bring from our own real life and a whole new set of Maxums and Koans and Codes and Teachings ... it’s no wonder it’s not the easiest of things to understand or even explain.
Most conflict from doctorine can come mainly from interpretation and application.
That’s with anything, Star Wars or not - we are not immune.
How are we as Modern day Jeddist born again??
Are we? Are some of us? Is this born again and dying critical to a Jeddist for receiving of faith or connection?
People are born again all the time. One day the dependent wake with a new direction and new sense of view. Freedoms takes over. Some where there’s two people holding hands maybe ... kissing and for them - life is full of love being born again in love. Some are born in War some in violence and some are knowing peace somewhere in a Church or on a street. Some where some one is become what they don’t want to be and some where someone else has reach that part in their life where it’s now a joy to be alive.
How does a Jeddist experience being born again? Same way we all do. Is there specifics??? Bet your fuzzy socks there is!

For me:

I use my Modern day Jediism as a selfless path. Serve and seek and share. Sometimes my will changes or even dies. Moments after choices like this I feel- new and revived.
I encourage Jeddist everywhere, die daily. Figure out what you can... and try it. I ain’t saying go crazy and hack away at your life like a blind swordsman, but if you’ve had that question- it’s something to think about this week.
How am I born again in the Force? Feel free to share with. That’s why this is here. May the Force continue to be with us all as we all seek, serve and share the Force,
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345399 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Block
Being "born again" is metaphor : whereas body-soul ("soul" = anima/l, that which 'animates' a physical body beyond biological necessity ~ thoughts, sentiments, desires, fears...) birth is imposed - as is death of this duality 'body-soul', the "rebirth" is that to "Spirit" and is voluntary. One must choose to enter into true (non-usage/non-experimental) relationships with others in order to grow into true comprehension, empathie, altruism and compassion.

If you are posing the question, you're already on your way...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Alexandre Orion. Reason: Orthographe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #345702 by Carlos.Martinez3
(Transmission from over there)

Keep on reaching

George Takei was asked one time what was the most important life lesson you’ve learned in life so far.

Now, whether you agree or even disagree with others, I find there can always something good to take from meeting or things I read. I often rarely Agree 100 percent with everyone. George isnt where I find my "gold." I dont specifically seek his side out often but I do hear and read some times things do parallel.
His answer was simple.

Keep reaching.

Made me think.

What makes me stop reaching ? What kills that hope or snuffs it to the point of not shining and NOT reaching?
Hope can be cultivated or even better, that part of us that reaches for things like something new or what we need or want... that "wonder." My hope is we never stop reaching forward. My hope is for myself and all Jeddist in today’s world -never stop hope. Even with just an ounce of it - even with just a remembrance of hope - it can spark and ignite. Hope can change things outside and in.
I’ve always looked for another way to say things. Same old stroy told in diffrent ways...

"...you aint gotta like some one to share connections some times or ideas." 2 Things to think about this week. A simple modern day Jeddist idea - never stop reaching (keep hope)- and some connections can be had with those you may not agree with. Its possible.

much is...

Never stop reaching

May the Force continue to be with us all as we seek serve and share it.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/nov/16/george-takei-dream-dinner-party-star-trek-colleagues-except-one

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346126 by Carlos.Martinez3
Im gunna do this...

We all need a helpful reminder or a tangible way to see things some times. I know I do and thats ok. If its not you, that cool too. It helps me sometimes. Not all the time but there are days when I crawl on the site and read a journal or a post and im like- yea, thats how I feel right there. Understanding this, that its the journals and the post, the things you share are where the connections can come from as well. This whole Modern day Jedi ism seems so big sometimes we can miss a few things. If ya dont by all means share what ya got my friends- share! For some the "sharing" is a hard part to do. Real talk- its those times of real... that you help me Temple. For reals... honest John - cross my heart and all that. I am human and just another Jeddist and member and some days its the strength I see on these walls (cyber walls- journals) that helps me sometimes to try because ... if some one else can then so can I. I'm not alone. I love this place and what it is for me. My encouragement to you this week is this, post. Use your journals. Thats where ya share and thats how connections are made. Thats how is happens here really. Be a part. Ive been waiting for you for a very long time.

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

More
4 years 3 months ago #346582 by Carlos.Martinez3
“They have one thing you haven’t got , a testimonial.”

This is a line from the old classic Wizard of Oz movie I grew up watching over and over and over and over again. It wasn’t till waaaaay after I had heard these words did I realize what was being said. Some days I find wisdom in the oddest of places.

A Testimony.

Everyone has one. Truly - there are few ways to undo a testimony. A Testimony is a account or a part of a story that’s first hand application of what we were looking for from our own point of view. That means we get to label the story. We are the authors. There are some who are more story tellers than some but for the most part - a testimony can’t be stopped. How do you get one? This is where I leave you. Where and how is totally up to you. If you don’t got one - take some time to make one out or at least get it organized. What’s your side of the story? Tell me - your testimony.
How does your Jedi testimony look like? Sound like? What do you got that they don’t?

Looking forward to what I read!! Post it here if you like! I’ll do the same after the first post.
May the Force be with you !

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi