The Block

More
4 years 9 months ago #338682 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
I’ve only seen the movie but now I got a read the book ! Good stuff Kobos! Thanks and may the Force continue to be with you !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #338705 by
Replied by on topic The Block
I think that as we travel our journeys we should also keep in mind that not only are we the hero of our own story but we are also the anti hero, the mentor, the every man, the trixter, and even the villain of others stories. We fill all these roles in our lives in different capacities if we are living our lives to the fullest. I ask you, are you filling these roles in others lives? If not, then why not?:)

More
4 years 9 months ago #338707 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Awesome food for thought Kyrin, Thank you!

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 9 months ago #338721 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I think that as we travel our journeys we should also keep in mind that not only are we the hero of our own story but we are also the anti hero, the mentor, the every man, the trixter, and even the villain of others stories. We fill all these roles in our lives in different capacities if we are living our lives to the fullest. I ask you, are you filling these roles in others lives? If not, then why not?:)

Even better - sometimes we are these themes in other paths as well. So many times that word Hero is so stuck to one definition we can sometimes forget in real life there are no capes.

Attachment FA1CFCBD-143D-46E4-806B-6349CB0BA2BE.png not found

The hardest thing in a modern day Jeddist life is finding their own balance of things. The romance of A Jedi Knight for me is to have that cloak or that hood and be able to be me and to be exactly what’s needed regardless of the situation. In real life ( for me) it’s that ability to stand on my own choices and “perform admirably.” My own choice- but we can - as humans - create our own character and our own balance. How do our “HEROS” act when that moment comes when they act - the way we want to- and why? What are their choices? For me - it’s the fighter that has trained and finds the solution to NOT fight any more or the sage who builds by every day wisdom and action - revealing a every day balance. We all have our own “hero’s” so I ask you Temple - what do yours do ? Is it possible to do just that ? Is it possible to learn from a myth - a story - a comic book- a bible - a way - a idea - etc etc etc....
Looking forward to what ya post.

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #338981 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment E5887DAF-332B-4CC8-A722-646583DE6262.jpeg not found

Tuesday s post of a Monday thing

Character - a big word that can transcend many labels. Something to think about - seriously - think about that.
But how ??? Glad u asked
Ever seen...
Christian character
Mormon character
Buddhist character
Wiccan character
Heathen character
Logical character
Imaginary character
Comic book character
Dark character
Light character
Selfish character
Selfless character
Ever see animals display character
Nature display character
The list goes on...
You can find it any where ...
(labeled character) - if ya remove the label and just call it character - you can find character anywhere. Some good, some you might not like, but it’s all there; like a huge buffet table and you have two good hands for two good plates.

Attachment 004EE943-E530-4978-915F-DB9C3550F10A.jpeg not found

Take what ya want - take what ya need: some of us over grab, some of us under plate and yet - some of us try new things. Some of us are scared to..we never really have a stopping point. We do that, on our own...So - I hope this a a gentle reminder - what ya gunna get ? What ya gunna try ? U full? You good ? Or are you like me and just wanna see what all is available ? Got a specific taste you’re looking for ? Come sit at my table and let’s share ! Force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339028 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
I think about the word character and see the word "actor" in there. Part of us and our character is our actions. Be the actor you want to be and realize you have control of that. I think that's where we were when we were trying to judge people by the content there of.

Just some thoughts for the table.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 9 months ago #339039 by Carlos.Martinez3
Love that !

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #339169 by Carlos.Martinez3
Joseph Campbell said one time : Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.
Some heavy stuff for a Monday. What ya bringing to life? What does your song ... sound like? My little brother sent me a link yesterday of some major rock songs being played in major chords as opposed to minor chords. Changed the whole - being of the things. Some times our songs can change my a mere change of a chord or a idea or even a focus shift. Hmmm our choices can make a tragedy into something joyful and triumphant. Just something to think about. Force continue to be with you as we all seek share and serve it!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339195 by
Replied by on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Joseph Campbell said one time : Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.

That has been one of my favorite quotes for a long time.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339532 by Carlos.Martinez3
You are worth value. I saw a video of a preacher tossing a 20 dollar bill around asking some one if they wanted it after all the silliness and then he reminded the crowd - after all that - it hasn’t lost it value. What a simple little reminder of something so heavy. Life takes us on ups and downs and even does a number on us some times that can leave us feeling like... well crap. On the sad days and the bad days the happy and the glad days ... your value is still the same. In you is still that potential as a human being to be able to accomplish and overcome and shine and be the example you choose to be... regardless of what’s up with the what’s up. There’s a old saying ... regardless of the sky , the sun shines behind it. I’m not saying everything sunshine and rainbows but it’s up to you - your focus. Remember - no matter the sky - no matter what’s going on - your still A Jeddist - your still a human being - your still the one your story is about - remember that ! You are the Hero- in your story - you are what brings the story to life. Fill it !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Amaya, Kobos, Zero

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi