Public
7 years 8 months ago #254578 by
Murasaki, you are just what I look for in a friend. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254579 by

Silas Mercury wrote: Murasaki, you are just what I look for in a friend. :laugh:

Yes I have my faults and after re-reading some of my post I also come across arrogant I will admit and I am not a shamed to admit it ... But I am a great friend and will always tell things to your face, I am not the type of person to stab friends or even enemies in the back. And as an Aussie I like to take the piss as we say, so please do not take everything I say to heart.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254580 by

Murasaki wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: Murasaki, you are just what I look for in a friend. :laugh:

Yes I have my faults and after re-reading some of my post I also come across arrogant I will admit and I am not a shamed to admit it ... But I am a great friend and will always tell things to your face, I am not the type of person to stab friends or even enemies in the back. And as an Aussie I like to take the piss as we say, so please do not take everything I say to heart.

Lol as a Dutchy i appreciate this , we dont mind people taking the piss much , but people always are very shocked when we take the piss hmm why would that be ... :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254581 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Is43K6lrg

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254583 by

MartaLina wrote: Lol as a Dutchy i appreciate this , we dont mind people taking the piss much , but people always are very shocked when we take the piss hmm why would that be ... :laugh:

I would be the first to laugh at my own expense .... I am not offended by anything ... Everyone has their own opinions on subjects or life and why be offended by what others think? .. That is the problem with the world now days, everyone has become spineless gits!

For our friends that do not know the Queen's English

git (ɡɪt)
n
1. a contemptible person, often a fool
2. a bastard

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254585 by
Queens English? There is only one English and thousands of weird accents like Ohian , Texan, Newyorkan, Australian :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254586 by
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254587 by

MartaLina wrote: Queens English? There is only one English and thousands of weird accents like Ohian , Texan, Newyorkan, Australian :P

You have English spoken by
British
Australians
New Zealanders
Canadians
South Africans
and most in the Commonwealth, then you have
American spoken by Americans ... it is NOT English.. too many spelling mistakes ... :P

More
7 years 8 months ago #254591 by JamesSand

American spoken by Americans ... it is NOT English.. too many spelling mistakes .

Didn't "they" (the omnipresent "they") work out that American english is closer to the "true" english of the people and that our pompous, linguistically nightmarish (some say elegant) use of the bastard language is what the few, the literate, and the mostly French, German or other origin nobility used :) :P

The [strike]Queen's[/strike] Elitist English

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254594 by

JamesSand wrote:

American spoken by Americans ... it is NOT English.. too many spelling mistakes .

Didn't "they" (the omnipresent "they") work out that American english is closer to the "true" english of the people and that our pompous, linguistically nightmarish (some say elegant) use of the bastard language is what the few, the literate, and the mostly French, German or other origin nobility used :) :P

The [strike]Queen's[/strike] Elitist English

Remember the US is a British Colony that just became a republic so to speak and got lazy with the KING's language at the time ... :lol: ... OH and the British and Canadians burnt down their Whitehouse then decided it was time to go home ... as they were not worth the trouble .... Lets see who bites this one?

PS : Shipping and Aircraft all use British English ....
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi