Jedi Sentinel Findings

More
16 years 1 month ago #13233 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
It's funny that you make the connection between the Millennium Falcon and the Black Pearl, while growing up who hasn't, thought of being a pirate? The two ships while set on the two ends of the technology timeline, represent the exact same thing...not the obvious un-lawfulness apparent in the act of piracy or smuggling but as Captain Jack Sparrow so perfectly said \"It’s not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails - that's what a ship needs but what a ship is…what the Black Pearl really is…is freedom.”

Some interesting facts about the Black Pearl
(I’ll leave the Falcon to Br. Daniel)

The Black Pearl is said to be \"nigh uncatchable\". Indeed, in the first two films she either overtakes or flees all other ships, including the Interceptor (regarded as the fastest ship in the Caribbean) and the Flying Dutchman (which is actually faster against the wind). Her speed is derived from the large amount of sails she carries (provided it sails with the wind), in addition to oars called \"sweeps.\"

According to history, no pirate ship was ever built specifically to commit piracy. Instead, pirates either bought or stole small, fast vessels, then retrofitted them with heavy armaments

The Pearl was originally a cargo ship named Wicked Wench

The Black Pearl carries 32 cannons; 18 on the gun deck and 14 on the upper deck, it’s full broadside contains 16 cannonballs.

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13250 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
Interesting, because you the Wicked Wench happens to be the name of Captain Hedron's cargo ship in IceWind Dale II. I wonder if they're one and the same?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13253 by
by all means if you want to find out go for it.

OK part one of the Milliennium Falcon's history.

The Falcon is a Modified hybrid YT-1300 light freighter/YT-1300 light Passenger.It was built 60 years before the first Death star was blown up.Its said that its first owner's were Jedi but records of the first few owners are never found and there for lost. Before Palpatine took over it had some SWEET blue decals.Some time after it was hit by an asteroid and most of the ship was damaged.For a while it sat as scrap on Nar'Shaddaa until a Very skilled technician bought it. Under the technician's ownership the ship underwent repairs and modifications. Thats when it became a hybrid of a freighter and passenger model.Along with the secret compartments and the AMAZING hyper drive the this unnamed technician installed.At the same time was given its name no one knows why.It was stolen from the technician and would serve a number of owners that would trade or used it in a few wagers before a familiar face would soon get his hands on it.

But you'll have to wait for part 2.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13296 by
Millennium Falcon smuggaling days.

After a number of owners had modified the falcon to be a smuggling ship it soon landed in the hands of Lando Calrissian.He won it in a card game 5 years before the First death star was blown up.Along with Han Solo and a very special droid named Vuffi Raa, Lando would be come a freelance transporter.More modifications were made along the way.
There was a Sabacc(card game)Tournament on cloud city and Lando put up any ship that he owned as a prize.Han Solo one and he picked his prize.The Falcon.Han Solo would add his own modifications to his new ship.

Its first mission was to Kashyyyk to help his Wookiee fraind.

A few months before the fight to distroy the death star Han worked for Jaba smuggling Spice(AKA drugs or food flavor). In one mission Han had to jettison the cargo of drugs because he was going to be boarded by Imperials.Thats why he owed Jaba money.After a few more missions the crew
wold meet up with two more familiar faces and the Falcon's smuggling days would be over.

That and more in part 3 of

Milliennium Falcon's history

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #13301 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
I`ve looked through episode III a few times when Obi Wan, Anakin and Palpatine land but for my life I can`t see the Milenium Falcon. I am very intersted, Br.Daniel could you explain where I can see this?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13303 by
It took me forever to find it too, Father Hans! It's when they are landing at the senate building, right before Obi-wan and Anakin Bandy words about whether or not Obi-wan accompanies Anakin that you can see it. Bottom-right of the screen. At least.... I think that's what he's talking about. The ship LOOKS like the Falcon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13305 by
thats right Nayeldraccon it is the Falcon. Lukas was asked if it was teh falcon or some other YT-1300 light freighter.He said that it is the Falcon

Br. Jon this will help a little.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8f/Episode_3_Falcon.jpg

And this one shows what it looked like right after it was made and before it was hit by that asteroid.I like the look of it this way.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a8/ROTSFalcon.jpg

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #13306 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
Thank you both. It was really nerving me that I couldn`t see it. But it was a good excuse to see the film without my wife complaining. Lol.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15777 by
PLZ READ THIS! I KNOW ITS ALLOT TO READ BUT ITS IMPORTANT TO ME!

Hi every one! As most of you I like to think of my self as a Jedi Sentinel.That means i seek out.As a Jedi I seek out possible signs of the dark side.I have posted on this subject before and i had ZERO replies.I cant find the post so im updating here.

This is once again about Net Neutrality.What this means is that right now the internet is neutral and open to all of us.We are all the same on the net equal however recently I've been keeping up with this growing problem.

Whats going on is that ISP's internet serves providers are thinking of charging us for not only the internet but the sites we go to.What they want to do is turn it in to some kind of cable company. I reported on this matter earlier and had no response.
It first started with Virgin Media.As we speak ISP's are thinking of new ways to control what we see in the internet.

Seeing how we are Internet based I'd figured that this would be priority number one for use.So I ask once again be aware.Look in to this and help me with this.

this should fill you in on whats going on.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US,HELP YOU HELP US ALL!

May the force be with us

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16067 by
Still no interest in this growing problem I see.

I give up...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi