The Block

More
4 years 10 months ago #338103 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Monday

Something to think about for this week. Our codes and our maxims and our teachings. Not just here at Tojo but all around us. The actual words don’t really mean as much as HOW we display them. Colors and paint and pens and pencils and papers and canvas don’t make the art - it’s the person and the heart that makes it Art. It is how and where we apply our chosen ideas - that can often make us WHAT- we are. Think about that Jedi this week as we work and play and eat and love and live - we got codes and reminders but it ain’t the words that make us —-it’s how we paint them and how we balance them. That - I think - is often the beauty of life - when stroke meets plane - where the runner meets the road- when be begin to act - on what we believe. Happy seeking my beautiful Jedi - all around the world - where ever you are. Shine ! - share your beauty - live it - Bloch it - scrape it - paint it - sing it - spray it - study it - love it - live it - show it - put it in your hands or in you words or in your heart or in anything you can- The color of life is what you ... ARE! Paint away!!
Pastor Carlos.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, mkendall, Kobos, jpadkins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #338403 by Carlos.Martinez3
JC (Joseph Campbell) said one time :
“Do not give up on your vices. Make your vices work for you. If you are a proud person, don’t get rid of your pride. Apply it to your spiritual quest.”

What a jerk. !!! Just kidding but truthfully , ever wonder - “ how on this round earth do I do that?”

Over time and practice, I’ve noticed that what used to be stubbornness has began to become faithfulness with different application. I can only share from one person to another that while my focus has changed, so to the application of what was once vices that snared me - can now free. How - is totally up to each of us. Some may only need to hear or see it or some may only need to know it’s possible. Some may need the simple understanding it CAN be done. The how - in life- is often to each of us to find it out for ourselfs but just imagine... that thing about you that keeps - CAN also or maybe - free ya.
Force be with each of us this week where ever we seek it or where ever we may wind up being when it does! Happy seeking.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, mkendall, Kobos, jpadkins

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338406 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Is this an example of embracing your dark side? You are sounding like a Sith! :P :silly:

More
4 years 10 months ago #338414 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic The Block

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is this an example of embracing your dark side? You are sounding like a Sith! :P :silly:

Doesn't sound like it to me. I've been accused of being stubborn myself and I think it depends. On one hand, what if the person is trying to get you to do what they want, not necessarily what's in your best interest or in the service of the greater good? In this case, I think taking on a personality that is very earthen or solid would be appropriate. There are many martial arts techniques that focus on footwork and firm/solid balance. Without this applying power is more difficult. Therefore, I think knowing who you are is important to maintaining that sense of self in spite of external influences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 10 months ago #338415 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic The Block
I remember reading in a zen book somewhere - that mindfulness was the key to vices.
If you're being prideful - mindfully or drinking a beer - mindfully - the vice becomes part of your path
as long as you are fully in the present moment and all that jazz.

Apprentice - Knight Atania
IP Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338418 by

ZealotX wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is this an example of embracing your dark side? You are sounding like a Sith! :P :silly:

Doesn't sound like it to me.

I am very curious now. How do you see the Sith Philosophy? I asked you this in another thread and maybe you just have not had a chance to reply yet, so I thought I would ask again lol..

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #338422 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m very curious- why does the search for character need a label?

Edit : what WOULD you label the pursuit of character ?? Neither dark nor light .

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338424 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I’m very curious- why does the search for character need a label?

Edit : what WOULD you label the pursuit of character ?? Neither dark nor light .

Exactly, the search need not be one of labels, dark or light, jedi or sith, knight or lord.

More
4 years 9 months ago #338653 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Hero
Often times in real life the HERO is the subject or the theme. They are the reason for the story. Where does the magic - the plot - the twists - the drama - the sadness- the pain- the freedom - the hope - where do these all come from in real life? What’s your favorite story or favorite myth? Ya know, that one story ya identify with? Where do those themes often come from? Often times - they come from outside of our circle. What are we allowing to act on us? Something to think about this week Jedi.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 9 months ago #338674 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
One of my favorite books, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest seems like an odd place to find a heroic story. Particularly when one doesn't pick the obvious choice of Mac-Murphy (the antagonist) but picking the narrator Big Chief Bromden. The chief, he sees all of Mac Murphy's struggles against the establishment, but continues to fall back into the "fog" and fear of the machine (the asylum(if you haven't read it). He often sits and observes only to move in and out of the fog sometimes making a movement that moves along the story or allows Mac-Murphy's actions. In the end he sees there will always be the fog, but he with the effort can be free of the "machines" of his fear. And when he comes through the fog this final time he comes through the fog to his freedom, quite literally. However, our antagonist in all essential purposes died, at least I would see a frontal lobotomy as such.

I couldn't tell you why I always see Big Chief as a hero in this story but it's a damn fine story. I recommend you give it read it if you have not (P. S.The book is better than the movie).

Thanks Carlos I thought I would give this the reply I was thinking about!
Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi