Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #346237 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers

JamesSand wrote:

Plus, someone mentioned christain Jedi. I didnt know what htat was and had to find out. well there is an entire section here just for CHRISTIAN JEDI!. so why do the christians get their own section and all their magical stuff just gets accepted as true but when it comes to smething like this I get told its not true and laughte at? what is the difference here?

I was going to answer that with what I believe the answer is, but I've a feeling that won't really help, so how about you answer the question?

Take a moment to think about why there might be a christian jedi section. Don't think too hard, I'm not looking for a specific correct answer, so don't stress - just take a moment to think about it, and give me your thoughts :)

(The trick is to think of reasons that benefit someone else, not reasons that play into your own motives)

Because the people in charge are all actually christians and not Jedi or at least they are both? So their magic gets to stand without challenge.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #346238 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: Gisteron, what it shows is that there are real people out there doing real experiments and finding real conclusions about the mind body interactions. He has had good results with this work and is furthering our understanding of something others just say is not real without ever having tested anything! why do you just dismiss this stuff?

I didn't. Read again.

Its valuable research into areas and anytime someone comes up with new ideas like this they always get laughed at until suddenly someone can make money doing it and then all of a sudden its great sceince and a breakthrough in amazing things! This is evidence, you asked for evidence, this may be preliminary but it is evidence and that cant be denied by you! So you were wrong.

What was I wrong about? What am I denying? And, to reiterate my question - seeing as you clearly didn't read it and just presumed I was being dismissive or denying - what claim did you or others make here that is supported by this evidence? Is this evidence of telekinesis? Or telepathy? Maybe astral projection? Talking to spirits/"higher beings"? What exactly was said or shown in the video, or better yet in the studies it references, setting aside their merits for the time being, that actually supports any of the nonsense you believe?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Gisteron.

More
4 years 5 months ago #346239 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Force Powers

Because the people in charge are all actually christians and not Jedi or at least they are both? So their magic gets to stand without challenge.

:) It's as good an answer as any, I suppose.

There could be others, but if that's what you've assessed then that's what you've assessed.

So, let say you're spot on - if the people in charge are christians, and by extension are going to silence any other magic stories, what do you hope to gain by challenging them on their turf?

It would seem obvious now that this whole Jediism thing is a front to trick people into joining the christian church, maybe even to stop people from learning magic that the christian church knows exists and is afraid of!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
4 years 5 months ago #346241 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote:

ZealotX wrote:
sorry, not watching a 40 minute rehash of quantum physics.

Hmm, so I present the evidence asked for and you just refuse to even watch it? Very telling it seems...

Not at all. The thing is Quantum Physics/Mechanics isn't new to me. So if someone passes you a new book about addition, and you already know enough about addition to know that 2+2=4, its really a waste of time to invest 40min if someone is using a new book to tell you 2+2=5. Evidence would be a video of someone actually performing said magical feat. At this point, we're just using ideas from Quantum Physics, as if not knowing the boundaries of it somehow means that anything is now possible. That's not what quantum physics actually ever said and I know enough now to know that.

And there have been plenty of... someone called them quacks and that seems good enough... plenty of people who have tried to advance their names and reputations by treating Quantum Physics as if it proves that our reality is fundamentally magic. I actually liked the faux documentary "what the bleep do we know" which you can find on youtube. However, there's a difference between the actual study of Quantum Physics and the parade of "experts" making claims about it when truthfully, all they do is look up information each other puts out. And then they'll record someone like Michio Kaku answering specific questions that they can use, out of context, to advance their own ideas.

Here's a good example:
https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/michio-kaku-believes-in-god-if-not-that-god

So take all the people buzzing about Quantum Mechanics and put their curiosity on the shelf. Science is not about accepting things at first glance. If something seems like magic it's probably not. The issue with Quantum Physics is size and scale. People think their experiments are controlled, but are they controlled on a QUANTUM scale? Quantum computers have to use extremely cold temperatures in order to prevent interference from affecting the computer's calculations. That tells me that interference has to be accounted for as it determines the behavior of these particles. This article shows how the original idea of probabilities with Quantum Physics may be wrong as other physicists are starting to disagree.

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/the-new-quantum-reality/
(note the date: 2014)

So what we know 20 years is going to be different. We'll have a more complete picture. But it's safer to say that the more we understand it the less magical its going to sound and the people looking for magic will become suddenly disinterested in quantum physics and they'll look for something else to try and prove magic exists. I don't want anyone to feel attacked. I just want us to be intellectually honest in our conversations. And that means if someone wants to believe something that is within the realm and context of belief or imaginary things, then I have no objections. But we can't entertain an intellectually dishonest conversation in which we are having a one-sided argument that encourages science to be used and manipulated into saying something it absolutely isn't saying. At that point we lose our credibility as a group and I would very much not like that.

"I believe I can fly" = okay (irrational)
"I can fly on an airplane" = okay (rational)
"I can fly and so can you" = you should expect someone to disagree (irrational posing as rational)

More
4 years 5 months ago #346243 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers
Ugh, don't even get me started on Bohmian mechanics...

Anyway, though, Zealot, I think you're being slightly unfair. This is not a Deepak clone. Radin actually conducted experiments (a few, anyway), and got (some of) them published in peer-reviewed journals (with very small impact factors), too. He is not woo-ing us about quantum physics in general. I'm not saying that his methodology is air tight, and neither are his independent analyzers, but it's refreshingly not the sort of total "quantum is magic" nonsense you'd usually find in discussions like this.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 5 months ago #346245 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Force Powers

Gisteron wrote: Ugh, don't even get me started on Bohmian mechanics...

Anyway, though, Zealot, I think you're being slightly unfair. This is not a Deepak clone. Radin actually conducted experiments (a few, anyway), and got (some of) them published in peer-reviewed journals (with very small impact factors), too. He is not woo-ing us about quantum physics in general. I'm not saying that his methodology is air tight, and neither are his independent analyzers, but it's refreshingly not the sort of total "quantum is magic" nonsense you'd usually find in discussions like this.

I feel you. But like I said, I have no need to watch it relative to this thread because it is being used (here) to advance the 'woo'. It's kind of like how I mentioned how Michio Kaku is sometimes used to advance people's beliefs. If Radin is not lending credence to "force powers" then is he in this video at least revealing something I don't already know about quantum physics? If so, I'll watch.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346246 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers

Dakini wrote: Thank you for giving me perspective on this! Moderation IS a superpower that is hard to learn OR appreciate...
My Jedi name is Sanskrit. I honor their glorious culture in this way; I have learned so much on wellbeing from them!
By the way, my Jedi name, translated exactly, means:
Padme (also taken from the Star Wars Prequel Saga) means 'lotus'
Aanandha means 'love'
Dakini means 'sky walker', literally!

I know this is off topic, but I am pleased to cross paths with someone else here who has been influenced by the traditions of India. Without being aware of it at first, I was similarly influenced in my first spiritual stirrings as an adult. :-)

More
4 years 5 months ago #346247 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers

JamesSand wrote:

Plus, someone mentioned christain Jedi. I didnt know what htat was and had to find out. well there is an entire section here just for CHRISTIAN JEDI!. so why do the christians get their own section and all their magical stuff just gets accepted as true but when it comes to smething like this I get told its not true and laughte at? what is the difference here?

I was going to answer that with what I believe the answer is, but I've a feeling that won't really help, so how about you answer the question?

Take a moment to think about why there might be a christian jedi section. Don't think too hard, I'm not looking for a specific correct answer, so don't stress - just take a moment to think about it, and give me your thoughts :)

(The trick is to think of reasons that benefit someone else, not reasons that play into your own motives)?

Here is your section:
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Metaphysics

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 5 months ago #346248 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
No one is laughing at you.

As a Christian Jedi, I can say that THAT is also not something we teach here (Christian Jediism) it's not about true/false. We are having a respectful conversation. It may be possible that laughter is being inferred

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #346249 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Force Powers
In the same way, back in the 90s I used to go by the name Vajhra online.... though I added a h to vajra not to be so bold as to call myself "invincible lightning" :side: Down side turned out to be folk shortened it to 'vaj' :silly:

In Re Christian Jedi, iviewit as different parts of the forum are meant to accommodate different topics... so how something is discussed depends on the context (ie location) it is discussed. For some reason this is in health and physical.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi