Jedi Sentinel Findings

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #55580 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
I've been looking at things in a new way. Taking time to notice everything and every one. I'm learning so much now but... the more i learn the farther i feel from other people. So many people go through life without know half of the thing that I've learned and the few that did learn dont care. Its always about success and how much money you can earn. In the end people always end up in the same place.

Explaining that you know something other might not puts people off. They dont want to know.

This is the most painful thing I've had to endure. It hurts when people think they have everything figured out. I dont have everything figured out yet but I strive to learn from everyone. So when people say that they dont wan to know what I know or that what I know isn't "applicable" because it wont make me money, it really makes me feel like what I'm doing isn't "Human".

All the lessons I've learned here at TOTJO help me cope but they dont fix the problem that I'll soon have to face time and time again....I wonder if Jesuse felt this way? :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67887 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings

Kana Seiko Haruki wrote: How about which came first, chicken or the egg

that ought to keep you busy for a while :D

It took me 4 years but I have an answer! :woohoo:

Well sort of. =/ I dont know for sure witch one came first but what I do know is that the egg couldn't have taught the chicken how to find food. If the egg came first the chicken would have died of starvation. :dry:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #67894 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
Sorry for intruding, but I must point out that you make an erroneous assumption: that the chicken needs to be taught how to feed itself.

I'm afarid the mystery lives on....

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67897 by
Theory of evolution, maybe?

More
11 years 9 months ago #67924 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings
A creature that was almost but not quite a chicken laid an egg with the mutation that hatched the first chicken. So the egg came first.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67925 by
I believe that the chicken is the egg.

More
11 years 9 months ago #67926 by Wescli Wardest
What I want to know is… what cave man setting around, looked at his buddy and grunted, “I’m going to eat the first thing that comes out of that chicken’s butt!"

hahahhahahhaha :P

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67936 by

ren wrote: Sorry for intruding, but I must point out that you make an erroneous assumption: that the chicken needs to be taught how to feed itself.

I'm afarid the mystery lives on....

unfortunately the assumption door swings both ways. Unless you were there your guess is as good as mine. :dry:

I'm pretty sure if a chicken tried to eat an animal bigger than its self it would lose often.

However knowing where to find food isn't the only thing that chickens need to be taught. Grooming oneself, avoiding predators, not straying to far from the nest are all things that have to be learned if not first hand than by observation.An egg can not teach this. Instincts can only do so much. Not to mention that the chicken cant mate with an egg.

Its as Br.John said "A creature that was almost but not quite a chicken laid an egg". To it if chickens see that laying eggs is an advantage chickens will start to mate mostly with egg laying chickens. Eventually the old method of reproduction will fade away.

I guess the proper question is "what came first the dinosaur or the egg?"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67938 by

Daniel L. wrote: I guess the proper question is "what came first the dinosaur or the egg?"

Same question, different animal so same answer

But the question itself is nonsensical because you are looking at a snapshot of a process that has taken several million years to reach such a point

Each animal is an adaptation of the previous one. The chicken's parents are no less of a chicken than the offspring unless we decide to change our definition of the animal

Any social or innate behavioural adaptations will come genetically or will be taught by the parents

The question is taking the entire process completely out of context

(sorry if this spawns a discussion in your thread lol)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67942 by
This is funny Akkarin because a few years ago you said sorry for basically the same thing. Just like then I'll tell you that you dont have to say sorry if you haven't done anything wrong. o.O

Now. If its a different animal than it can have the same answer or its not likely that it will be the same answer as we are talking about something different. If its out of context than why reply to it? o.O

I would ask that if a chicken is born without a beak is it still a chicken? Its its tool if its born without it unlike its parents do we have to change our definition?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi