Consistancy

More
5 years 10 months ago #323193 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Consistancy
Would you unlock my thread now please Rosalyn?

People are complicated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323194 by
Replied by on topic Consistancy

OB1Shinobi wrote: Would you unlock my thread now please Rosalyn?

What more can be added to that thread? It's been talked to death.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323197 by OB1Shinobi
If its been talked to death then what would you care? All youd have to do is not participate. Actually thats all you have to do anyway.

Im also not asking you and am not sure why youve replied at all. Since you want to insert yourself into the question, are you "officially" asking Rosalyn to NOT re-open the topic on the grounds that everything worth saying has already been said?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323200 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: If its been talked to death then what would you care? All youd have to do is not participate. Actually thats all you have to do anyway.

Im also not asking you and am not sure why youve replied at all. Since you want to insert yourself into the question, are you "officially" asking Rosalyn to NOT re-open the topic on the grounds that everything worth saying has already been said?

I guess I am. You got the answer to your question in that thread, any further decisions will most likely be made known. Anything further in that thread would be redundant and just bickering.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323202 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Consistancy

One idea I didn't see discussed here yet is severity. It's all well and good to list infractions and an associated penalty but not all infractions are created equal. For an example from my offline world: if I detect a speeding driver there is an offence for that, but exceeding the speed limit by 10 is vastly different than exceeding it by 25 or 45 and the penalties reflect that. There may be issues of subjectivity introduced with a sliding scale of penalties, but overall I think it promotes a 'fairer' system.

Good example for an "infraction"

exceeding a made up speed limit is about as accurate as hurting made up feelings.

And, interestingly, probably a very similiar government approach to what TotJO has.

We have a whole host of real issues we can't deal with, so we'll introduce and heavily police something irrelevent and on the symptom side, rather than addressing true causes (in TotJO's case, Forum Butthurt, in our beloved country's case, Speed Limits)

It's a hell of a lot easier than, say, teaching safe driving techniques (no, "going slow" is not the same as good technique) or emotional intelligence and management skills.

Drop the speed limit by 10kph, and ban sarcasm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323203 by OB1Shinobi
Thanks Arisaig. My request didnt involve you, wouldnt have affected you beyond the degree that you would have chosen of your own volition, and might have had a chance at being respected if you had minded you own business.
For the record, i think youre stifling the conversationout more because of your own personal grudge against Kyrin for insulting you and your TM than because of the reasons you stated.

The conversation was civil up to that point so its not at all a forgone conclusion that it would turn into bickering. And all threads have that potental anyway. People here are pretty clever, generally, and can generate new ideas for quite long awhile. We were STILL generating new ideas when the topic was closed, so its also not really plausible that everything relevant has been said already. Forgetting the significance of the fact that it should not have been closed in the first place, thats an incredible bit of fortune-telling on your part to so confidently predict the topic would cease to do that which it had been doing steadily for several days.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Brick

More
5 years 10 months ago #323226 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Consistancy

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Would you unlock my thread now please Rosalyn?

What more can be added to that thread? It's been talked to death.

If there is anyone who still feels like more could be said on it then, evidently, no, it is not done with quite yet. Who on earth are you to say on anyone else's behalf whether they have yet more to say? I sure didn't elect you to that office, I'm sure neither did OB.

If anything, at this point I'm tempted to open a new thread on the same topic, be it for no better reason than to spite you. Clearly it is a problem for you if other people speak of things you don't want them to. I for one am glad you are in no position to censor the forums to meet your liking yourself yet and if nothing of your lust for the control of others changes any time soon, I bloody well hope neither does your power.

And no, before anyone gets all up in arms, this is not a personal attack. If it were anyone else, I'd not have a different reaction. This really does go for any and all authoritarians here and elsewhere, who figure that if their emotional investment is of any relevance to what other people ought be free, nay, welcome to discuss among each other. May their tears dry unheard as do all others.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323227 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Consistancy
Questions are just questions, anyone can ask them and doing so is not telling anyone to do anything... even to answer them.
I guess they are an invitation to reply, in whichever way one might like to reply. But as a discussion forum, people like to engage in discussion rather then hold off and not participate - and so I'd urge members to remember the purpose of this place as the guiding principle in their participation for best effect :lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323228 by
Could you unban Obi and open his thread again clearly seeing from the confusion here we are not done yet , ahh and while your at it unban Kyrin aswel the sillyness here has lasted long enough now imo

More
5 years 10 months ago #323230 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Consistancy

Serenity wrote: Could you unban Obi and open his thread again clearly seeing from the confusion here we are not done yet , ahh and while your at it unban Kyrin aswel the sillyness here has lasted long enough now imo

Yeah, I'm with Serenity on this. Can anyone actually think of an instance where we've banned someone and it's actually achieved anything?

Also, when people are banned, can we be informed about it, and can we be told why/provided with evidence where possible? - This was policy for about 5 minutes, and worked reasonably well.

We also need a better definition of what attacking and individual is, because there's a difference between antagonising someone for no real purpose, and calling someone out on their BS.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi