Sith Discussion

  • 6h057
  • 6h057's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
15 Dec 2016 20:33 #268561 by 6h057
Sith Discussion was created by 6h057
Would be cool to get a Sith conversation going so that those of us either on that path or interested in learning about it could discuss it. Would also be cool to get it Stickied so that it can easily be found.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 20:38 - 15 Dec 2016 20:43 #268563 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion
First off, have you spent a decent amount of time looking for those answers to questions you have yet to ask in this thread, in the forums?

A hint, if your not willing to go dig and do the work to find what you seek, your likely never to find whatever you're looking for.

Dont take it personally. You've stated you learn more from discussion than reading, that says "im not willing to do the work and want the answers on a platter."

That's how it appears anyways...

It doesnt work like that...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 15 Dec 2016 20:43 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6h057

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 20:55 #268568 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith Discussion
Not to mention that it isn't the sith way to simply give anything way that is not earned...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • 6h057
  • 6h057's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
15 Dec 2016 20:56 #268569 by 6h057
Replied by 6h057 on topic Sith Discussion
First, this post is as much about me learning as it is about others gaining access to information.

Second. I'm kinesthetic. A musician. A visual artist. And a tech consultant. My paradigm is one of asking in the moment. I don't always know the questions I wish to ask without there first being a dialog. My entire perspective is one based in inspiration first and contemplation to assimilate or reject later. I've spent so much of my life working out how to improvise complex ideas artistically, that it is now how I experience life. So, the short answer I believe you are looking for is, "No." Not for lack of desire. Books leave me with a complete idea generally, and I assimilate or reject as I'm reading. I don't really give them much thought after the fact. Which is why reading a thread would be useless to me. In order for me to be able to understand something, I have to challenge it. Test its boundaries.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 21:03 #268571 by Elizabeth
Replied by Elizabeth on topic Sith Discussion
If reading a thread would be useless to you, then wouldnt this thread be useless.
After all you dont want to read so why should people post?

I own my life

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 21:03 - 15 Dec 2016 21:05 #268572 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Discussion

6h057 wrote: First, this post is as much about me learning as it is about others gaining access to information.

Second. I'm kinesthetic. A musician. A visual artist. And a tech consultant. My paradigm is one of asking in the moment. I don't always know the questions I wish to ask without there first being a dialog. My entire perspective is one based in inspiration first and contemplation to assimilate or reject later. I've spent so much of my life working out how to improvise complex ideas artistically, that it is now how I experience life. So, the short answer I believe you are looking for is, "No." Not for lack of desire. Books leave me with a complete idea generally, and I assimilate or reject as I'm reading. I don't really give them much thought after the fact. Which is why reading a thread would be useless to me. In order for me to be able to understand something, I have to challenge it. Test its boundaries.


Ryu's post explains it pretty simple, if you REALLY want it, you're going to HAVE to read and work for it, or be left behind.

If you honestly think somoene is going to spoon feed you on Sithism, A. The material wont be worth a dime, and B. If you didnt have to do things the hard way (in this context) you wouldn't place any substantial value in whatever you're trying to learn.

You may also want to try the force academy, its good for stuff n things...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 15 Dec 2016 21:05 by Zenchi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • 6h057
  • 6h057's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
15 Dec 2016 21:07 #268573 by 6h057
Replied by 6h057 on topic Sith Discussion

elizabeth wrote: If reading a thread would be useless to you, then wouldnt this thread be useless.
After all you dont want to read so why should people post?


If the question was not asked by me, then I am stuck with no inspiration and it does not become my own idea. Again, I must have a conversation to test in the moment for it to be relevant to my perspective. All of life is improvisation to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 21:10 - 15 Dec 2016 21:11 #268574 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Discussion
My first question would be why (they) use the label.
Second might be then why would they tell you what it means to be one.
Third then might be why would I want to use the label, and fourth predictably to what extent can association with the fiction meet my want to use the label.

Then one might be in a position to assess how one might begin to define themselves in that context compared to how others do in something more then superficial fancy. Looking at anything from the outside is always going to be superficial - which is ok, as its often the most people can afford to do.

So for me I needed a working definition of the shared root terms... things like passion, emotion, feelings. In normal usage they are used interchangeably which weakens them. From there it might define concepts like darkness more if you reference the fiction a bit, because once you start putting more specific meaning into the fiction it starts shaping the subtext more acutely. But, like Jedi fiction, the Sith fiction may be junk in places... so it really revolves around ones motivations more I'd imagine.

I do though find an inherent dissonance in that path, which indeed might be the point!!!! I personally reckon it's a segment of the Jedi path in reality. So then in the fiction those who wore the moniker could be said to be just those who failed to move past that particular segment of training. In reality they might just prefer that modality, or peer network. But then a Jedi would say that :] #controversy

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 15 Dec 2016 21:11 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elizabeth, Zenchi, 6h057

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 21:13 #268576 by Elizabeth
Replied by Elizabeth on topic Sith Discussion
What question exactly did you have? Or were you hoping for a general chat?
Just curious.

I own my life

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • 6h057
  • 6h057's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
15 Dec 2016 21:14 #268577 by 6h057
Replied by 6h057 on topic Sith Discussion

Zenchi wrote:

6h057 wrote: First, this post is as much about me learning as it is about others gaining access to information.

Second. I'm kinesthetic. A musician. A visual artist. And a tech consultant. My paradigm is one of asking in the moment. I don't always know the questions I wish to ask without there first being a dialog. My entire perspective is one based in inspiration first and contemplation to assimilate or reject later. I've spent so much of my life working out how to improvise complex ideas artistically, that it is now how I experience life. So, the short answer I believe you are looking for is, "No." Not for lack of desire. Books leave me with a complete idea generally, and I assimilate or reject as I'm reading. I don't really give them much thought after the fact. Which is why reading a thread would be useless to me. In order for me to be able to understand something, I have to challenge it. Test its boundaries.


Ryu's post explains it pretty simple, if you REALLY want it, you're going to HAVE to read and work for it, or be left behind.

If you honestly think somoene is going to spoon feed you on Sithism, A. The material wont be worth a dime, and B. If you didnt have to do things the hard way (in this context) you wouldn't place any substantial value in whatever you're trying to learn.

You may also want to try the force academy, its good for stuff n things...


So what I am seeing, is that I must ask, but I also have to earn the answer. So if I have not yet proven myself to be worthy of an answer and I will only have knowledge and not experience from reading other's thoughts and responses, I'm understanding that this is turning into the conversation from the other Topic. Because I am not already a proven individual in this kind of thinking, I am unworthy of it. We have a circular argument here. I must have understanding in order to prove myself worthy, and I must ask questions in order to gain understanding in order to be worthy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero