Consistancy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322831 by
Replied by on topic Consistancy
I respectfully and politely ask you to open Obi's thread again , we are not done yet....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322832 by
Locking aside, lets not loose the plot of this thread - I like where this is going: councillor is asking us as membership for ideas on managing rule infractions.

Your suggestion seems sound Ros, but I agree with Tris here saying there is an issue with timing.

Another aspect is single-sided approaches - someone may get a warning here for saying "Council are terrible they lock all our threads" ... That'd be single sided. But the simultaneous open discussion started about when and how we, as a community, think that thread locking should be used would be fairer.

More
5 years 9 months ago #322836 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Consistancy
Remember that one time when people were jedi...

More
5 years 9 months ago #322837 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Consistancy

Tellahane wrote: Remember that one time when people were jedi...

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

More
5 years 9 months ago #322838 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Consistancy
Aww John Williams missed his cue...start over.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 9 months ago #322839 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy

Twigga wrote: Locking aside, lets not loose the plot of this thread

Its almost like youre suggesting people should be allowed to have the discussions which interest them without others interfering. Very interesting. Imagine if we applied that basic principle to the whole forum and not just this one topic.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 9 months ago #322840 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Consistancy
No it was not because I didn't like the thread. It was because a member brought it forward to my attention that it was against the guidelines in behavior unbecoming.

This is the problem. Every. Single. Time.

I don't have a problem with the thread or the conversation. When the thread was brought up in Council I was the one to ask to let it run.

Now I take too long. Now I'm not listening. Now this. Now that. I gave the reason. If someone wants to unlock it fine. As I say, I don't have a problem.

Every time we make a decision its not fair. Sorry. Its not going to be perfect.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322841 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Consistancy
My biggest advice is when punishing someone is to have their name, reason for punishment, punishment, clearly defined start date and end date, additional information about what and can not be done in the punishment, and the proper method of appeals. This should be posted publicly so everyone is aware and probably in the same place. If it's an issue in regards to confidential information, that information would naturally be sealed. The important thing is ensuring people know who, what, when, where, and why. This prevents accusations of strong arming or retaliation by higher ups against others.

I'm going to post the Code of Conduct for Amtgard

Warning: Spoiler!

This allows the leaders of a group to say "Bob is suspended from 6/1/2018 to 9/1/2018 for violation of code 3" without going into too many details.

This is an example of a notice of action that is posted in a public location for Amtgard, the rules for how you appeal is usually sent via PM with the rest of the message:

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, thomaswfaulkner

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322847 by
I like the idea of looking to other organisations for how they handle these issues Nakis, and I also think it solves many problems that can come from having to hunt down a mod to ask for details on what happened with one of your temple buddies. It prevents mods having to reply the same to 30 different enquirers. I approve; but I don't personally believe in retributive (punishment based) justice - I'm a restorative/rehabilitation girl...

Obi, I'm not sure I 100% understood your response; but there was an opportunity in the second paragraph of my response for someone to start this thread . Under the current decisions/guidelines for when we, as a community, can lock threads, your thread fell into that category. Maybe those guidelines aren't the ones we want to be using any more.

I liked your thread. I think lots of people can appreciate your thread. It brought up lots of different ideas about inconsistencies and how we interact in the temple. I think a lot of different threads could be started out of it to clear up inconsistencies, and they will be further reaching, as they won't just be about one incidence focusing on one individual.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322849 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Consistancy
I wrote specifically about punishment to address community concerns about awareness, time frames, transparency, and appeals. In the spoiler below is my stance on rehabilitation/punishment :laugh:

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi