Jedi Sentinel Findings

More
16 years 3 months ago #10816 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
That is a very good idea. It would promote Jediism through martial arts and other activities.

When I first moved I could not find a Karate school that could live up to my past school.
Not that the local clubs were bad mind you. As many of you will have read I come from a very comptative dojo kinda like Corba Kai-in the karate kid movies. really intense, Sparring over Kata that sort of thing.

Anyway I toyed with the idea of opening my own and haveing one class a week with a Jedi theme...\"Jedi night\" I even had a supplier of color foam sleeves that could slip over the Bokken. Maybe its time to look back into this...besides I'm tired of practicing in the basement...its kind if like dancing with yourself. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10821 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
I was thinking, that once a Jedi is Knighted, this Jedi would be assigned a position or billet they would be responsible for. But just as I'm saying this, it is already taking place. Sometimes I'm a little too late with ideas:blush: .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10824 by
Yes, i may not be a usual title but i consider myself a Force Witch, moreso then any of the other classes. I view the Force threw my background of religion and Magick and believe it is the catalist (i guess you could call it) for the energy i send out. I guess you could say i am a Healer/Consular but dispite the over ethuiasmt to remain in the moment and be mindful of the Living Force, unlike most here, are also obssessed in a way with the future and past. Not my own, but all future and past. I have tarot and i use my feelings to feel out what will happen in the long run, i have even learned techniques that allow me to draw on the energy from a person and pull cards for them (haven't done so often so i don't know how great it will really work, the one time i did i hit the nail on the head). Now mind you,i do live in the present or at least the best of my ablilities (considering it does take a few micro-seconds for info to reach our brains and therefore we all live a in the past). I unlike some have choosen to explore all of the aspects of the Force with few exceptions, i won't kill, i don't do drugs (seriously if i can avoid taking aspirin i will), and i am never mean to anyone or thing. So, Force Witch or Shaman, suites me best. If anyone would like i could draw up a definition. Or if you want one from the Star Wars world you could look up Dark Force Witch and apply it to a more neutral/good 'side' of the Force.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10834 by
Hey thats fine call your self what ever you want Force witch is a good a class as any
Names are thing other people give you,no use worrying about it.However, I dont think that this site is ment to assigned any positions unless your a part of the clergy.As far as positions go I think teachers and students are all that are needed. From that point it really up to you.Its not like we are being given orders or \"missions\" yet or at all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10835 by
Well, maybe someday. Go help people in backwater countries.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10836 by
One thing I have always wanted to do, was volunteer work in Africa. Like dig a well or something. I would like to know that some of my time has really meant something to someone who really needed my help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10882 by
Daniel Luckie wrote:

just some things I didnt know that could be useful.
Now we have Light Jedi,Dark Jedi,and Potentium.
Master Nash might want to take a look at this!

About a century before the Battle of Naboo, the followers of Potentium were expelled from the Jedi Order, parallel to the Jedi Order's treatment of Gray Jedi as \"misguided.\" Yoda and the rest of the Jedi Council didn't consider them Dark Jedi, but they said it was the duty of the Jedi to use the Force to protect others, not study its absolute limits. The Council said that testing the Force to its limits would lead to the dark side.

The Potentium was a sect of beings who had a particular way of viewing the Force.They claimed that what others called the light side was actually just the Force itself, which is inherently good. This was backed up by the fact that Ashla, the ancient name of the Force, came later to describe the Light Side. What others therefore called the dark side was a perversion of the Force, twisted by those who used it.Believers of Potentium said that the potential for light and dark sides resided in the user, not the Force itself. They also thought that the Jedi Masters refused to believe in the Potentium view because it would mean the Jedi weren't needed to fight evil, for evil would not exist. And since there was no dark side, there were no dark side actions or Force techniques; in effect any action, good or evil, could be performed without risk as long as the intent wasn't evil.

The Power of the Jedi Sourcebook states that the Potentium is a corrupt, misguided philosophy, and is the first canonical source to outright state this. Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force further claims that it was a Sith teaching designed to corrupt the Jedi.

This was a good article, thought I would put in the highlights.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11006 by
I find this to be a most interesting topic, the idea of Jedi classes. However, it has been in my experience that such \"classes\" are not classes or specializations at all, but simply jobs that each Jedi has been assigned to . Such as the Jedi Guardian, his job is plainly the protectership the Order and the galaxy. Where as the Jedi Counselor's job entails diplomatic work and mental/spiritual study of the Force.
I would likely take up the role of an Archiver of the Jedi Order, as I have long held a great intrest on the powers and stories of the old masters.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11425 by
Zurth Kurn wrote:

that such \"classes\" are not classes or specializations at all, but simply jobs that each Jedi has been assigned to

Not really they are more of a choice kind of thing.You can pick what path you wish yo go down.

I HAVE NEW FINDING! XD!!!
Coming very soon like in a few seconds...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11426 by
Very interesting.
Some new roots of the Jedi.
All part of the movie but could be of some use if someone wishes to follow the same belief system.

DAI BENDU
The Order of Dai Bendu was one of the many ancient and semi-legendary organizations that studied the Force and the midi-chlorians prior to the birth of the Jedi Order. The Bendu monks used an eight-spoked circular sigil which would later be used as the insignia of the Old Republic.

CHATOS ACADEMY
Chatos Academy is one of the many ancient and semi-legendary organizations that has been proposed as the forerunners of the Jedi Order, but no conclusive links have ever been shown.
Its members were a kind of chivalric order and were entitled Paladins

THE FOLLOWERS OF PALAWA
The Followers of Palawa were an ancient group that studied the Force and midichlorians. The Followers of Palawa developed the martial art of Teräs Käsi as mean to keep the Jedi in check so that presumably, another world would not be destroyed by the Jedi Council.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi