Sith Discussion

More
7 years 3 months ago #268603 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion
You said you had read some of the stuff in reply to zenchi
Did you find what you read useful?
Did you use the knowledge or disgard it?
See I dont understand your seemingly reluctance to seek knowledge of your own back.
Do you place more importance on what people say than what you find?

What exactly do you think a sith is?
Just curious

Everything is belief

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #268604 by
Replied by on topic Sith Discussion

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

What role? It is all about the ego...

No offense, you wish to be spoon fed by stating you're unwilling to go read and discover for yourself. I am an artist myself, your using excuses. At least try...

The Satanic Bible, read it. Be willing to do the work and you will be rewarded. So long as you allow yourself to fall back on the old "I dont learn that way" you will never bother putting forth any real effort.

So start there, read. If you have questions afterwards post them here, or pm me...

Lol this is a cop out in and of itself. Just be honest with the guy. Manifest that alpha male sith. Either tell him you are incapable of conveying the concepts of the satanic bible to him with any real impact or tell him you are not inclined to take him on as a learner and invest the necessary time required to teach him. Stop leading him on and enticing him with mysterious platitudes.

If one wants the knowledge then go and aquire the knowledge. Rely on no one else and trust no one elses opinion on the subject. Take responsibility for your own acquisition of knowledge and wisdom. Anything short of that is just an excuse.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #268605 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

What role? It is all about the ego...

No offense, you wish to be spoon fed by stating you're unwilling to go read and discover for yourself. I am an artist myself, your using excuses. At least try...

The Satanic Bible, read it. Be willing to do the work and you will be rewarded. So long as you allow yourself to fall back on the old "I dont learn that way" you will never bother putting forth any real effort.

So start there, read. If you have questions afterwards post them here, or pm me...

Lol this is a cop out in and of itself. Just be honest with the guy. Manifest that alpha male sith. Either tell him you are incapable of conveying the concepts of the satanic bible to him with any real impact or tell him you are not inclined to take him on as a learner and invest the necessary time required to teach him. Stop leading him on and enticing him with mysterious platitudes.

If one wants the knowledge then go and aquire the knowledge. Rely on no one else and trust no one elses opinion on the subject. Take responsibility for your own acquisition of knowledge and wisdom. Anything short of that is just an excuse.

I would ask why refusing to spoon feed anyone is a copout, but then I remember you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the vast majority of threads here...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #268606 by

elizabeth wrote: You said you had read some of the stuff in reply to zenchi
Did you find what you read useful?
Did you use the knowledge or disgard it?
See I dont understand your seemingly reluctance to seek knowledge of your own back.
Do you place more importance on what people say than what you find?

What exactly do you think a sith is?
Just curious

I think you just hit on what I'm trying to get at. I KNOW that Sith does not mean what the movies portray. Nor have I tried to imply that it was. What IS known about being a Sith to those who are not or perhaps fall somewhere in the middle, is exceedingly small. In what I have read, I have found a few things that were valuable, but not much. I understand that Jedi and Sith may not be or are not viewed as poles. But potentially two entirely separate things. There isn't a reluctance to read. I enjoy it quite a bit actually. But it isn't the most useful for application of ideas for me. Since I am Kinesthetic. I learn through motion. By my body doing things. By my mind actively working at them in real time. Not in a frozen bubble in space. I didn't learn to draw or play music from reading. I learned both from observation of the actual things. Playing and pausing the stereo and hearing the notes and then reproducing them, seeing the patterns, and creating variations. Then I learned the academic part. By looking at a picture line by line, and shade by shade and reproducing it. Then applying those ideas to the images in my own head. Idea in action... Or rather the action itself. Zenchi I think has inadvertently taught me the most about it over the last two days through his behavior in response to my posts than from the information presented. Knowledge is a finger pointing to the moon. It isn't the experience of the moon itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #268607 by

Zenchi wrote:
I would ask why refusing to spoon feed anyone is a copout, but then I remember you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the vast majority of threads here...

Ohh nothing but an insult in reply?... seems i have touched a nerve...

More
7 years 3 months ago #268608 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion
Knowledge is a finger pointing to the moon. It isn't the experience of the moon itself.

Quite the opposite really. First hand experience, (not something that can be handed to you) is what your looking for here in this instance. The work must come first, there are no shortcuts worth taking...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #268609 by

Zenchi wrote: Knowledge is a finger pointing to the moon. It isn't the experience of the moon itself.

Quite the opposite really. First hand experience, (not something that can be handed to you) is what your looking for here in this instance. The work must come first, there are no shortcuts worth taking...

Did Buddha teach his students from books? Was it books that brought enlightenment to him? What about Socrates? Aristotle? Philosophical inception does not come from books. They can tell me about something. They cannot provide me the meaning of its experience.

More
7 years 3 months ago #268611 by Amaya
I may be reading you wrong but that sounds like you wish to experience being a 'sith' without first gaining understanding or knowledge of what a sith is?

Knowledge is the first step, then putting that into practice will give you an understanding, hands on understanding so that you will know what is worth keeping and using and what isnt.
For the sake of understanding would you agree that in order to build a house say, you first have to know how to mix cement?

You need a foundation on which to practically use in life, and you can then learn in action.
Without a foundation whatever you build is useless.

Not trying to be difficult here but knowledge, action, wisdom, its not something you are gonna do right now. Sometimes you gotta work at things, learning is both research, and practical application.

Everything is belief

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #268612 by

elizabeth wrote: I may be reading you wrong but that sounds like you wish to experience being a 'sith' without first gaining understanding or knowledge of what a sith is?

Knowledge is the first step, then putting that into practice will give you an understanding, hands on understanding so that you will know what is worth keeping and using and what isnt.
For the sake of understanding would you agree that in order to build a house say, you first have to know how to mix cement?

You need a foundation on which to practically use in life, and you can then learn in action.
Without a foundation whatever you build is useless.

Not trying to be difficult here but knowledge, action, wisdom, its not something you are gonna do right now. Sometimes you gotta work at things, learning is both research, and practical application.

Did Buddha teach his disciples via books?

More
7 years 3 months ago #268613 by Amaya
Are you after a sith to teach you?

Everything is belief

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi