Force Powers

More
4 years 4 months ago #346167 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: It seems that those here that have a higher vision and a more robust mindset of potential of the human capacity have been beaten down into submission by the corporeal bullies in the jedi ranks. I wonder if it's time for a revolution in thinking for the Jedi?

Not at all. I've seen bullying before. I think people are being really nice. If this was posted to the Open Forums then people might have a field day on it, but no. If I said I was euphemistically huge some people might believe me but if I said it shot rainbows no one would. And if it actually did for some strange freak reason I would expect to have to prove it and I'd be prepared to do so before making the claim. Wouldn't you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346168 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: It seems that those here that have a higher vision and a more robust mindset of potential of the human capacity have been beaten down into submission by the corporeal bullies in the jedi ranks. I wonder if it's time for a revolution in thinking for the Jedi?

I'm going to try to make this the last time I post in this thread, but verbiage and ideas like this are why you're having a hard time being taken seriously.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346170 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: I wonder if it's time for a revolution in thinking for the Jedi?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but stopping to think about whether your choice of words could be construed as a threat against the temple might not be a bad idea.

On the topic of discussion, meanwhile, I have a background in pagan/"New Age" practices, so I'm open to the idea of The Force being analogous to "Magick".

Magick irl is nothing like Harry Potter, so why should I view The Force any differently?

More
4 years 4 months ago #346171 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Hmm let's talk about revolutions in thinking.

Galileo finds that earth revolves around sun via telescope.

Newton discovers gravity by an apple tree. An experiment even I can do. He established laws we all can use.

Darwin discovers evolution by looking at species, finding commonalities and differences and creating a theory. He wrote a book called "The Origin of Species by Natural Selection.

I think we've had enough anecdotes. Now I think we need evidence. Otherwise there can be no revolution in thinking. There has been no beating down. There has been an understanding that we live on earth and there are certain things which cannot be done without a bit of slight of hand.

There has been talk of Jedi Mind Tricks but nothing about the art of effective communication.

Telekenis, but nothing about focus, calming the mind etc.

We have no need for fictional superpowers when we can learn how to use our mind, body and spirit in order to assist others and ourselves

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Gisteron, OB1Shinobi, Rex, ZealotX,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346172 by

Rosalyn J wrote:
We have no need for fictional superpowers when we can learn how to use our mind, body and spirit in order to assist others and ourselves

Why cant we have both?

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346173 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers
You can have whatever you can achieve. So far, no one who claims to have achieved telekinesis has been able to either prove that they really have or to teach anyone else how to really do it.
Those of us who began our journey believing, as you do, that these things are possible came to understand that they probably are not.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346174 by
You can have both let's start from day One.
1) Watch and learn why you can tie a small rope around the elephant's foot and he won't go anywhere.
2) day two study as much as you can on the placebo effect and watch the thousands of scientific experiments . start to open your mind of what is real.

Very small lesson not everything is as it seems.

Wake up wake up wake up.
I'm only asking you to not be so close minded you can't learn.
And don't be so open minded your brain falls out.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346176 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Happy to have both when you all provide actual evidence of telekenesis, mind tricks, etc.

As for my part:
Akido in Everyday Life
The Art of Communicating
I and Thou
How to Win Friends and Influence People

Have been some helpful books on the art of Communication and Functioning in Society

The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
Freedom From the Known
Man's Search for Meaning

Have been really helpful in helping me discover purpose and meaning

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Carlos.Martinez3,

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346177 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers

forceuser wrote: You can have both let's start from day One.
1) Watch and learn why you can tie a small rope around the elephant's foot and he won't go anywhere.
2) day two study as much as you can on the placebo effect and watch the thousands of scientific experiments . start to open your mind of what is real.

Very small lesson not everything is as it seems.

Wake up wake up wake up.
I'm only asking you to not be so close minded you can't learn.
And don't be so open minded your brain falls out.

Well there ya go, Fyxe; i think youve found your jedi master.

Heres whats going to happen: he will tell you stuff and you will do stuff. You will never be able to move objects witj your mind. He will tell you to keep practicing. You still wont move objects with your mind. Eventually he will tell you that not everyone can do it.

Please dont ever give him money for his lessons.

EDIT:
On second thought, go ahead and pay him. If he can teach you to be a wizard then he deserves the money and if he suckers you even after we all tried to tell you then hey, thats a valuable life-lesson, right there.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346183 by
The elephant is held there by telepathy not telekinesis though right?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi