The Block

More
7 years 6 months ago #255108 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Block was created by Carlos.Martinez3
I often think and hope for one day a physical place to sit and meet others and chat about things in a plaza rock quarry setting. I'm just wishing and letting out a bit of my heart out. Sadly, that may never come to pass but, I can pop my soap box on this place here. The idea is every Monday to post something worth ministering. I am a minister and my ministry is this wonderful place, so with out further ado... here we go.
Posts will be given on Monday mornings, lol my Monday mornings. Pm if any questions or comments gripes or concerns. The purpose is to sharpen iron with iron. See u on Monday.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Tetrahedron, Jack.Troutman, Brick, Rex and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #255883 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Monday thought

No one ever looks forward to Mondays. I think my own personal reason was it was the beginning of the week and the re start of things and new connections to make or burn, you know life, but I wasn't ready for it. Later in life I learned the art of preparation. That's not the subject here, this weeks idea for meditation comes from a thought I received while at Kitty Hawk. The actual place of the "first flight". Its very modern in a sense now that the small 3 foot gates of concrete were colored and the parking area was labeled and it was obvious where the souvenir stands were. There was a lot of people there and the park closed early, it was July 3rd. North Carolina was filled with tourist galore. I wanted to take some time to take the family to see this place, since birth its been a dream of mine to see this place. Well, I was with the in laws and kid sister and the grandparents and the Times just didn't line up and the park closed, and it was us with out a car, we were in a rental and it wasn't available, all seemed lost. Then I remembered, I have backpacked from city to cities, a few miles wasn't gunna hurt me...and so daddy said hey guys, lets leave every one here and have a walk-about. The wife, what a woman, said im down and I packed my 3 year old on my shoulders and we began our trip on foot. Now , the park is an open air type of park, it doesn't really close, no real gates and locks, but after the last tour the "official ness" leaves and every one goes with them. The reason for this is the park has a monument, Huge and spectacular in itself, a salute to the spark of man. Dude its cool! You should go! lol So now its late and the streets are crowded and me and the wife and the boy are playing real life Frogger near Kitty Hawk to reach this place. Remember we are on foot. We reach the park. Its a Field. Not a park a empty lot. A Huge empty space of land. So we break and re adjust. Now its 9 pm night time. And weve been on foot with the boy and have been crossing live traffic. We realized why no one was here at night. This place got dark, so dark at night. me and my family began the walk from the front gate to the hill. For those who don't know the Hill at Kitty Hawk is where Mr Orville and Mr Wilbur drug their flying contraption to be the first humans to take flight. This to me was THE HILL. Once I reached the stupid thing, just kidding, I was out of breath and now it was well into the night. Some of the complaints we had that night were as followed, We were sweaty, uncomfortably and so was the boy. We were tired. We didn't have anything to drink, so we were thirsty. The boy was obviously tired and frustrated. Not to mention im not that same gunny SGT. trudging in my combat boots, oh no, I was wearing simple sneakers and no thought to preparation for this treck. We wanted to see the top there was no stopping now, even if a native brown bear came out of the bushes, Very possible I later realized too. The Hike to the top was the best burn in my calves and quads I can honestly say I had felt on a very long time. I knew I was going to be sore. I was down. We reached the top. ... all 3 of us late on the 3rd of July. The walk back and out of the park and all the way home was totally different than the walk to. When we stopped and saw what we saw, there was no explanation. I personally think a dragon vein lives there near the area if not right on top of that small chunky hill. My family felt it, I did, my wife did and my son I hope did as well. The sight of the place where we Flew... some say that the spot was where impossible died. Wow. We were standing on the same hill, out of breath and sore, I admit it now, but so worth seeing the Fireworks go off on Kitty Hawk. Sitting on a place know for Breaking thoughts and ideas, anything is possible. There my wife and I decided a few things and the path that has us now is the path we choose after experiencing ourselves at this place.
Growing up I always had an active imagination. Some of my childhood stories still dwarf what came from the depths of the earth created by Morgoth in the first age. Name drop!lol My boys 3 years old. Ive heard a plenty of the terrible 3 s or the terrible 2 s. I am fortunate to be directly involved in the development of my sons physical mental and spiritual development. Yet, my son IS hard headed. Just like his Pappy! In our home we have an entirely different approach to things which gives us different outcomes. Normally, this would cause conflict.
Stubbornness can be a virtue. It is necessary, if advances are made in : science, govnmt, medicine, spirituality and in humanity it self. Regardless of the attachment of "side" Mr Chrstopher Columbus was stubborn. He acted and discovered the "new world." The Wright Brothers were out schooled, out sourced, out classed and out everything and yet, They are the ones who flew, not the other team. The stubbornness of the Bike shop brothers and the Determination, both present, took us past the idea that we will never fly.
Stubbornness that is firmness and not obstinate bullheadedness is a priceless quality in character. Those who achieve greatness commonly possess this quality. Without it some may not be able to overcome constant obstacles some call impossible. Stubbornness lives ever present. Some times I myself do it automatically. Where our focus and balance lies can very well effect whether stubbornness is a asset or a weight. Something to think and meditate about this week Jedi. The goal is to build up my Temple, each and every one. Please feel free to comment if you like. pm if you need. The goal is to build. Lets Build our Temple one heart at a time. May the Living Force be with you all , right where you go and when you return home! Be Well.
Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Cyan Sarden, Jack.Troutman, Brick, jpadkins and 8 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #255885 by Carlos.Martinez3
Feel free to add to the building of our Temple. All comments and additions are welcome. The idea is to generate ideas, share them.
So yes, you can add anytime! Please do. Pm if u would like as well. Please do

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 6 months ago #255886 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The Block
Moved per request of OP

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
7 years 6 months ago #255894 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic The Block
Thank you Master, this is inspiring to me. I am going through some things that I would not wish on anyone. I would love to visit this place one day to stand where inspirational giants have stood, including you! This is a timely message of hope and provokes some thought in me.
Thank You,

May the Living Force wrap you and your family in warmth and protection always!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 6 months ago #255900 by Carlos.Martinez3
May the Living Force keep you Jack!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

More
7 years 6 months ago #255911 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Block

"Dans les yeux de quiconque ayant lu l'histoire est la vertu originale de l'Homme.
Il est par désobéissance et rébellion que Progrès se fit."
~ Oscar Wilde

B)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255916 by
Replied by on topic The Block
The stubborn man may not always be wise , but at least he is going places , thank you for your inspiring words Master :)

More
7 years 6 months ago #255972 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic The Block

Alexandre Orion wrote:

"Dans les yeux de quiconque ayant lu l'histoire est la vertu originale de l'Homme.
Il est par désobéissance et rébellion que Progrès se fit."
~ Oscar Wilde

B)

I wish I could read Spanish lol jk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #256256 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Very inspiring! Thank you master