Consistancy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322850 by
Replied by on topic Consistancy
After the six month ban it resets? So someone could play nice to be let back in and go back to their old ways and start at the bottom of the ladder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #322851 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Consistancy

Arisaig wrote: After the six month ban it resets? So someone could play nice to be let back in and go back to their old ways and start at the bottom of the ladder?

Could you please clarify who and what this is directed to? :)

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322853 by

Nakis wrote:

Arisaig wrote: After the six month ban it resets? So someone could play nice to be let back in and go back to their old ways and start at the bottom of the ladder?

Could you please clarify who and what this is directed to? :)

The original post.

More
5 years 10 months ago #322854 by Nakis
I personally would imagine anything beyond that is up for a serious sit down to figure out what to do about the situation.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322855 by

Nakis wrote: I personally would imagine anything beyond that is up for a serious sit down to figure out what to do about the situation.

Yet it states that it resets.

More
5 years 10 months ago #322856 by Nakis
Ah, I read the chunk of text, not the text under it. Apologies.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 10 months ago #322860 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Consistancy

Arisaig wrote:

Nakis wrote: I personally would imagine anything beyond that is up for a serious sit down to figure out what to do about the situation.

The time it takes to work up to the 6-month ban comes with a lot of space for intervention and reflection. That includes the time to have those challenging conversations, the time you spend developing the action plans, the actual time the person is has been banned, and the times of peace after the ban has been lifted.

Maybe the reset is to provide warning and guidance while they acclimate to the transient Temple culture? I think a few slap on the hands are appropriate as the person readjusts, but if the problems continue to persist after all that provided space, then we seriously need to look at the individual's intent and weigh that against our duty to protect and serve our members and guests.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322864 by

thomaswfaulkner wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

The time it takes to work up to the 6-month ban comes with a lot of space for intervention and reflection. That includes the time to have those challenging conversations, the time you spend developing the action plans, the actual time the person is has been banned, and the times of peace after the ban has been lifted.

Maybe the reset is to provide warning and guidance while they acclimate to the transient Temple culture? I think a few slap on the hands are appropriate as the person readjusts, but if the problems continue to persist after all that provided space, then we seriously need to look at the individual's intent and weigh that against our duty to protect and serve our members and guests.

Perhaps that's the point, but it seems ripe for abusing. Faking until they make it reset, then reverting to the original problem.

More
5 years 10 months ago #322867 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy

Rosalyn J wrote: No it was not because I didn't like the thread. It was because a member brought it forward to my attention that it was against the guidelines in behavior unbecoming.

A civil conversation with a high level of community interest vs some arbitrary guideline that was made in a vacuum of hypotheticals. Maybe update the guideline?

This is the problem. Every. Single. Time.

Unfortunately, yes. Every single time you use your authority to shut something down or silence someone or to take away someone elses options it is going to bother people. Even when its justified. This really wasnt justified so it bothers people more.

I don't have a problem with the thread or the conversation. When the thread was brought up in Council I was the one to ask to let it run.

Well, thank you for that. Yet, here we are.

Now I take too long. Now I'm not listening. Now this. Now that. I gave the reason. If someone wants to unlock it fine. As I say, I don't have a problem.

Except that 1) it was you who locked it and 2) now if someone else unlocks it it looks like theyre taking a side against you. I dont really care who unlocks it. The discussion wasnt finished.

Every time we make a decision its not fair. Sorry. Its not going to be perfect .

No one here is asking for perfection, only to be allowed to have a conversation. Is this the reply you gave to the people who wanted Kyrin banned? Did you tell them "TOTJO's not going to be perfect"?

People are complicated.

More
5 years 10 months ago #322868 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy

Rosalyn J wrote: No it was not because I didn't like the thread. It was because a member brought it forward to my attention that it was against the guidelines in behavior unbecoming.

A civil conversation with a high level of community interest vs some arbitrary guideline that was made in a vacuum of hypotheticals. Maybe update the guideline?

This is the problem. Every. Single. Time.

Unfortunately, yes. Every single time you use your authority to shut something down or silence someone or to take away someone elses options it is going to bother people. Even when its justified. This really wasnt justified so it bothers people more.

I don't have a problem with the thread or the conversation. When the thread was brought up in Council I was the one to ask to let it run.

Well, thank you for that. Yet, here we are.

Now I take too long. Now I'm not listening. Now this. Now that. I gave the reason. If someone wants to unlock it fine. As I say, I don't have a problem.

Except that 1) it was you who locked it and 2) now if someone else unlocks it it looks like theyre taking a side against you. I dont really care who unlocks it. The discussion wasnt finished.

Every time we make a decision its not fair. Sorry. Its not going to be perfect .

No one here is asking for perfection, only to be allowed to have a conversation. Is this the reply you gave to the people who wanted Kyrin banned? Did you tell them "TOTJO's not going to be perfect"?

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi