Sith Discussion

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268589 by
Replied by on topic Sith Discussion
That's the thing. I'm interested in applying knowledge to life. I don't believe that any knowledge is bad knowledge. I don't wish to have any labels. I want to have a sandbox to test ideas. To me this is all scientific. Inspiration creates idea, hypothesize use of idea, test idea, record results. If something proves useful to me, I keep it. If it is not useful, I leave it. That is literally the role that this community plays in my current state of mind. Knowing, is superficial in my worldview. Applying is where the understanding happens for me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #268590 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion
You know some books will open your mind, your imagination.
As an artist you dont just splodge paint and its a masterpiece right?
Think of it like a new drawing/ painting
You could be inspired by something you read which leads to more layers, maybe research, maybe questions, excitment or doubt.
Read as though you were looking at a new page that needs, to become that madterpiece

Everything is belief

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268591 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion
Then perhaps those over at the Force Academy will cater to you and give you exactly what you desire, I wouldn't hold my breathe though. Either do the work, or go without. Or rely on the information others hand you instead of finding out yourself...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268592 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Given the location of the current topics on Sith, I cannot respond. However, I happen to be someone who as actively been pursuing the Sith path for 17 years. I am an admin at Order of the Sith, and head of the Dark aspect at the FA.

I am less advertising for those sites, than being one willing to offer my thoughts as one who is well..A Sith.

More
7 years 4 months ago #268593 by Amaya
You want knowledge okay
But are you after somebody elses understanding of that knowledge
Because if you aren't going to find things out for yourself
Then you are following someone elses ideas not your own
You want something, then you are gonna have to find your own truth
Or be a sheep
Lol

Everything is belief

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268594 by

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

What role? It is all about the ego...

No offense, you wish to be spoon fed by stating you're unwilling to go read and discover for yourself. I am an artist myself, your using excuses. At least try...

The Satanic Bible, read it. Be willing to do the work and you will be rewarded. So long as you allow yourself to fall back on the old "I dont learn that way" you will never bother putting forth any real effort.

So start there, read. If you have questions afterwards post them here, or pm me...

I've read some of that stuff. My user icon is a variation of the symbology used by an order that is all about Will. It's also about the destruction of the image of self that society has created for you, to create a self made image. Again, I've read stuff. What I want to know is how that stuff fits this paradigm. Which can only be done for me, through discussion.

Since individual Will is a function of the Ego, I'm assuming that "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of The Law" plays some role in that paradigm yes?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268595 by

elizabeth wrote: You want knowledge okay
But are you after somebody elses understanding of that knowledge
Because if you aren't going to find things out for yourself
Then you are following someone elses ideas not your own
You want something, then you are gonna have to find your own truth
Or be a sheep
Lol

I often do this by testing the ideas of other in conversation. I find that in reading, at least in how I process information, it is much easier to get lost in the ideas of others as I try on that paradigm while reading it.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268596 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

What role? It is all about the ego...

No offense, you wish to be spoon fed by stating you're unwilling to go read and discover for yourself. I am an artist myself, your using excuses. At least try...

The Satanic Bible, read it. Be willing to do the work and you will be rewarded. So long as you allow yourself to fall back on the old "I dont learn that way" you will never bother putting forth any real effort.

So start there, read. If you have questions afterwards post them here, or pm me...

I've read some of that stuff. My user icon is a variation of the symbology used by an order that is all about Will. It's also about the destruction of the image of self that society has created for you, to create a self made image. Again, I've read stuff. What I want to know is how that stuff fits this paradigm. Which can only be done for me, through discussion.

Since individual Will is a function of the Ego, I'm assuming that "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of The Law" plays some role in that paradigm yes?

Affirmative, but LaVey explains it much better than Crowley ever did imo...

I would look up whatever you can on the Reptilain brain, again...you will have to read...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #268597 by Amaya
You may find it interesting to talk in the sith thread where anyone can reply

Everything is belief

More
7 years 4 months ago #268598 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Discussion

elizabeth wrote: You may find it interesting to talk in the sith thread where anyone can reply

Merged now :side:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Amaya, Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi