Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202622 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Men who harass women with sexual advances, gestures, comments; insults, vulgarities, etc should be beaten and publicly shamed.1

1 I say this after having someone make a very grotesque sexual gesture at me while I was walking home from work tonight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #202624 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Rants far and wide
In the prequels, there's a fight between Obi Wan and Vader. It goes on for like 30 minutes and takes them across all sorts of interesting locations. But it's not even close to as good as the fight between Luke and Vader and the end of Jedi. Why? The Revenge of the Sith fight is more technically well choreographed, with more impressive visuals, and has an intense ending. In Jedi, they're just in one room.
But in Jedi, each strike has a purpose. It plays out like a well played fencing match, with a powerful conclusion where Luke almost falls to the dark side. Even when he bests Vader and gets electrocuted, he doesn't yell "stop", he yells "father, please help me". There is far more emotional content; it's more well directed; the interaction with the environment is more well done. There's even a part where Luke hides from Vader, trying to talk him out of fighting. In Sith, it's just a fast paced action sequence where it looks like the two are going through a well choreographed fight. The problem is that it looks choreographed; the attacks don't look as if they're seriously being blocked or going through, and they don't look as if they would hit if they weren't blocked. Because of the CGI, the actors can't respond to their environment. And although the ending is intense, it isn't satisfying.
Why did the prequels have to be so bad?

More
8 years 7 months ago #202799 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
So we are more likely to be relieved when the next 3 come out.

rugadd

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202839 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide
Transwomen who threaten men with violence and public shaming should face fair trial and receive an appropriate sentence.1

1 I say this after reading someone's very grotesque comment while browsing totjo last night.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202887 by

ren wrote: Transwomen who threaten men with violence and public shaming should face fair trial and receive an appropriate sentence.1

1 I say this after reading someone's very grotesque comment while browsing totjo last night.

It would be nice if trans women who don't commit crimes at all could get a fair trial, however I do agree with your statement.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202888 by

ren wrote: Transwomen who threaten men with violence and public shaming should face fair trial and receive an appropriate sentence.1

Quit being a man-child. Nobody threatened you.

EDIT: I think you already know this, even if you're too prideful to admit it. My ranting post wasn't meant as a serious suggestion for how to deal with men who sexually harass women. It was meant as an expression of my anger and hurt that men do this stuff and hardly ever face any consequences for it. I may use violent language to express my feelings, because that's part of how one let's go of it, but I don't actually solve my problems with violence.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202897 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
I miss the days when you and I would communicate more about our feelings, why we're having them (or why we think we're having them), and sharing that information in trust that we can support each other emotionally, in the light of our goals to continue having what we wanted in the first place and moving on with our lives together. I still figure, it can only help more than it can hurt. It makes one feel loved and cared about while the other feels useful and trusted. It's an interdependence needed to make things work both with one's self, and just as importantly with the bond as a whole. If we can make each other forget a little about our separate selves for a time and immerse ourselves in the magic of the bond, the bond may show us what we need to see about ourselves, and why we came together in the first place.

:unsure:

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Proteus.

More
8 years 7 months ago #202899 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Rants far and wide
I hate it that the flat seams are on the outside of my clothes... so much more comfortable wearing them inside out :S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• ren
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #202903 by ren

CryojenX wrote:

It would be nice if trans women who don't commit crimes at all could get a fair trial, however I do agree with your statement.

Correction it'd be nice if everyone got a fair trial. It just takes one unfair instance to make the whole system unfair.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• ren
    Registered
More
8 years 7 months ago #202904 by ren

Jamie Stick wrote: Quit being a man-child. Nobody threatened you.

"Here at TotJO we debate arguments not personalities and ideas instead of people."

But this is the rant thread, so I think I'm just going to rant about people ranting about other people instead of ranting about ideas.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi