The Block

More
4 years 3 months ago #346962 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Some times my Sgt Martinez comes out. My wife often reminds me when he’s welcome - needed or needs to go to parade rest which for most of the world means to shut up and put your hands behind your back and your jabber zipped. My military background is no secret. For a very long time I was the one who worked extra or was the one who volunteered for not everything but for the good stuff. Schools and extra training was a privilege for me so... the day I learned all the Army instructors were looking for was what they were telling and instructing you to do, you guessed it- I began to excel not only in status but in rank. The day I got my stripes was a strange day. It happened. The only thing that changed was now- more was expected from me - from more people. It was easy to keep track of myself - I was only one- but when more people were added to the equation, it wasn’t the same.
I love the Hero’s journey. I’m a fan. Humanity in story form. For me it’s something I can and do connect to. To share our story’s and find the common theme or bond or connection, that’s - for me- the difference. The day I got my stripes - it’s not that I wasn’t ready, truthfully it’s that there was more added that I wasn’t aware of. I find a lot of similarities when I see the Hero’s journey from those who share.
There may come a time when you get the job or the position or the responsibility or even ... the Title! Tah- dah!!! Something in life will come and not from any thing bad or malice but you will find out - when you get it - there’s gunna be things , you won’t know. Be human. That’s ok. Know that as your Pastor I can encourage you to be wise and understand this. New spot means new everything. Be ready and don’t quit. Your there because - well you can, so now... can. As modern day Jeddist our roots come from Myth and imagination. What we can apply and create today- can be a great way to grow by word of mouth. Yea it may be old school, But having good council is sometimes better than good friends. Take it from this old soldier, those moments in life and in the story’s when the main character or hero of the story finds they are given the task or the opportunity to lead, it usually happens and most times it to the hero to try to figure out how to balance it. Most the time they do. It may take some time but for the most part, the hero can figure it out. I tell my own family story’s of The Native American Rabbit who always did things more than once till he figured out finally how the last try as a reminder- may not happen the first time bit you’ll get it.
So, from that old man inside who’s survived long enough to turn back and say- hey here’s some advice - your the hero - you’ll figure it out. You may have help. I don’t know how, but you can. I do believe in you. Some of the tales we share- are some of the best storys I know. How you DID make it. How you are here - NOW. May we continue to share the good stuff. May the Force be with you every where we share seek and serve it. Keep sharing! Don’t quit. Keep writing your story. Being a modern day Jeddist is a privilege for me, you all make it real. You put real faces on real life.

Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #347015 by Carlos.Martinez3
Monday bump

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #347344 by Carlos.Martinez3
Your Code

When you're all alone, your code(s) will stand. When you have nothing else, your code(s) will be the proverbial light or direction you can choose. When no one's looking... your code(s) is. What's in a code? Some codes are written on walls and on paper and in cyberspace and even real books. Some codes are passed. We as Jedi have a code.

The Jedi Code comes in two versions which are different ways of understanding the same teaching.

Emotion, yet Peace. There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
Passion, yet Serenity. There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
Chaos, yet Harmony. There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
Death, yet the Force. There is no Death, there is the Force.
by Greg Costikyan

That's not the only one out there. So many ideas and codes out there it would seem kinda -silly- to just have ONE. We are human first, and all from different places and ideas and faiths and practices. Different codes. The ideas we remind ourselves of when we forget or need reminder can probably make a list so long... it would take years to get 'em all in one place. Luckily we don't have to. Choose your codes and live by em. Memorize them. Practice them. Truthfully, its those codes of ethics or code of conduct or that code of honor that makes you - you or the mix of those present.

CODES
If ya don't got em - I encourage you ...get em! Its really up to you.
May the force be with you this week and we all seek, share and serve the Force.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #347413 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Death/eternity/consciousness

I want to share some thoughts about death, which suddenly appeared while I was read a book Thelema,
(where was something about fest of death, thus celebration of death).

Celebration of death, which is nearly everywhere around the world (except Hindu and Buddhist religious countries) perceived like something inappropriate.
Though death is something absolutely natural, I see the most frequent problem with it, that most people connecting it with pain, which is wrongly perceived.
The ageing is one thing, but death itself isn´t painful. (it´s like switch on/switch off the bulb).

However, it isn´t the main thing I was going to talk about.

What came to my mind related with fest of death is, that in our society with death of close people are related emotions like sad, anger, frustration, you know.
Lot of negative emotions, which are basically selfish < and nothing more.
(I have absolutely nothing against selfishness, but mostly this fact is overlooked)

• I loved that person so much - what will miss are that emotions which raised everytime when two persons were together
• He/She will miss me - you see in this statement, that you are - what matters most.
• We spent so much wonderful years, which can not continue in future - in fact the energy and emotions as well, but it´s all about you.

I quess that Mark Twain was right, when he said in one of his work - What is man? - that he/she is mere selfish jerk.

There yet one thing I want to mention in relation with death.
And that is soul - which in religion context is - personality, desires, values etc...
Which are frequently discussed around the death and afterlife.
However I think that it isn´t the true case why are people concerned about death.
Because personality, desires and values are in fact created after birth and thus created by external influences.
The real case, why are people concernined about death is fact, that with it, they lose their consciousness, thus fact that they exist at the moment.
(which is of course related with personality, desires and so on). But real fear is connected only just with absence of consciousness.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by .

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #347582 by Carlos.Martinez3
What a time to be here.
This morning I awoke to a meditation in my heart and in my mind from what I can only claim as the Force. I had been thinking and hoping for today’s message here on the block. Here we go.

Did you know that presently ...
In this Temple there are new people every day logging in and signing up -( from membership affairs and faithful service ) ever day new people make accounts to the point - I can’t keep up with them weekly. This is a great thing.
This holiday season - the founder is and may post a sermon for the Temple.
Currently there are Pilars of our temple coming back on a regular basis. In my past experience there was one Pastor and a few clergy members - today you have people from the beginning of the actual Temple it self 13 14 years ago here now present - willing to serve and share. We have today the opportunity to speak directly to our past - presently.
We are currently filling this place with people from every walk of life. Look around - yea we argue and bicker but that’s what family do- we get there - together. Transparency is a action more than a request now . Knights are organizing and returning - clergy are as well. New blood is filling our veins. This whole place is as alive as I have seen it with minimal efforts.
As young Anikin would say ...
It’s working ! It’s working !!!!!
So I leave y’all with this this Monday and this holiday season- happily holidays and May the Force continue to be with you as we all continue to seek serve and share it!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 2 months ago #347585 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
Thank you brother, very nicely worded. May the Force be with you and all of us

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 2 months ago #347826 by Carlos.Martinez3
Today is Monday. Last one for the year.
Ive heard this year has already started for some people and a lot of folks have said this will be a strange year all together. I’ve even heard it said if 2020 ain’t started for you yet your behind. For me and my family , 2020 is already a strange beast. Lots of cultivating things we’ve planted this year. Nothing big or huge but it’s obvious. Those thing we have planted- whether we think good or bad - things will start to germ. This week and this year think about that - be on the lookout for what ya planted !
May the Force be with you always Jedi !

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #348365 by Carlos.Martinez3
Today is Monday- again So here we go!

This is a excerpt from the Shepard’s journal or A Jeddist book of change. Soon to be published
One-
...” As a human and as a chosen Jeddist, we all have the privilege where and what we title “The Force.” It CAN be the idea or/and the ebb and flow or the way or the practice - either for character, guidance, or even lead. Some parts we may not ever be able to. That’s ok too. No one Force May be like the other. Simply put, the Force is the way we freely and actually choose to merit. By this, it will never be the same. Our beginnings and creation CAN depend on the choice to seek that which can’t be named and experienced fully. These are steps toward understanding. “

What say you?
Something to think about this week.
Feel free to post comments or encouragement or ideas any time- all are welcome.
May the Force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348413 by
Replied by on topic The Block
i dunno. im having second thoughts.
this is meant for all, but really just to carlos.
its good that the temple encourages and tolerates thoughts, and i like that patience and time is built in. these are good things.
i am beginning to think that i do not belong here.
every question is met with question. never a solution.
its ok to question, its good, i believe.
but really, some things are stupid. what is right and what is wrong?
who decides?
i mean, this question is way older than buddhist philosophy.
and the answer is fairly clear.
you eat what you need to eat when hungry.
you dont kill for fun when you are not hungry.
nobody needs to be taught this.
its pretty clear.
there is no interpretation.
zero is null is nothing.
and somebody will say, well on this or that....
good for you.
i like the ringing tone of water in glasses too.
but to say, well that is not music, or it is...i mean, im just out of patience.
what is good and what is bad...well, if you dont know that running over a baby and a mother in a crosswalk is bad - its sort of a stupid question isnt it?
of course its bad!
i just dont fit here.
i wish you all the best, but im sorta on the leaving side also.
skyyrm is pretty smart. he had practical replies, stuff you can use.
carlos, very supportive.
elizabeth, likewise.
i wish no harm to anyone, and success...to well, you know who you are.
asking questions is good. to do so with no answers volunteered is useless.
dont give me a problem without also offering a solution.
sorry if this sounded harsh, but im sorta sick of defending myself and being forced to justify fairly clear issues.
it is not the jedi way.
if you find a lack of merit in my questions, without offering thoughts in return - YOU lack merit.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #348422 by Carlos.Martinez3
A Lot of what we do here is self reflective. When I first started here it pissed me off so much I couldn't get a strait answer from any one during my beginnings here. That's what self reflective means sometimes- asking ourselves these type of questions and finding out the answers, not for some one else but for ourselves. As a modern day Jeddist we can choose so much even our own definitions.

Some people don't belong here as much as some find a home. Some would say " Every Action has an Equal and Opposite reaction"- I'm gunna add the word "somewhere" here to help me explain that for every person who finds a home somewhere one finds themselves home sick or lost. For every win, there may be a loss and for every down there can be a up. Same can be said of this life. There are some who wont understand this Modern day Jedi ism and there are some who will find it like good dirt. It may take some one seconds to accept things then again there may be some who take more than one or two trys. What ever the case - keep seeking. if ya need anything feel free to drop me a line , my in box is almost always open.

Merit is sometimes where we can lay it. That's some days the point that can keep or free. May the Force you seek find you in every place you look for it and may it find you where you don't look for it, may it continue to be with you.

Feel free to personalize your journal with your own thoughts on things and feelings of such ideas as this. Use your recourses as you see fit but there are some who leave here and never come back AND those who come back and share. Today will be one of those days some will leave and some will find a home depending on that self reflective spirit.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi