The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268617 by
Replied by on topic Sith Discussion

elizabeth wrote: Are you after a sith to teach you?

I wish to understand why being Sith is meaningful. I do not wish to be Sith as I do not care about the label. I suspect that I am one of those that is somewhere between Jedi and Sith. I cannot know for sure unless I am unfamiliar with the meaning of being Sith. I am simply wanting to have a complete view of my own path as it is not wholly contained in "Jedi".

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268618 by
Part of me even wonders if I'm 'playing the Sith' by willing to know Sithism on my own terms. Bit how would I know without confirmation?

More
7 years 4 months ago #268619 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion
You find your own meaning in things

Sorry but no one can give you that from my personal view.

Maybe you will get your answer from others but I would say to find your own meaning.
Find what matters to you and use it in your path, whatever source it comes from.

If you identify with the middle ground then you will fit right in here :)
The meaning comes from you, you make things matter and you are the only person who will find meaning in something for yourself.

Everything is belief

More
7 years 4 months ago #268620 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote: Part of me even wonders if I'm 'playing the Sith' by willing to know Sithism on my own terms. Bit how would I know without confirmation?

Are you playing the jedi as well? Lol

Both parts are relevant

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268621 by
LOL, that's my point.

We are all here because we have already had an experience of something that pointed us here. The experience lead us to look. I have experienced something is of Jedi but not completely Jedi. Or rather the normal altruistic path. I am philosophically Utilitarian, spiritually Jedi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268624 by

elizabeth wrote:

6h057 wrote: Part of me even wonders if I'm 'playing the Sith' by willing to know Sithism on my own terms. Bit how would I know without confirmation?

Are you playing the jedi as well? Lol

Both parts are relevant

That's a fair question. Ultimately, only I can know that for sure, though others will determine if I am adequate to represent the Jedi Ideals to others.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268629 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote:

elizabeth wrote: Are you after a sith to teach you?

I wish to understand why being Sith is meaningful. I do not wish to be Sith as I do not care about the label. I suspect that I am one of those that is somewhere between Jedi and Sith. I cannot know for sure unless I am unfamiliar with the meaning of being Sith. I am simply wanting to have a complete view of my own path as it is not wholly contained in "Jedi".

This, this is what I wanted to hear three hours ago...

Understand every answer will vastly differ, as it is all about that individuals perspective as to how they came into "being." How is it, why is it, that people decide to walk this path. If you're looking for a consensus, the only answers you will receive that serve to validate that are lame and not worth your time, honestly speaking...

The same can be said about authors, they're writing from their own perspectives. Read enough and you'll discover why they chose the road they walk, it's psychology, not rocket science.

As far as myself, why did i choose to walk it? I initally didnt choose it, regardless of my early Vader worship as a child lol. It was beaten into me. It was a lesson learned the hard way, I earned it. At the time, it was either bite back, or be devoured.

Not that the process doesn't eat away at you, it does. But somethings got to give, especially at a young age. Hard to juggle compassion and instinct at the same time when you feel your life depends upon not letting your guard down.

It's not something exclusive to the Sith, only that keeping your guard up is usually an action taken in survival mode. It's much more difficult developing compassion while running non stop in survival mode for years on end.

Until it becomes habit, and then poof.....you are nothing like what you started out as. Not in the "evolution and growth are cool and perfectly normal so change is to be expected" kinda way, but more of a "brings out a side of you you weren't even aware existed, and soo not in a good way," kinda way...

I eventually learned that discipline not only quickens reaction time, but raises awareness, thereby lessoning impulsiveness. This allows the mind enough time to truly question reality. The Individual then may, through enough research and application begin the process of unraveling the self, and learning how to identify the ego, and develop an understanding that they and the ego are not the same. That it is merely a series of processes within the subconscious.

You can imagine how difficult it is for someone trapped in survival mode to develop any real sense of self, seperate from being in survival mode. Understanding the self in this context is a leisure many cannot afford to invest time Into sadly enough.

After a while I moved from survival mode, but by that time I was pretty angry as an individual, and anger will taint anything it touches if not tempered with compassion. I had none.

I studied deeper and deeper Into the occult, discovered much. But again, without compassion or patience, it all turned to ashes in my mouth. Deeper & Deeper I looked, until I no longer resembled the person I thought I was. Granted, thats ego, and of course illusion. But it still exists regardless.

So ultimately I came to the conclusion that I was merely a product of society, regardless of how far I was willing to go to stand out in attempts to be different from everyone else. So technically I didnt choose this path, I felt pressured to walk it in order to survive. And when that need subsided, and darker pursuits didnt produce the results I longed for, regardless of how effective and flashy it was, I decided to try something completely different.

I never had a close family, I never really had more than a couple really close friends. Frankly was sic of not being able to trust the vast majority of people I socialized with. The TOTJO changed that over time. I arrived with a cowl over my face (made for quite the bitchin avatar) and I was not just tolerated as the first Sith to post reguraly in the forums, but accepted with no questions asked.

They weren't hippys looking to take me on some psychedelic trip, and they weren't Jehovah witnesses attempting to convert me. Many of them were like me, geeks who shared a love for the movies, but only found themselves on the oppisite side of the tracks.

Goes to show what a little compassion can do to turn someones life around. The same goes to the poor soul who doesnt recieve any growing up. That's what I learned here when I joined. That's why I contribute my time and energy here today, and that is why I no longer identify as a Sith...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268635 by
And this is MUCH closer to what I'm trying to understand. What you, and others may not understand is, that in order for me to get to that way of expressing my interest, I had to be inspired to ask in that way by interacting with those that know that path. I thank you for your very personal answer.

I empathize. I don't feel comfortable elaborating directly after that post out of respect and a desire not to look like me too or like I'm comparing my life to your's.

Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268636 by
Well, I am certainly not going to give you a list of recommended reading. Mostly because that ground has been covered, and what could be integrated, has. As I said, in 17 years I do not point people wanting to learn of the Sith path to Lavey, or Crowley, but the writings of other Sith. 17 years worth.

However, in this case, I would not even offer those, because I am a Sith.

So, ask what you want to know, and I ill answer as thoroughly as I can.

Just try not to be boring, or cliche.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi