Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346045 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
I dont agree at all though. I think he is biased. I asked for a different person and that's what I would like. I have read many journals and I don't think mine is lacking. No idea what hes talking about except to give me a hard time yet again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346047 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Force Powers

I dont agree at all though. I think he is biased. I asked for a different person and that's what I would like. I have read many journals and I don't think mine is lacking. No idea what hes talking about except to give me a hard time yet again.

Oh, sweet summer child.

This is a Church, it is a volunteer organisation, it has limited membership, and even more limited people willing to contribute time and energy into maintaining it, and, I guess you may not realise, it is also the internet.

I shouldn't be rude, so I've removed what I first typed....

I guess a better way to put it would be "You don't have to be here, if you don't like the way the people who run the place carry out their business, you can start your own Jedi church, you can be the Grand High Poobah if you like"

You've established yourself, in this thread and others, as an expert on what you see as the Force in this world. We here are never going to match your expectations, do yourself (and everyone who could benefit from your infinite wisdom) a favour and start an enterprise that teaches the one true Force.....

(In case you get your keyboard in a knot - I'm James, I speak for James, not for TotJO, and I invite you to engage me directly if you take some issue with my commentary, if you think it will do you any good)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago #346048 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: For the most part they are there to help and guide although sometimes they can have bad days I guess.

Every time you say something ill-informed, I think that's the last of it. Every time, I'm surprised.

Please, if you insist on following tales of power down a road to ruin, at least pretend to care about your safety while doing so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

More
4 years 4 months ago #346054 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: I dont agree at all though. I think he is biased. I asked for a different person and that's what I would like. I have read many journals and I don't think mine is lacking. No idea what hes talking about except to give me a hard time yet again.

Brother, you are giving yourself a harder time than any of the rest here could ever hope to. You are not entitled to special privileges, the Temple is not going to be re-structuring or re-staffing just on your behalf. Look at your own history of dismissing or ignoring anything that doesn't quite please your tender taste enough and then yelling victory at the slightest instance of confirmation. Speak of the pot calling the kettle black...

You are not the king, and you are not unbiased, nor infallible, and you must have been damn lucky to have walked through life so unimpeded for so long that rather than the world itself some stranger on the internet gets to be the one to break this to you...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi, Rex, Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346060 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: I dont agree at all though. I think he is biased. I asked for a different person and that's what I would like. I have read many journals and I don't think mine is lacking. No idea what hes talking about except to give me a hard time yet again.

He is probably less biased towards your journal than you are toward his feedback

Fyxe wrote: I dont think you need anymore caution than in real life. For the most part they are there to help and guide although sometimes they can have bad days I guess.

Honestly, this isnt even a safe way to think about real people in real life, lol.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346066 by
I was told quite clearly that there was an IP "TEAM" and that I had a choice of people I could work with. In fact I got contacted by another that said he would work with me, so I'm not seeing any issue with requesting another. It seems you guys are the ones not I formed about you very church!

Besides that what is wrong with my lessons? I followed the directions and I did what was required. I'm not asking for anything that I have been told is outside the rules so no special priveldges.

Also what is not being safe mean? How am I not safe? You guys criticize a lot but never provide construction on that. Just tell me I'm unsafe but not why or how to fix it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346069 by
I'm really not trying to be difficult here. And maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but you alls teaching mentality and manner is very offputting. Knights are teachers right? Not apprentices? So why arent knights teaching?

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346070 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
"Besides that what is wrong with my lessons? I followed the directions and I did what was required. I'm not asking for anything that I have been told is outside the rules so no special priveldges."

That would be a Rex question, wouldn't it? Since he made the observation? He said he would speak to you.

You can ask to work with another person, but the observation doesn't go away. I think it would be better to speak with Rex about how you can improve your entries. If you hear him out and you don't agree, then indicate as much in your conversation with him with evidence of course.

If I can just add. Typically when people (in my life) have asked for more it is because I have more to give. I may kick against the goads, but that doesn't make them wrong

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #346073 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: I'm really not trying to be difficult here. And maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but you alls teaching mentality and manner is very offputting. Knights are teachers right? Not apprentices? So why arent knights teaching?

Knights are teaching. In fact, I think the Knights have been patiently attempting to teach you. And a great many members have gathered with you on your journey, replying to posts and offering their ideas, sugeestions, critiques.

It seems to me, however, that you have in mind that only someone of a particular standing has anything to teach you. But, this is a place of learning. To my mind that means everyone regardless of rank can teach us something.

There is a story about an empty cup. The truth is, we all need a bit of emptying before we can fill up. If we have a full cup, no matter how patiently someone works, how politely someone speaks, the effort will ultimately be wasted and the tea on the floor

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi, Rex,

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346076 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: I'm really not trying to be difficult here. And maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but you alls teaching mentality and manner is very offputting. Knights are teachers right? Not apprentices? So why arent knights teaching?

You will only ever understand the world as you're prepared to view it. Right now, you're locked into a mindset that isn't conducive to learning, and we're trying our best to help coax you out of that shell.

Until you're willing to open your mind and entertain possibilities you may not initially agree with, you won't actually learn much in these virtual halls. To quote a green sockpuppet, you must unlearn what you have learned. And to paraphrase a scholar, the longer you're convinced that you know something, the less you will actually know.

You need to set aside your expectations and just experience your time here. Until you're willing to release those expectations, they will be disappointed. When you come to a place of learning without expectation, you will enter a place of wisdom.

After saying all that, if you still feel slighted, understand that this Temple isn't for everyone. We try to make it as welcoming as we can, but we aren't everyone's cup of tea. I've been here for a long time, and this is the first time I can remember saying these words: if you don't like the way we teach, maybe you should find another place to learn.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by steamboat28. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi