Consistancy

More
5 years 9 months ago #322816 by Rosalyn J
Consistancy was created by Rosalyn J
I'd like to add something to the Behavior Unbecoming concerning consequences for breaking those and the rest of our guidelines. I'd like your input

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #322817 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Consistancy
Such as ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 9 months ago #322819 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Consistancy
Suggestion
First infraction, written warning
Second infraction, written warning and a dialogue with either a Knight or Clergy
Third infraction, written warning and a thread is set up with a Screenshot in the admin/mod forum. Further discussion with Knight/Clergy to be added to said thread
Fourth infraction three day suspension with a written agreement for how to address behavior
Fifth infraction is one week suspension with a plan to address behavior upon return. Dialogue with Knight/Clergy
Sixth infraction one month suspension with a plan to address behavior. Dialogue with Knight/Clergy
Any further infraction would result in 6 month ban and a required plan. Further dialogue required.

The most important thing I think is that in six months the person can start over at the beginning of the consequence ladder

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322821 by
Replied by on topic Consistancy
Consequences is definitely something this temple lacks. Both on public forum and in Private abuse (PM Bullying). But also in timing. It tends to be allowed to drag out and drag out and drag out.....until someone finally gets fed up enough to take more drastic measures then what would have been more accommodating and LESS drastic if handled earlier on.

If I were to suggest anything It would be a point system to help mitigate proper timing that both the administration AND The membership knows.

I realize that is vauge and not a solid idea, I don't know enough about the admin end to make it solid. But from my own personal experience in the abuse this temple is capable of dishing out....That is what came to my mind. A.....three strikes your out kind of thing?

I am willing to bat around the idea mouse if folks wish to expand on this. :)

More
5 years 9 months ago #322823 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Consistancy
I think that sounds like a good idea Rosa. It's clear and concise and pretty darn straight forward too :).

As a side note, in you're final post in the other thread, you mentioned pronoun usage. I appreciate this may just fall under basic respect, but is there maybe a better way of policing it? I think that sort of thing is a perfect example of Trisskar's comment about things dragging on and on forever

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322825 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy
So "the community" isnt allowed to discuss the way that the rules are enforced?
The way you lock threads all the time is incredibly irritating but i havent said anything because they werent my topics. Ive been waiting for you to lock this because i had the feeeling it was just a matter of time. If you want to lock your own threads so that no one can reply to what you say then fine but i dont need you to decide for me what is appropriate for me to talk about. I want you to unlock my thread and id like you to stop being so damn presumptuous and controlling about other peoples conversations. Or at least just mine; if others need you to think for them then thats their business.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Amaya

More
5 years 9 months ago #322827 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Consistency
“I'd like to add something to the Behavior Unbecoming concerning consequences for breaking those and the rest of our guidelines. I'd like your input”

So "the community" isnt allowed to discuss the way that the rules are enforced?

This is the reason for this thread I believe.

I’m not a fan of locking threads myself. I’ve locked threads only due to the fact that it was informative and not discussion-al- if that’s even a real word. Lol
Maybe—- have a guideline posted for the reasons a thread can be locked and by who? Accountability thing n such ? A copy of what’s moderated is in council but can we do one maybe for general population to view not comemt - just see- maybe ? Accountability and transparency maybe - just suggestions - a avenue to ask to unlock the thread by OP request? any how -
I like the three strikes idea.
A point value sounds like a good start . At some points value agreed on - have some one evaluated- maybe ?

Part of the hardest thing is to catch - clear catch -individuals doing - things - deemed not healthy for the Temple. In our freedoms we have here - speech and ideas are all welcomed - which means even the negative ones. Light and dark are welcomed as well as opposing opinions. It’s when the basic rules and basic respects are lost that we find it difficult to - not controll but - allow others to enjoy and share with others what we do here. This place is not like any one I’ve ever encountered. So ... a point system maybe? Not three strikes but a agreed value ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322828 by
Replied by on topic Consistency
I do have to agree to disagree to the Thread locking (I just read the thread in question) When I brought up that the member in question wasn't here to defend herself in the thread....that was not a call to lock it. Taking a raging bear and putting it in a cage isn't going to solve the problem and it simply increases the rage. In this case....made more people angry then happy.

whats done is done. People should grow up and realize the thread in question isn't a "Bash member x opportunity" and simply a chance to learn and improve on each other. Locking it dosn't solve that

warning people to discuss future improvements on said situation instead of bashing the member themselves is a much better approach. And if said warning is not headed, points and action to specific members should be applied. Perhaps it is a temporary ban from the thread, or the sub forum its posted in.

Or another idea would be a time out sub forum. Just Jedi used to have one....whenever a thread got to hot and disruptive it would be moved to a time out sub forum where certain membership levels are allowed. (Member or Apprentice Up or similar)

Again....just idea mouse batting :) take it or leave it. Just my thoughts

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322829 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy
I like all of those ideas carlos except i suspect that will just result in creating an official justification for Rosalyn (or whoever) to lock whatever they want because they dont like the conversation. Like stop-and-frisk: new york has an officially sanction rationale for doing something lousy. Making it official only creates and even more difficult barrier to redress.

So here is my official request through the official channel: please unlock the thread. It was a civil conversation and it CLEARLY matters to people or else there wouldnt be 12 pages. There was no good reason to lock it. As i said before, ive heen expecting Rosalyn specifically to come along and close the topic and im confident that she has been wanting to since it began. She found a pretext to impose her restrictive standards and jumped on it.

Id also like to ask Rosalyn to just generally stay away from me. Youre a nice and intelligent person and i respect you as an individual but your ideas about what is appropriate to talk about are just childish to me. Is TOTJO a day care center or what? We are not seven-year-olds and we dont need a nanny to protect us from ideas. I dont, anyway.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322830 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Consistancy
I don't often agree with Obi, but he has a valid point.. .

How ironic you start a thread on "consistency" immediately after locking a thread for little more reason than you were tired of the conversation, in all due politeness, that's a little hypocritical...

If "pronouns" are the problem, make it clear (because you and the council have not publicly done so) that certain individuals want to be addressed by certain pronouns. Problem solved...

It's not rocket science, and most certainly not deserving of having a thread locked without due warning or provocation, imo...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Zenchi. Reason: I'm a Moody lil cuss...
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi