Reminder: TOTJO is global, not just American

More
7 years 8 months ago #254778 by MadHatter

RyuJin wrote:

MadHatter wrote:

Jestor wrote:

one thing that I found pretty big while I spent 5 years in Japan is respect for the rules and decorum of the place you are in.

What did Socrates tell Dan? "House rules!"

LOL lets just hope no one busts out the hemlock then :P

Lol, different socrates....he was referencing Dan millman's "way of the warrior"...

In either case it would appear that someone gave them self the hemlock...

I always just miss the interesting things....

LOL I figured that out via google before I commented. It just seemed to fit any how. Plus I thought a play on names/words would be punny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraHajW03qU

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254779 by

Jestor wrote: I really hate people testing me...

More
7 years 8 months ago #254802 by rugadd
Wow. Missed a lot I guess.

We're better now? Global hugs?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254811 by

Tell that to most Americans, they all seem to think the US is the centre of the universe!

I didn't finish reading the thread yet...But wanted to comment on this particular point which I seen was being discussed.

I am American.

I do not feel we are the center of the universe.

The problem with your statment is that you put "They All" and "Seem to think" into your choice of words.

Which is where the problems are when we discuss eachothers historic background and point of reference. In one way...you just insulted my integrity because you didn't consider that the insult is actually quite isolated ;)

Not every American thinks they are the center of the world or that their way is the right way. If we did....we wouldnt have so many political problems XD But like Adder pointed out. A great many of us are confident. Not arrogant. But confident.

Example: I am confident and prideful of the fact that we are allowed to carry, use and own guns (within our laws) I also believe that this should be global, not just America focused.

That belief however dosn't make me arrogant. Nor am I insisting Japan is wrong for having the laws they do. It is just my own belief and is NOT shared by all Americans. :)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254812 by

JamesSand wrote: If we want more alternate content, either in the general discussion, or the IP - we from the other areas of the Globe that study Jediism need to provide it.

It would be rather interesting honestly to see "Centric Discussion areas."

American Discussions Area
UK Discussions Area
Japanese Discussions Area...

ect ect....

I wonder what sort of topics would show up if such sections were allowed.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254816 by Edan

Trisskar wrote:

JamesSand wrote: If we want more alternate content, either in the general discussion, or the IP - we from the other areas of the Globe that study Jediism need to provide it.

It would be rather interesting honestly to see "Centric Discussion areas."

American Discussions Area
UK Discussions Area
Japanese Discussions Area...

ect ect....

I wonder what sort of topics would show up if such sections were allowed.

Probably little different to what we get now.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254828 by sNe1a
Saw this earlier and wanted to say something.

Silas Mercury wrote: But, honestly, you guys elected George W. Bush. GEORGE W. BUSH !!! You also wiped out half of the Japanese population after they killed just 3000 of your soldiers. (If Murasaki live sin Japan I can see why he would be angry) Also, let's look at:
. Iraq
. Afghanistan
. South America
. You are the only advanced country that doesn't guarantee free healthcare
. Civil Rights Movement, it is disgusting that the need for this even arose.
. You didn't elect Bernie as your Democratic nominee.
. Donald Trump contributed to the Brexit

Just some points there.

(Just want to say in advance that if I sound like I am upset, I am. Not just about this, I have been on edge a lot lately so if I come across like a jerk, I apologize.)

Please correct me if I am wrong, Silus. You literally just apologized earlier for being racist and saying hateful things about Americans. And now, you're right back at square one. Yet again you are doing the exact same thing. You don't seem to give a damn about:

1. Black people and their rights. The Civil Rights movement was a wonderful thing and if you think it is terrible, you can just leave TOTJO because I and we will not tolerate that.
2. George Bush, it was not at all unanimous. That only happened when George Washington became our first president, and if you would have read your history books, you would have known that. Anyways, not everyone voted for him, so stop generalizing. Also, Bernie not being elected as nominee was, again, not unanimous.
3.Free healthcare, you should please become president of the US and change that yourself.
4. Iraq, they had a dictator who did horrible, horrible, horrible things to his people. Are you really siding with that??

If you cannot stop posting rude and hateful things, please refrain from posting at all. We really want to maintain a positive environment.

Thanks!
sNe1a

Oof
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by sNe1a. Reason: Forgot something rather important

More
7 years 8 months ago #254841 by rugadd
I am never a fan of unnecessary division. We are all earthlings(Terrans?) and(presumably) human. That should be enough to discuss anything here cordially.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 8 months ago #254842 by RyuJin

rugadd wrote: We are all earthlings(Terrans?) and(presumably) human.

Nope, i'm a saiyan ^_^

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Adder, rugadd, ,

More
7 years 8 months ago #254843 by Adder
I like to think Jedi transcends these boundaries, and looks past them to see individuals..... whether those individuals decide to align to stereotypes or group identities then becomes up to them.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor, rugadd, Avalon,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi