Stuff n Things, Or how to get excommunicated and not even know why, lol!

More
5 years 7 months ago #326363 by Zenchi

Reliah wrote:
Edit:
You keep using the year 2012 for the things Zenchi is being accused of. It goes back that far. Documentation of things, yes?
Yet he was knighted last year and the council has to agree on knighting.
So anything that happened before his knighting shouldn’t even be relevant as cause against him.

Add the fact most of everything on the list is either fabricated or blown clear out of context, and there's absolutely no fact checking to validate or verify, just more hearsay. Whatever is on hand to add to the proverbial fire...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326365 by Carlos.Martinez3
Feel free to use the appeal process - contact any council member and they can contact us all.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 7 months ago #326370 by Rex
Clarifying question: if a member is banned from the temple, how are they supposed to appeal their ban? What does a ban entail?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #326373 by Carlos.Martinez3
Email brother !
Access to the temple is the results of a ban. You can’t log in to the Temple.
Edit
Excommunication is expelling a member but it does not block their account or access as a Guest

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326386 by Kohadre
I thought the witch hunts ended in Salem.

Why are we still doing this here? Is there really nothing of greater importance for this community to accomplish right now?

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #326394 by
Kohadre: Nope. It would seem that someone felt slighted, so they felt the need to dig up old records of him to try to snuff him out.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326400 by Tellahane

Reliah wrote: So you’re banning people now for things unbecoming of a Jedi? Banning... not just withholding knighthood or anything like that?

No one is banned, please use appropriate verbiage

Reliah wrote: That’s so interesting....

Yes this has been!

Reliah wrote: And the fact that Ren - a member who refuses to take the oath (so isn’t technically a Totjo Jedi at all) and isn’t even a member of the council but because he has something huge hanging over Totjo’s head, has access to things other members do not - sent this message. That’s also interesting.

When a “member of the council” was reading private messages and using that information in public forums, nothing was done.

Last I checked ren is actually a member of council he was brought in the same time I was officially. For a time I had access to everything ren had access to as well. Did we read scan through pm's from time to time, absolutely. Or at least I did, but it wasn't because I was out to try and find things against people I disliked, it was because you have to watch for people who are doing things beyond a line of inappropriate activity for any community. For example, people on this site approaching minor's, which I can't be specific about but HAS happened, and it happened once while I was in position, it would never had been known about without looking for those key pm's. It's a duty for those in site administration to protect that group of minor's to the best of their ability. No one at the temple was beyond that protection.

You can talk to any serious server administrators or others in similar roles and its an unspoken oath so to speak to maintain privacy and integrity on servers but just like in EMS or other groups and organizations there are mandated reporting for certain things and they should not be blindly looked over or ignored.

Reliah wrote: When almost-Knights were causing extreme emotional stress to others with council member knowledge, their Knightings still happened.

that I can't and won't defend I'm of the same view point, but then again I've expressed many times the failure that is the knighting and ranking system here so I don't feel I need to re-iterate.

Reliah wrote: There have been far, far worse things happen here than any of the things Zenchi is being accused of with no repercussions what so ever. So.... why now? Why Zenchi? And why his apprentice?
Don’t bother actually responding to those questions - I already know what the answers are.

Gotta start somewhere, I imagine the response would be the same for any of the situations that need(s/ed) to be dealt with.

Reliah wrote: Citizens of Totjo, I will echo the words Zenchi is being accused of - do not invest too emotionally in Totjo. There is a lot you do not know and never will know because of things being swept under the rug, ignored, deleted, locked...

I’ll also remind you that Totjo is not the end all be all for Jedi, Knighthood, and standards. A knighting here would be meaningless elsewhere - and elsewhere, here. True Knighthood is a very personal thing that no one can give you or take away. There are many, many other sites out there and there is far more to bring a Jedi than online activity.

I would say in response to this if your goal here is knighthood and that it means more to you then anything else then you haven't a clue what it actually means to be Jedi, and you need to re-evaluate! But it is true, knighthood here is irrelevant elsewhere, but also visa versa. It's probably true there are a lot of other things people don't know but there is actually valid reasons for it, and those reason's are in and of them selves not public knowledge and are for good reason. This is me as a guest saying that. Just because you don't have that perspective, doesn't mean that perspective is any less valid. An Important piece of understanding knowledge every Jedi should know.

Reliah wrote: There are so many good Jedi here - people who I admire and respect. From guest to councillor. The ones who stay and fight and are stronger than I’ve ever been...

Regardless of what anyone has told you, not everyone who wants to and claims to be a Jedi actually is...

This is ridiculous. For so many reasons...

I will say this, to the comment about "those who stay and fight are stronger than..."

Those who stay and fight, clearly don't understand their path either, because while this is a nice road stop along the way, it's far from where you need to be. I was apart of a lovely discussion not to long ago where the small group I was talking with all kind of came to the same agreement, if you haven't left a temple or a group or a knighthood of some kind and spent some time applying your beliefs and lessons to yourself without all the noise that can come from a community, social media, and everything else you may not actually ever find your true path, or even yourself. I highlighted the Bold for that same reason.

Reliah wrote: Edit:
You keep using the year 2012 for the things Zenchi is being accused of. It goes back that far. Documentation of things, yes?
Yet he was knighted last year and the council has to agree on knighting.
So anything that happened before his knighting shouldn’t even be relevant as cause against him.

not all of the council agreed on the knighting, it only had to be a minimum number of people to vote, and the council today was not the same council at the time he was knighted. Significantly more progress has been made I think in the latest council then has ever been in previous years at improvements and accountability, and now that its starting to show fruition after a few years of people demanding for it, now they are getting upset lol.

Servants of the people....never ceases to amaze me. I think probably the most common point made from those in that position is how can you serve people that do not actually know what they want?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 7 months ago #326408 by ren
... reliah i cannot believe what i'm hearing. I am a full member, did take the oath a number of years ago and havent changed my mind... unlike you I might add. What utter garbage.

This is not an annoucement thread. Zenchi was privately contacted mainly to ensure his apprentices would not end up lost in the system, and leave satisfied he had not left things unfinished.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #326409 by
I thought it was obvious Ren was a member. Wouldn't he have to be one to be a Councillor?

Personally I think this thing has gotten way out of hand and no one seems to have a real solution. Is there a way we can forget about it and learn from our mistakes? There are too many "He said, she said" moments.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326411 by Br. John
The Articles of Incorporation / Charter / Constitution of The Order say that a person does not need to be a member to be an officer or be on the board of directors. So far all board members have also been members of The Order.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi