• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #191894 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide

Kitsu Tails wrote: Allergies!! Why must you always ruin my summers!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear god I feel you on this one. Ive never had allergies before now. Welcome to Texas and its wild flowers and stuff!! I look like I have pink eye :(

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Brenna.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #191898 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Brenna wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: Allergies!! Why must you always ruin my summers!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear god I feel you on this one. Ive never had allergies before now. Welcome to Texas and its wild flowers and stuff!! I look like I have pink eye :(

Feel like I want to claw my eyes out! Worse part is....our flowers hasn't bloomed yet. It's all grass's and leaves....Grass's are my biggest bane and.....I need to mow the lawn today *CriesSobsCries*
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 11 months ago #192041 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Rants far and wide
who is fica and why is he entitled to nearly half my paycheck when he does none of my work?

hey i.r.s. if you're going to financially rape me:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

my paycheck as a part time employee for 1 week was nearly as much as my paycheck for 2 weeks as a full time employee.....gotta love taxes.... :angry:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192103 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
R U having any income tax for Fed or State being witheld? That could be too high?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 11 months ago #192132 by RyuJin

Rickie wrote: R U having any income tax for Fed or State being witheld? That could be too high?

we don't have state tax in florida...

as a state employee, while part time i was only charged medicaid tax, they 1099 part timers for the rest....as a full time employee they take out federal, fica, social security, and medicaid taxes....and as a single male with no children i'm a gold mine in the eyes of the irs.....i'm only allowed to claim 1 allowance (myself)....if i had a couple of little ryujins running around i would get to keep more of my money....the american tax system is all jacked up....if i was making 6 figures i wouldn't care if they took 1/3....but when i'm only making 1k a month before deductions and taxes 1/3 is a big chunk that could be applied elsewhere....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 11 months ago #192133 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
Just....blurgle dee blah blah boo. A general since of crappy everything. So poo.

rugadd

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #192134 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide

RyuJin wrote:

Rickie wrote: R U having any income tax for Fed or State being witheld? That could be too high?

we don't have state tax in florida...

as a state employee, while part time i was only charged medicaid tax, they 1099 part timers for the rest....as a full time employee they take out federal, fica, social security, and medicaid taxes....and as a single male with no children i'm a gold mine in the eyes of the irs.....i'm only allowed to claim 1 allowance (myself)....if i had a couple of little ryujins running around i would get to keep more of my money....the american tax system is all jacked up....if i was making 6 figures i wouldn't care if they took 1/3....but when i'm only making 1k a month before deductions and taxes 1/3 is a big chunk that could be applied elsewhere....

DAMN THE MAN!!

lol - sorry dude

a few years back someone flew a private airplane into an IRS building in texas

a customer where i was working at the time said "i hope everyone gets out and then the building BURNS TO THE GROUND"

the way i looked at it at the time i wasnt sure i cared if everyone got out or not - they did choose to to work there after all; i mean its not like it was a hospital or a day care where you will find a sizable percentage of people who are inherently interested in nurturing the well being of others as a precondition to their occupational preference

its the IRS where they (financially) rape you and say its fair (and worse that you should APPRECIATE it)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, ren

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 11 months ago #192141 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide
AND THEY LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU'RE THE THIEF :sick:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, OB1Shinobi

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 11 months ago #192142 by RyuJin

ren wrote: AND THEY LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU'RE THE THIEF :sick:

i know right.....

Quotes:

More
8 years 11 months ago #192152 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Rants far and wide
B.B. King is dead and I'm not hearing any blues players on the radio to replace him.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi