MTFBWY - A / SYW

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #36349 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
\"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself.\"
Vandar Tokare

I'll often talk about how hard it is to be a Jedi. There is so much that we have to think about. The truly amazing thing is that our religion is so flexible. Pretty much we just need to keep in mind our basics, from there we can fill in the blanks and adapt to what ever problem comes our way. The more complicated training that we get from our fellow Jedi is meant for our growth rather than for us to pass on to none Jedi. With a good handful of basics I've been able to pretty much be the shoulder for all of my friends to cry on. Meditation has kept me from being bitter and distant from the people that wallow in their self pity. Lastly my search for practical knowledge has given me the courage to push the people I help to help them selves.

If you find your self doing more than this for some one than your working to hard. Keeping a balance of help and teaching self reliance is very important.

That is what I've seen with my eye's. What I haven't seen is help for my self. My friends give me some advice but my will is starting to fail due to a hard work place, drifting friends, and a very painful brake up.

I could see where every one else needed help but I could not see that I also need help. :unsure:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 day ago #38791 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
Ive been away for a while but I've been working really hard to help as many people i can. Some of them have been helped and i'll be sharing my methods on how to help different people in my next few post. I'm glad to be back. The site looks great and I bet all of you are working hard to make the world a better place.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38944 by
For the past few months I've been trying to help and analyze my friends and their problems. I've had success with a few of them and I'd like to share my progress with all of you.

My first attempt to help some one has been going very well. I call this person.

The "Stress"

The stress wasn't very hard to help it just took a long time to notice the changes. The changes themselves are very small but are pretty consistent. The "Stress" is a person that has to manage so much with only so many hours in a day. Often times this person will take their anger out on others latter regretting it and adding to the stress. This person is a great leader and tries to make everyone happy but no one really ever returns the favor.
The first step I took in helping this person is to do what everyone else wasn't doing. Adding to the problem. Any time that this person took their anger out on me i would just stay silent and do as i was told. Later the Stress would apologize for the outburst. That was my chance to show this person that they didn't have to do EVERYTHING on their own. From then on i would take any burden i could off of this persons shoulders. This worked but only for a short time. The stress wouldn't take anything out on me but others would still bring back bad habits.
The next step was to talk to others and help them understand that the Stress didn't mean to do these things. Also that we've all fell victim to anger. Other people like to defend themselves and point out how bad the Stress has been. Out of a favor to me i've asked the people to try the "turn the other cheek" method. I have to say that so long as we all keep turning the other cheek the Stress tends to settle down.
From what I've seen The stress is still a lot calmer than before. The people around the Stress have been working together in order to keep tension down. Sooner or later things will the problem will come back. So long as we all try to understand why people get stressed and try to help them relieve that stress than The person known as the Stress will be easier to live with.

My study has shown this to be more of a vaccine than a cure.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38946 by
The "Debt"

Of all the people I try to help this person is both the easiest and the hardest to help. The Debt is a person that cant seem to manage money or favors very well. This person will ask for help that will put them in debt but wont accept help that will get them out of debt. Its not easy helping this person because of a risk of dependency. You must be very careful when helping the Debt!
The Debt will ask you for a favor or money. Thats not to hard to give. Sometimes the problem is solved just by giving them what the want. Its to bad that this person cant tell the difference between wants and needs. This person will take what you give them but before long they'll be back asking for more help. Thats where the problems really start. People like that expect you to help them the way they want to be helped. If you dont than they feel like your instantly accusing them of having some kind of problem. Some times laziness, pride, or fear of change could be to blame. Help them in small doses.
I got lucky and just giving this person what they needed to fix their problem was enough. Others have tried the same thing and in the end lost a friend when all they wanted to do was help. As Jedi we have to teach others to rely on themselves as much as they rely on others. Not an easy thing to teach.

Id have to advise that you help the Dept catch their breath but let them fix their problems on their own. Be there only when they really need you. Its up to you to judge when that is.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38947 by
The "Fear"

We Jedi are no strangers to fear. Its single most important thing that Jedi have to both face and overcome everyday. How do we deal with a person that has lived in fear all their life?
The fear is a person that is scared of almost everything. This person misses out on so much in life do to the fear they had growing up. The hardest part about the Fear is how we even begin to help this person. The Fear wont even let you close enough to know what the root of the problem is. This person takes so much time energy and spirit to help that you might as well just let them live in fear for the rest of their life. They drain you until you give up on them or start to hate them. Regrettable any little mistake and all the work you put into helping this person will be lost.
Right away you can tell that the problem is trust. They just DONT have it in themselves for themselves or for others. I met some one with so much fear that I had a hard enough time just getting them to talk to me. This person STILL cant even look at me when they speak. The Fear will say that its shyness but that just a cover to hid the true problem.

I hate to say it but i cant help this person. Not every one is meant to be helped but out off all the people that i help, not being able to help the Fear hurt the most. The one that needed the most help didn't or couldnt take it.

Perhaps another Jedi has had more success with this. If so I could use some ideas? :unsure:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41878 by
I highly encourage that some of you read "The Story of B" Its a great book by by Daniel Quinn. Even if id doesn't change your point of view you will learn some things about human history.

There is no ignorance there is knowledge.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43301 by
Understanding the Conflict Within Your Perception

We all have conflicts that we must face in our everyday lives. Conflicts that hinders our growth. Jedi must understand that and try to keep our struggles in check. Only a clear and ready mind can truly understand the world around him/her. Understand that perception plays a big part in how you understand the world. Perception comes from within, conflict comes from within. Conflicts can change your perception. Try to clear your mind through meditation and stress relieving activities. Its the only way to be sure that what you perceive is clear and untainted. Only when your thoughts are clear will you be able to trust your clear feelings. Your feelings are the clearest sign of the Force speaking through you. Trust the Force to, clear your mind to, trust your feelings to, act with trust in the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #53410 by
I'm in a random mood so sorry to everyone (I blame 9 hours in chat)

BUMP

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #53740 by
This is something that my apprentice and I have been learning about and i find it to be a very well and organized method of learning. We took a much longer route that was much more random and put everything together; only to fine that some one else had done the same and on a much grander scale. I highly recommend that every one take a look at a few of these videos.(at least up to lesson 12 human history) A lot of it might be review too you but you will learn a thing or 4 in the end. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDMzvJOu9vQ&feature=related

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi