Sith Discussion

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268726 by
Replied by on topic Sith Discussion
I don't really care for labels at all. They are historically, a way for one human to rationalize oppression or dominance over another by some kind of right. However, they are a necessary thing for distinction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268731 by
Violence is a reality. So, we live with it. Some choose it to suit his/her needs. Some just deal with it as it comes.

I'm not sure violence is any Sith's goal. Violence is, like anything else, a tool. Something to be used at the right time and in the right fashion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268736 by

Connor L. wrote: Violence is a reality. So, we live with it. Some choose it to suit his/her needs. Some just deal with it as it comes.

I'm not sure violence is any Sith's goal. Violence is, like anything else, a tool. Something to be used at the right time and in the right fashion.

Of course it is. Tools are tools. Some tools I choose as a last possible option and only if its utility best serves the greater whole.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268762 by

Codex wrote: Personally I find Sith scary... How can Sith live with violence? :blink:

The same way you live with it, everyday.

Unless you live on a different planet from me entirely.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268769 by

Khaos wrote:

Codex wrote: Personally I find Sith scary... How can Sith live with violence? :blink:

The same way you live with it, everyday.

Unless you live on a different planet from me entirely.

I think what Khaos is trying to say is that Sith doesn't mean violent any more than Jedi means violent.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268774 by
I don't believe Sith advocate violence any more than any other person, including Jedi.

For Sith I have known, its about the game. They are never in a negotiation or striving for compromise. Instead, for them, its about manipulation and coercion. Always striving for the place of control. Now this does not mean they cant be extremely benevolent or selfless. But they don't do those things for themselves. Instead they do them so they can gain some measure of influence in a community or group. Influence leads to control and control leads to power. Sith never put themselves in a position where their alpha status could be questioned. I suspect this is why Khaos ignored my question earlier. The answer might tend to compromise the perception of his authority.

I would equate an interaction with a Sith as that of a well assembled musical piece. It starts slow and low but begins to quickly build momentum. This is circling the prey, evaluating options. It soon reached a crescendo in the first third. This is the jerk that sets the hook. It then sets off on a frenzied pace - reeling in the prey. Just after half way through the song there is a lull. The music slows and the solos start. This is letting the prey think it still has some control, that it is on some sort of equal footing. Then the music takes off again on that frenzied pace to finally conclude in a climactic ending. The last reel of the prey and the final blow to assume complete control. The Sith assumes the power and the prey ends up dangling from the hook.

Now one can break the line in this process, but that also terminates any interactions as a Sith has no interest on being on equal footing with its prey. :P :lol: :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6h1vI4Xv0

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268821 by

6h057 wrote:

elizabeth wrote: Are you after a sith to teach you?

I wish to understand why being Sith is meaningful. I do not wish to be Sith as I do not care about the label. I suspect that I am one of those that is somewhere between Jedi and Sith. I cannot know for sure unless I am unfamiliar with the meaning of being Sith. I am simply wanting to have a complete view of my own path as it is not wholly contained in "Jedi".

I like the idea that there is a discussion on Sithism, even here, for the simple fact that we should know all angles to truly know where we want to go. I thank you for bringing this up.

I ask why you are seeking your answer to that here. This is the Jedi Order, and while Jedi's should know what they are not to know what they are, they cannot tell you why being a Sith is meaningful. They can only tell why they didn't choose that path. You are maybe asking the wrong questions or maybe you are not getting the questions that are satisfying because you are not asking the correct people.

I used a tool that many people here should know how to use: Google. Here is a list of places that may be of help to you. Good luck on your path.

*Edited for links -mod

The good thing about reddit is you can make a post there and get Sith perspectives on why it is a meaningful path
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Brenna. Reason: Links to doth order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268823 by

Seumic wrote:

6h057 wrote:

elizabeth wrote: Are you after a sith to teach you?

I wish to understand why being Sith is meaningful. I do not wish to be Sith as I do not care about the label. I suspect that I am one of those that is somewhere between Jedi and Sith. I cannot know for sure unless I am unfamiliar with the meaning of being Sith. I am simply wanting to have a complete view of my own path as it is not wholly contained in "Jedi".

I like the idea that there is a discussion on Sithism, even here, for the simple fact that we should know all angles to truly know where we want to go. I thank you for bringing this up.

I ask why you are seeking your answer to that here. This is the Jedi Order, and while Jedi's should know what they are not to know what they are, they cannot tell you why being a Sith is meaningful. They can only tell why they didn't choose that path. You are maybe asking the wrong questions or maybe you are not getting the questions that are satisfying because you are not asking the correct people.

I used a tool that many people here should know how to use: Google. Here is a list of places that may be of help to you. Good luck on your path.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sithism/comments/35p57z/a_sith_perception_regarding_sithism/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SithOrder/comments/2u9tf4/what_is_the_sith_order/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SithOrder/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sithism/
https://sithacademy.com/sithism/

The good thing about reddit is you can make a post there and get Sith perspectives on why it is a meaningful path

I appreciate your question. The conversation started as a derailing of another thread so one of the other members suggested I start a new topic specific to this line of thinking. So about half of where this began is elsewhere. That context I think is pertinent to understand why here. The simple answer, because the conversation started here. I was honestly content to drop the conversation, but it continued and was honestly getting heated in the other Thread, so I opened this one in the hopes that some relatively simple, superficial answers could be had. I also got what I was looking for personally. I "see" better than a read. I needed to observe Sith from a willing participant. I had one here. So I engaged in conversation and attempted through obtuse questioning, to draw out the Sith, or kick the hornets nest. That seems like a rather strange way to approach it, I know. But that is a kind of knowledge that a book can't give me. I was looking for the subtext, not the words. It also, informs me of how deeply rooted a person's worldview is. If someone is generally, fairly tenacious about their worldview being understood, often they are pretty serious. I pulled a lot away from it. Two very distinct traditions. One spiritual, one visceral. Two different goals. They really only overlap in the idea of The Force and the mythology. At least in my limited understanding. One a morality, the other having nothing to do with morality. Both viable paths. I think that they can be parallel for some and opposite for others. Depends on what you get out of them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #269058 by
Another practicing Sith here. Better late than never!

I wish to understand how one becomes or comes to know that they are Sith.

Does a moth climb out of it's cocoon and sit and wonder how it became what it is, or does it fly away?

You stop trying to be something or explain it and just ARE. And maybe there was a period of transition between there and here, but you were always this. There's no "how to become" here. Just fly.

Savvy?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269081 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Another practicing Sith here. Better late than never!

I wish to understand how one becomes or comes to know that they are Sith.

Does a moth climb out of it's cocoon and sit and wonder how it became what it is, or does it fly away?

You stop trying to be something or explain it and just ARE. And maybe there was a period of transition between there and here, but you were always this. There's no "how to become" here. Just fly.

Savvy?

I picked that up from my interaction with Khaos. It's a fascinating path. At this point, I think that reading will be useful since I have some understanding of the nature of the path.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi