Reminder: TOTJO is global, not just American

More
7 years 8 months ago #254600 by Jack.Troutman
From an American perspective I want you to all know that we are not all a conceited bunch of jerks. While there are those that make us appear to be, those type of people exist in all nationalities. For the most part, everyone I have met here is fantastic and I am proud to call you all brothers and sisters.
Force be with you all
Peace and Light

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254603 by Alethea Thompson

Silas Mercury wrote: Murasaki, you are just what I look for in a friend. :laugh:

So either you seek out friends who have a bad influence on you, or you were never truly sincere in the apology you issued.

Throughout this thread you've managed to jump on Murasaki's Anti-American bandwagon that just makes it look like you were only seeking to placate people on the forum when you issued your formal apology. You might have believed you meant it at the time, but really think about this: it does you no good if you're not honest with yourself that others pressure you into believing things you have yet to believe in yourself.

It's fine if you are Anti-American. Many around the world are- we even have Americans that are Anti-American ;). You shouldn't feel a need to make amends when you still feel the way you do.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi, Rex, sNe1a

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254607 by OB1Shinobi
its hard to be humble when youre better than everyone else B)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Zenchi

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254608 by Zenchi

OB1Shinobi wrote: its hard to be humble when youre better than everyone else B)

No fair editing right when I'm thanking you.....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254609 by OB1Shinobi
i know i know!
but my first comment was "from an american perspective, neither of you dipshits actually matter"

but i im honestly making effort to curb the negativity and i realized "better rethink that" lol so i edited

but i edited again for something minor, when i saw you thanked me i thought "crap which one did he thank?"

now i just give up lol

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254616 by
Basing one's opinion of anything on broad generalizations is convenient and easy, but it also displays a lack of effort, a lack of knowledge and a clear misunderstanding of how stereotypes are perpetuated.

As a citizen of the U.S., am I to assume that all Australians are like "Crocodile Dundee"? Do all Japanese love Hello Kitty? Are Russians all alcoholics? Are all Polish people stupid?

If it helps to illustrate my point, I am a citizen of the U.S.A born and raised in Southern California. If you understand the history and geography of this area, you would know that it is incorrect to stereotype me as a "Yank". It is actually an offensive term to many here on the West Coast or in the Southern U.S. California is not Alaska, nor is it Alabama or New York, just as Japan is not Korea, nor is it China or Vietnam. English are not Irish are not Welsh are not Scottish, and none of the individuals identifying as any of those should be lumped in with every other who identifies that way. If you wish to generalize about all "Americans", understand that you are welcoming others to generalize about you as well.

As a Southern California native, I much more closely identify with Hispanic culture. I am not in the military and I do not "hate Texas". I did not vote for George W. Bush, but that shouldn't matter anyway. Get to know me, and then you may judge me however you wish. I will make an effort to do the same for anyone else, but it isn't made easy when I am summarily judged based on a map rather than who I am.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254720 by

Senan wrote: Do all Japanese love Hello Kitty?

If you understand the history and geography of this area, you would know that it is incorrect to stereotype me as a "Yank".

Sad to say YES most Japanese love Hello Kitty, it makes me sick to the core!

Its like when people say AUSSIES or POMS or JAPS ... .. Yank is a Aussie term for all in the US, and that is the polite term, we have another that is very offensive which most in Australia use when talking about Americans ... Before Yank was the common use term, now the more offensive one is, but even I do not use that one, because that is an Anti-American term!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254726 by Jestor
Only warning...

Please refrain from insulting others...

Next occurrence will result in a 3 day suspension from TOTJO...

Post removed...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, Jack.Troutman, Rex

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254736 by Brenna
Hahaha. I remember the first and only time I called my very Texan husband a yank (kiwi safa over here) if looks could kill

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon, , OB1Shinobi, sNe1a

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 8 months ago #254742 by Jestor
I really hate people testing me...

Do they think I do haunt the halls looking to be tested? '

To ban people?

Do they think Google Translate wont tell me what it says?

*poof*

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna, Amaya, Avalon, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi