Rants far and wide

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197263 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide

Athena_Undomiel wrote: I have 75 (yes literally) job applications out right now. I have lots of retail experience, military training as mechanic, I worked the last year in the Army basically as an Assistant to my Lt. and Platoon Sgt. I can type well. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and honestly I love organizing other people's things (just not my own). I have good references and have never been in trouble with the law. Why the hell can't I get a job? So Frustrated!!! I know that it would benefit my family better if I was the one working but I can't find a job...why? I just feel stuck because I don't feel like I'm any good at this Stay at Home Mom thing. Don't get me wrong my son is smart (well advanced for a 2 year old) but I just don't understand it. My husband provides a great life for us-don't get it twisted; I just think that everyone would benefit more from me working...I don't know I just want to feel like I'm good at something again...
*frustrated*

-Decide what you want
-Get it no matter who or what gets in your way
-Profit?

I do the stay at home dad thing, I think it's awesome, a bit like a holiday every day. And I get to make money however I want, it's unstable income but overall it's actually more than what my wife gets from her stable day job.
Obviously if you have demands regarding working hours or are otherwise not 100% available finding employment outside cashier at a supermarket will be difficult. You may as well start your own business.

And before anyone has a go at whyte horse, in the UK what he is suggesting is big business. If you have a decent production you can go sell your produce on markets, with a "home grown" guarantee, and even if you charge the same as a supermarket (you can go higher), you'll still make a nice profit.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197308 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Rants far and wide

ren wrote: I do the stay at home dad thing, I think it's awesome, a bit like a holiday every day. And I get to make money however I want, it's unstable income but overall it's actually more than what my wife gets from her stable day job.
Obviously if you have demands regarding working hours or are otherwise not 100% available finding employment outside cashier at a supermarket will be difficult. You may as well start your own business.

And before anyone has a go at whyte horse, in the UK what he is suggesting is big business. If you have a decent production you can go sell your produce on markets, with a "home grown" guarantee, and even if you charge the same as a supermarket (you can go higher), you'll still make a nice profit.

Same here(stay at home dad) and I can relate to that desire to do something more. At first it was just household maintenance but then I started taking on more and more. Nowadays I'd have to be making $60k at a jobbie to have the lifestyle I do now with organic food, if I bought it all. Next on my list is beer, wine, and meade making. Maybe one day I'll do soap.

Anyway, the division of labour has created a caste-like system but if you're careful not to fall into that trap, there are millions of things that need to be done and we can just do them ourselves. I'd love to find more people like myself that can trade their wares for mine. Right now I'm surrounded by people who sit around all day sending resumes out, only to not find work, and then become broke and desperate. Meanwhile they could have planted some seeds or something like that. It's a real tragedy...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

More
8 years 9 months ago #197328 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
I hate having to put on a face to appear happy when I'm not, just to avoid questions.
Otherwise it's 'yes I feel rubbish but I don't want to talk to you about it.'

Some days are down days, and I wish I could just have those down days without questions or fakery.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 9 months ago #197351 by Edan
One thing after a bloody nother this week. Now I get to feel terrible because I made the wrong decision yesterday.
This week needs to be over.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #199017 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
You know....I get that I can....alot of time's....be such a air head. Forget things. Blank out. But when I don't and things still go bad....I do wish I wouldn't be the one to get the blame for it.

Kairi's School people told me after our meeting that they would get all the information I needed. I trusted that. Since my younger daughter dosn't start school until the end of September...I wasn't worried (I thought I still had a month and some to go). Then out of no where. Like...Yesterday. I found out Open House is on Monday and my oldest daughter starts school August 5th. Thats likes...Literally....5 days from now! I received no information. The bus hasn't been around to check on routes. WTF with this last minuet BS? *Sigh* So yea...Now I have to play catch up. *sigh*

More
8 years 9 months ago #199021 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
In other news, I'm the crazy one, apparently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
8 years 9 months ago #199022 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
You know, Anxiety, I'm really tired of your @)$(*. You've been clinging to my back all week. Go. Away. I'm going to be flying solo as a parent for the next three days and I don't need your 'help'. *)@* off!
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 8 months ago #199133 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
The AC busted in the office. With my machines running we've hit 95 degrees so far...

:(

Oh, whiskers...

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199152 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
It really irks me when I see stuff on the internet about "Islamic Terrorists" this and "Islamic Terrorists" that. "Muslim Islamic Terrorists." (I really dislike that one due to it's redundancy) "How did we go from 9/11 to being afraid to offend Muslims?" :angry:

People can't seem to separate the radical terrorist groups from the religion. Yes, those groups are of that religion, but that's not why they are the way they are. They're nuts, that's why they are the way they are. Kind of like how the Westboro Baptist Church is crazy but not all Christians are like that. Most aren't, in fact.

I just helped three very cool guys from Pakistan at work and all I could think was "people who say stuff like that must never have met any actual Muslim people." Every person of that faith that I have met are really cool people who would no sooner shoot someone than I would. They may be even less likely. :laugh: ... :huh: ... :blink: ... B)

More
8 years 8 months ago #199157 by Edan
I don't feel I can openly rant about what I want to rant about. So I'm going to rant that I can't rant about it. :angry:

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Breeze el Tierno,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi