Jedi Sentinel Findings

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #67954 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings

I would ask that if a chicken is born without a beak is it still a chicken? Its its tool if its born without it unlike its parents do we have to change our definition?

If a chicken is not born yet is it a chicken or is it an egg?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #67959 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
In the final Harry Potter book, Professor McGonagall was asked a similar question ( which came first, the Phoenix or the flame?). She answered: "A circle has no beginning." Professor McGonagall's wit notwithstanding, I agree with Be. John and Akkarin. In terms of evolution, the chicken's existence antecedes its offspring, but this is an astronomically long process (evolution) and can't be highlighted like this.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

More
11 years 9 months ago #67972 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
Like so many things this question requires the definition of a chicken. I'm going by DNA. If we do then a creature that almost had the DNA of what we call a chicken laid an egg with a mutation that allowed it to develop and hatch the first chicken.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67975 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
There is a theory that states that the dinosaurs were large because the % of oxygen in the atmosphere during the Jurassic, and Triassic periods were at 32% as opposed to the now 21%. It was found that increased % of oxygen can cause gigantism.

If we follow this theory then, as the % of oxygen reduced it could cause the DNA of dinosaur type chicken ancestors to mutate into the now known chicken by way of mutated egg.

I'm with BR. John on this one. The circle continues!

More
11 years 9 months ago #67978 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
I think there was also a lot more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which made things grow like crazy as well.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67984 by
Well there you have it. It seems likely that something evolved into an egg laying chicken. With or without definition a "chicken like" animal evolved into the egg laying chicken we know now.

I mean the questions its self

"What came first the chicken or the egg?"

is literally asking "Evolution or creationism?" :dry:

Did an animal evolve in to an egg layer or did God just will an egg that already knew how to take care of its self?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69385 by
The following are lessons that I learned from the work of Daniel Quinn.

First I have to apologize for sharing this info with such a small crowed in chat. I should be trying to get this message across to every one! A hundred times if I have to. :angry:

The very first thing I learned from the Story of B was that you cant get the message across if you mention it only once. You might as well not say it at all. So I'll be repeating this and other lessons as often as I can can. Again any one that reads this will hear it from me again. Its for your own good! :P

Ok Lets see...
I guess I'll start with "The ABC's of Ecology" since most people know this already.(or should)
The ABC's of Ecology have to work together in order for the planet to be in balance.

There are 2 ways of teaching this and I'll explain both here now.

The first is the 4th grade way of learning this.

All things in our world fall into 3 categories.

Abiotic = never living/ Biotic = living / and C = (we'll get to that later)

Abiotic: are things like soil, sun , water, and so on...

Biotic: are things like plants, bugs, meerkats, and owls. Its important to note that every single one of them needs to eat plants in some shape or form to survive.
The other way to teach this is the way its explained in "The Story of B"

The A: We are what we eat. (Every human on the planet is made out of food)

The B: An animals population is directly tied to the amount of food that is available to it. If you have an abundance of food the population will grow. If you reduce the amount of food the population will drop. If you keep the same amount of food the population will fluctuate but it will average out.

Since this is such an important part of the ABC's of Ecology I'll explain it further.

Remember the bugs and the meerkats? Lets talk about them. If the meerkats have lots of bugs to eat than the babies they have will have lots to eat. Once their population grows to large there wont be enough bugs for the meerkats to eat. This is when nature fixes its self. A good amount of meerkats will die and the population will drop. This give the bugs time to increase their numbers and balance is restored. Nature is wonderful :lol:

EVERY SINGLE LIVING THING ON THIS PLANET IS TIED TO THIS!

Having said all that, I'll wait for my next entry before we talk about "C". :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69411 by
I should probably take some notes on this it could help later if I ever want to research the Jedi Sentinels

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #69423 by

Daniel L. wrote: "What came first the chicken or the egg?"

i say its the egg...because the chicken wouldn't have been that evolved yet to lay the egg containing a different animal...

More
11 years 9 months ago #69426 by Wescli Wardest
I have always found it interesting to watch people speculate on the creationism/evolution topic. I guess what fascinates me so much about it is how people can argue with such fervor as to their own view points with little to NO empirical data to support their arguments.

Even the “scientific” fields of paleontology only loosely fit the scientific model. Yes they research and theorize, but there are many flaws with their methodology… like, where is the control group? And the believers in creationism only have their beliefs to go on based on whatever they were taught by someone else. Yet between the two there can be some pretty heated “debates.” And they can go at it forever and never be proven wrong because there is no “proof” one way or the other that exists!

So, I find it to get rather amusing sometimes. I am by no means saying that one side is right or wrong. I just don’t really understand how so many enlightened or educated people can be so convinced of what they have no proof of.

I think that it would be far less interesting if everyone was willing to listen to other points of view and take them into consideration instead of instantly shooting them down and reinserting their own views in a counter argument…. But where would the fun in that be?

Hahhahaha :D

I am not ribbing any one person or group of people… I’m just enjoying myself and having a good read. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi