Sith Discussion

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268578 by
Replied by on topic Sith Discussion

elizabeth wrote: What question exactly did you have? Or were you hoping for a general chat?
Just curious.

My first post was literally about how I don't know what questions to ask unless I have already established a dialog with someone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #268579 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion
Okay :)
What interest you about the label sith? Is it the movie image, idea of being dark and badassed.
Or just general interest and wanting to understand?

Everything is belief

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268580 by

elizabeth wrote: Okay :)
What interest you about the label sith? Is it the movie image, idea of being dark and badassed.
Or just general interest and wanting to understand?

Really general interest in wanting to understand. As I have stated before, I do not see value in demonizing emotions. I'm an artist. Passion is a big part of how I do what I do. But then again, so are intellectualism and rational thinking as acting out of passion first is often harmful. Emotions are useful. So is the Ego. But only so far as they can be used constructively. At least in my paradigm.

The other side of it, is that I see great value in self sacrifice and being egoless as well. I see both as tools to the differing but similar ends.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268581 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: First, this post is as much about me learning as it is about others gaining access to information.

Second. I'm kinesthetic. A musician. A visual artist. And a tech consultant. My paradigm is one of asking in the moment. I don't always know the questions I wish to ask without there first being a dialog. My entire perspective is one based in inspiration first and contemplation to assimilate or reject later. I've spent so much of my life working out how to improvise complex ideas artistically, that it is now how I experience life. So, the short answer I believe you are looking for is, "No." Not for lack of desire. Books leave me with a complete idea generally, and I assimilate or reject as I'm reading. I don't really give them much thought after the fact. Which is why reading a thread would be useless to me. In order for me to be able to understand something, I have to challenge it. Test its boundaries.

Ryu's post explains it pretty simple, if you REALLY want it, you're going to HAVE to read and work for it, or be left behind.

If you honestly think somoene is going to spoon feed you on Sithism, A. The material wont be worth a dime, and B. If you didnt have to do things the hard way (in this context) you wouldn't place any substantial value in whatever you're trying to learn.

You may also want to try the force academy, its good for stuff n things...

So what I am seeing, is that I must ask, but I also have to earn the answer. So if I have not yet proven myself to be worthy of an answer and I will only have knowledge and not experience from reading other's thoughts and responses, I'm understanding that this is turning into the conversation from the other Topic. Because I am not already a proven individual in this kind of thinking, I am unworthy of it. We have a circular argument here. I must have understanding in order to prove myself worthy, and I must ask questions in order to gain understanding in order to be worthy.

You have yet to ask any questions lol. Not in this thread previous to your last post. And I may very well point you to the reading material ive already suggested or the Force Academy. If it's something specific, then perhaps we will have the beginnings of a real discussion...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268582 by
Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 4 months ago #268583 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith Discussion
Research....research...research...
In the other thread is a list of suggested reading, if perused it will generate thoughts,ideas,questions,and images will begin to form a root...this root will grow rapidly through additional research and the discussions the naturally evolve as you progress...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #268585 by

RyuJin wrote: Research....research...research...
In the other thread is a list of suggested reading, if perused it will generate thoughts,ideas,questions,and images will begin to form a root...this root will grow rapidly through additional research and the discussions the naturally evolve as you progress...

This is not how my mind works. Reading a book is a complete idea and leaves no room for "Improvisation". It continues on, and on, until complete. This will only give me a superficial understanding of the material.

I'm not saying that I identify as Sith, mind you. Just that I wish to understand it. When I want to be philosophical I don't read a book. I practice philosophy by discussing ideas with people who know about what I wish to know.

More
7 years 4 months ago #268586 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Discussion
Demonize emotions lol
Sorry but that isnt something I think any path does,
Emotions are useful I agree and following your passion is great too.
By the way from what you have said I think learning the path here might be of use to you.
Because I am not sure wether you just need to learn your path, maybe not dividing things into sections
Everything has value in life

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 4 months ago #268587 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith Discussion
My connection speed is a bit slow being as I'm on mobile and up in the mountains at the moment...check the spoiler in my SIG and you'll see that there are others that understand the values of passion and restraint

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #268588 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote: Ok, so I will pull from my previous post. What role does the Ego play in the Sith paradigm?

What role? It is all about the ego...

No offense, you wish to be spoon fed by stating you're unwilling to go read and discover for yourself. I am an artist myself, your using excuses. At least try...

The Satanic Bible, read it. Be willing to do the work and you will be rewarded. So long as you allow yourself to fall back on the old "I dont learn that way" you will never bother putting forth any real effort.

So start there, read. If you have questions afterwards post them here, or pm me...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi