The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300941 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Br. John wrote: Do you consider yourself to have a mental disorder Kyrin? You present yourself as female here but on your Facebook page you're male? What's up with that? The Order does not consider being gay or transgender a disorder but we do want to respect your wishes and preference. What should it be? He? She? _____?

Are you resorting to personal attacks now John? You can’t defeat me intellectually so now you have to attack my character? Are you going to stalk me all over facebook now? Taking my personal, private information that I gave to you in trust and using it against me? What a fine Jedi you turned out to be.

I don’t think having a mental disorder is ever grounds that justifies a personal attack. I have never faulted anyone for who they are or how they were born. Each of us are unique and special in a myriad of ways and it really is sad that many can’t see that. If I had depression or bi-polar do you think that justifies an attack like this? It’s not anyone’s choice to have an affliction of this nature and it’s something that deserves just as much respect and support as any other affliction.

Does it matter how I present myself here or even more importantly how you perceive I present myself here? Is it really relevant to the topic of conversation? I have beliefs and dreams like any other, just like you, and for you to drag those out and stomp on them I, quite frankly, find disgusting. Ill not be replying again, here or anywhere else, until you apologize.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 6 months ago #300942 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Br. John wrote: Do you consider yourself to have a mental disorder Kyrin? You present yourself as female here but on your Facebook page you're male? What's up with that? The Order does not consider being gay or transgender a disorder but we do want to respect your wishes and preference. What should it be? He? She? _____?

Relevance?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos
More
6 years 6 months ago #300943 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

The constitution specifically says states choose how to award their electoral votes. Period. At one time they were awarded by the state legislatures and there was no voting for president at all. If a state chose to award its electoral votes based on the winner of the national popular vote it's constitutional and legal. How would that create a disaster?

Br. John with all due respect, I believe the first part of this post is incredibly inappropriate. This thread is a political debate and for sure a heated one but this comes off as blatant attack and disregard for a level of common decency we follow according to our creed. If you have reason to rebuff me after this feel free; but I believe this is very unbefiting of a Jedi, and honestly an example of why politically we have gotten very little done for some time. I do not agree with Kyrins view on trump but belief and ideas should be fought with argument and logical discourses. I respectfully hope you will consider what I said here not as an attack but on the same way I have chosen to call out disrespect and insults I see on a personal level, particularly in public conversations.

With respect and love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Wescli Wardest, Brick
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300951 by Lykeios Little Raven

Brick wrote:

Lykeios wrote: Trust me, he's the worst.

Opinion, won't argue with it.

Lykeios wrote: Even WITH a democratically elected majority he can't get anything done.

I didn't state that the elected house had to be an opposition party. Simply observing what appears to be a massive fundamental flaw in the system if you're expected to elect someone based on promises they cannot keep.

That isn't a flaw in the system, that is a flaw in presidential candidates. The system is setup specifically to check the power of each branch of government (especially the Executive branch).

Lykeios wrote: And presidents CAN'T inact an executive order that violates the constitution. If they do they will immediately be taken up in the Supreme Court which will then determine whether it was lawful or not. The problem with that is, the Supreme Court depends on the executive branch to enforce their rulings. So technically a president could enforce an unconstitutional executive order, but ideally he would be immediately censured and the executive order repealed.

You contradict yourself here mate. What I'm getting from this is that, it is possible, just difficult?

Well, yes, it is possible, but difficult. And hopefully an unconstitutional executive order would be nullified.
The only time in American history (as far as I know) that a president defied the Supreme Court was when Andrew Jackson was in office. The thing is that the Supreme Court has no means of enforcing their rulings. It is up to the executive branch (and law enforcement agencies) to enforce what they decide. Ideally a president would accept the ruling, but with Trump who the hell knows? He's pretty much a loose cannon.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick
More
6 years 6 months ago #300955 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Many, many people can see your posted Oath, Kyrin. How the question came up was in reviewing all the lessons and the question of being a Knight. Your teacher referred to you as he several times. That led to looking at the Oath. No private information is posted here. I've not said your name or listed your Facebook page. The question is fairly simple. Do you prefer to be referred to as he, she or something else.

You've done such a fine job of defeating yourself intellectually nobody else needs to bother.

You said transgender people have a mental disorder. I said they did not. I, in fact, have some mental disorders - Bipolar, Depression, OCD, General Anxiety Disorder, and a fear of heights, so I'm in no position to be black calling the kettle pot.

No apology, one mealy mouthed hypocrite is more than enough.

Founder of The Order
More
6 years 6 months ago #300961 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Lykeios wrote: Well, yes, it is possible, but difficult. And hopefully an unconstitutional executive order would be nullified.
The only time in American history (as far as I know) that a president defied the Supreme Court was when Andrew Jackson was in office. The thing is that the Supreme Court has no means of enforcing their rulings. It is up to the executive branch (and law enforcement agencies) to enforce what they decide. Ideally a president would accept the ruling, but with Trump who the hell knows? He's pretty much a loose cannon.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Though you still haven't answered my previous question:

Brick wrote:

Lykeios wrote: It IS personal.

As a curiosity, over the last 230 days that Trump has been in office, what has he done that has directly effected you or a loved one? Either in a positive or negative way?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
More
6 years 6 months ago #300962 by Lykeios Little Raven

Brick wrote:

Lykeios wrote: Well, yes, it is possible, but difficult. And hopefully an unconstitutional executive order would be nullified.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Though you still haven't answered my previous question:

Brick wrote:

Lykeios wrote: It IS personal.

As a curiosity, over the last 230 days that Trump has been in office, what has he done that has directly effected you or a loved one? Either in a positive or negative way?

Fortunately he has been able to accomplish very little, so he hasn't actually DONE much that affects me. He has TRIED (very hard) to get the ACA repealed, that would affect me. He has also banned transgender people from joining the military and while that doesn't directly affect me or anyone I know personally it sets a precedent against transgender people and their rights. I have friends who are transgender and it may affect them.

The point isn't that he has actually accomplished anything that affects me, it's his attitude, professed beliefs, and goals that make it personal. He is against LGBT rights, he is against reproductive rights, he is (apparently) against science and scientific progress, he is outright hostile toward women and has made it quite clear how he feels about women and their rights. He is currently in the process of rolling back DACA which will potentially affect millions of relatively innocent immigrants who never had any control over whether or not they immigrated to this country. One does not have to "do" something to make something personal. What Trump has said is enough to make it personal for me. He is crass, offensive, and not fit to serve as the president of this country (just his behavior in public should be enough to convince people of that, he has shown time and again that he is incapable of paying attention to important talks or even of where he is going when walking). What Trump stands for is against everything I stand for and for everything I stand against, he has revealed this quite publically by how he speaks about certain issues and by the goals he set for his term in office.

Also, I don't see how whether or not his decisions and presidential actions affect me personally is relevant, they affect (or will affect) Americans as a people. Whether his actions affect me or not they affect my countrymen and that is enough to make it feel like a personal attack.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
More
6 years 6 months ago #300964 by Brick

Lykeios wrote: Also, I don't see how whether or not his decisions and presidential actions affect me personally is relevant, they affect (or will affect) Americans as a people. Whether his actions affect me or not they affect my countrymen and that is enough to make it feel like a personal attack.

It was relevant because you said it was 'personal'. The, only thing you've listed there that actually makes it personal is the repeal of the ACA, which never actually happened.

The other reasons are absolutely reason to oppose him. I agree with your views on them, as I said I would not have voted for Trump. But they don't make it personal, they just mean that you strongly disagree with him.

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
More
6 years 6 months ago #300966 by Lykeios Little Raven

Brick wrote:

Lykeios wrote: Also, I don't see how whether or not his decisions and presidential actions affect me personally is relevant, they affect (or will affect) Americans as a people. Whether his actions affect me or not they affect my countrymen and that is enough to make it feel like a personal attack.

It was relevant because you said it was 'personal'. The, only thing you've listed there that actually makes it personal is the repeal of the ACA, which never actually happened.

The other reasons are absolutely reason to oppose him. I agree with your views on them, as I said I would not have voted for Trump. But they don't make it personal, they just mean that you strongly disagree with him.

What, I can't take what someone says personally? 0.o Not quite following you on that one...

More
6 years 6 months ago #300967 by Brick

Lykeios wrote: What, I can't take what someone says personally? 0.o Not quite following you on that one...

I'm not saying you can't take it that way, I just don't understand why you would?

If its not something that is directed at you personally, or something that effects you personally in anyway, then how can it be taken personally? :laugh:

I completely understand why you disagree with him on things he's done and things he's said. I disagree with him on those things too. But that is not the same having some kind of personal beef with someone over something.

- Knight Senan
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi