Rants far and wide

More
8 years 9 months ago #195944 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic Rants far and wide
I hate being an American. I loathe it, no...I abhor the title, the stereotype, the arrogance and ignorance that comes with living in this "Best Country in the World". The level of ignorance that we are just given as children is disgusting; and then we leave our comfort zone, our families, and expand our view of the world just a little bit we realize how sheltered we truly are. The first time I saw the conflict in Uganda, I was in high school watching Channel 1 ( :blink: ) and I cried. When the earthquake hit Tibet and knocked down Temples, on Dragon Veins, that have existed much longer than our pathetic, power hungry, country has; my first thought was; "Seriously America? We can raise $4.2 Million for Super Troopers 2 but we can't donate more money to help the people in Tibet?" It's disgusting. We are so self centered and concerned with what everyone else is doing and trying to police the world but we turn a blind eye to all the horrible ignorant shit that goes on in our own country. The time that I spent in Afghanistan is the reason I am no longer in the military. (I will leave that there for now). We, as a country, need to stop being so damned reliant on our "officials". We have raised an entire generation that the only way they can get a "good" job is by having a degree. What exactly is a "good" job? If you can provide for your[self] or family then why isn't that "good"? What happened in the generations ahead of myself that gave them the idea that they need to push, that they need compete with each other and they need to constantly be better than everyone around them? We need to wake up; whether it's just here in the US or all over, everyone needs to be aware that unless we do something with the young ones now. If we can get them off their screens and reacquaint them with the rest of the world; the world that exists rights outside their windows, right behind their phones and their devices. We have generations of kids now that aren't doing anything, because they are focused whatever their screens tell them to do...ah blast, Lucky Charms has killed my desire to rant....another day then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196028 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
I was going to rant. Had quite the tirade typed and ready to submit. In the past I wouldn't have hesitated. I want too, badly, I do, but....I will not. Not today. Quite possibly before I am Knighted, but not today...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Edan

More
8 years 9 months ago #196061 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Rants far and wide
Crapitalism... people and their relentless pursuit of profit. Sometimes I feel like the only sane person imprisoned in a lunatic asylum. Everybody running around screaming "DERKA DERRR" and "HERP DERP". Pathological insanity drives people to spend their every waking moment coming up with scams to get money. Psychos devote entire decades of their lives to a "career" they hate, working for people they don't like, so they can buy crap they don't even want.

Religiously, they go to their bank/temple, walk up to the altar of money, give their offering to the teller/preist, and then await the blessing of a number on a piece of paper. That number then dictates everything they can and will do for the next 30 days... If it's a big number, they can consume huge amounts of resources. If it's small enough, they may just go lie in the street and starve to death.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196072 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
No one listens to philosophers any more .... :(

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

More
8 years 9 months ago #196110 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide

Alexandre Orion wrote: No one listens to philosophers any more .... :(

I'm not sure anyone ever did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196112 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Seconded. ^

More
8 years 9 months ago #196118 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Rants far and wide
Although I understand why, I'm tired of my husband working late and being on baby duty solo . Mostly I'm tired of being sick. Pain wears my patience very thinly. Difficult to be a solo parent without patience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Breeze el Tierno, Athena_Undomiel

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196132 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
It's more than 22 degrees outside and about as hot in the gym, all I want is to splash my face with cold water as normal after my run.... The cold tap is hot! Where is your water coming from! Hell?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 9 months ago #197202 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic Rants far and wide
I have 75 (yes literally) job applications out right now. I have lots of retail experience, military training as mechanic, I worked the last year in the Army basically as an Assistant to my Lt. and Platoon Sgt. I can type well. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and honestly I love organizing other people's things (just not my own). I have good references and have never been in trouble with the law. Why the hell can't I get a job? So Frustrated!!! I know that it would benefit my family better if I was the one working but I can't find a job...why? I just feel stuck because I don't feel like I'm any good at this Stay at Home Mom thing. Don't get me wrong my son is smart (well advanced for a 2 year old) but I just don't understand it. My husband provides a great life for us-don't get it twisted; I just think that everyone would benefit more from me working...I don't know I just want to feel like I'm good at something again...
*frustrated*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Breeze el Tierno

More
8 years 9 months ago #197261 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Rants far and wide

Athena_Undomiel wrote: I have 75 (yes literally) job applications out right now. I have lots of retail experience, military training as mechanic, I worked the last year in the Army basically as an Assistant to my Lt. and Platoon Sgt. I can type well. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and honestly I love organizing other people's things (just not my own). I have good references and have never been in trouble with the law. Why the hell can't I get a job? So Frustrated!!! I know that it would benefit my family better if I was the one working but I can't find a job...why? I just feel stuck because I don't feel like I'm any good at this Stay at Home Mom thing. Don't get me wrong my son is smart (well advanced for a 2 year old) but I just don't understand it. My husband provides a great life for us-don't get it twisted; I just think that everyone would benefit more from me working...I don't know I just want to feel like I'm good at something again...
*frustrated*

You can do work without having a jobbie... Build a chicken tractor and grow eggs... do the garden thing... grow fruit... can food... make beer... hell there are so many jobs

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi