IP discussion area

More
7 years 8 months ago #254767 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic IP discussion area

Jestor wrote:

Also as far as Jestor and the idea of knighthood requiring or not requiring apprenticeship, I just spent about 30 minutes or so digging/doing forum searching, looking through faq/articles. There's not really any documentation anywhere here on totjo that sais what a knight's responsibilities are, rather than the knight code itself. However, if you look at the various jedi communities as a whole, its almost a standard, you train, you become and apprentice to a knight, knight/council approves you as your own knight, you take on 2 other apprenticeships, rinse repeat. That though hasn't been said here I'll give you that, but just watching people who have become knights thats the routine. So its auto-assumed to be the case.

I JOKE! I JOKE!! (kinda I'l go read the rest now, lol...)

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Do they influence jestor, nope, I know that already, however I'm not looking through what jestor thinks of the other sites, I'm putting on lenses of what non-knight members and new members coming to the forum believe, just because older members or knights here don't agree doesn't change that the viewpoint exists...just saying...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 8 months ago #254768 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic IP discussion area

Tellahane wrote: I've also seen that explained that way among other members in chat over the years as well so I think maybe thats something that needs more clarity? There was a post that was started here which has some good stuff in it but nothing that was easy to find:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/115424-jedi-knights-meaning?limitstart=0&start=10

Perhaps a write up and a "What is Knighthood" in the FAQ section, in terms of what the roles of knights are, responsibilities, optional or otherwise, and what you can expect from them and so on couldn't hurt at all? I'm honestly surprised it doesn't exist already...

But lets move that discussion to PM's or another thread if we need to I don't want to derail this thread any further...

Thats how THEY might define it, those you have seen it explained to in chat...

TOTJO will not define it, as we leave 'what constitutes a knight/knighthood' up to each person, kinda, lol...

We do have our few guidelines, but thats it...

Nowhere here does it say anything like that...

Id prefer to leave it out inthe open, if you dont mind, as others may wonder the same thing, and this way I can cover many things at once... :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
7 years 8 months ago #254769 by Tellahane

Jestor wrote:

Tellahane wrote: Thats how THEY might define it, those you have seen it explained to in chat...

TOTJO will not define it, as we leave 'what constitutes a knight/knighthood' up to each person, kinda, lol...

Id prefer to leave it out inthe open, if you dont mind, as others may wonder the same thing, and this way I can cover many things at once... :)

.....then can we have a section in the FAQ that sais that? lol Thats still more explanation then is ever given! Even better then nothing!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
7 years 8 months ago #254771 by Jestor

Tellahane wrote:

Jestor wrote:

Also as far as Jestor and the idea of knighthood requiring or not requiring apprenticeship, I just spent about 30 minutes or so digging/doing forum searching, looking through faq/articles. There's not really any documentation anywhere here on totjo that sais what a knight's responsibilities are, rather than the knight code itself. However, if you look at the various jedi communities as a whole, its almost a standard, you train, you become and apprentice to a knight, knight/council approves you as your own knight, you take on 2 other apprenticeships, rinse repeat. That though hasn't been said here I'll give you that, but just watching people who have become knights thats the routine. So its auto-assumed to be the case.

I JOKE! I JOKE!! (kinda I'l go read the rest now, lol...)

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Do they influence jestor, nope, I know that already, however I'm not looking through what jestor thinks of the other sites, I'm putting on lenses of what non-knight members and new members coming to the forum believe, just because older members or knights here don't agree doesn't change that the viewpoint exists...just saying...

lol, no sir, you are comparing what 'the community' does to TOTJO, and if you ask the community about TOTJO, they have some not-so-kind words usually, but, we are just doing our thing...

They can do theirs, no ill will...

And newbs here can ask... :)

Any thing, that anyone says, is there opinion...

Sometimes, we do speak for the Temple, but, when wanting to know which is which, if not obvious, it is best to ask...

THose knights that you spoke to in chat would have said 'it is not TOTJO policy", just how they see it... :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
7 years 8 months ago #254772 by Jestor

Tellahane wrote:

Tellahane wrote: Thats how THEY might define it, those you have seen it explained to in chat...

.....then can we have a section in the FAQ that sais that? lol Thats still more explanation then is ever given! Even better then nothing!

That is not a bad idea, i dont remember what the FAQ says...

Everyone, to the BAt-FAQ!!

This doesnt suffice for you?

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/40-information/2303-training-and-ranking#RankBars

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254775 by
Replied by on topic IP discussion area

Tellahane wrote:

tzb wrote: Further I'd be surprised if anyone was very keen to work with a student who has decided they can't be bothered to complete the usual prerequisites to training... we have plenty of Initiates who did, who are yet to find a Master..

Did somewhere along the way did I mistype somewhere or say that I wasn't going to complete the IP and ask for apprenticeship instead?

When I look back at your original post no, but that's certainly how I took it at first.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254782 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic IP discussion area
I have to argue that apart from you yourself Jestor the knights I have spoken to in chat ALL give the impression that part of knighthood is teaching and not ONE has ever said that its just their opinion.
It isn't clear and is something I struggle with understanding

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

More
7 years 8 months ago #254785 by Tellahane

elizabeth wrote: I have to argue that apart from you yourself Jestor the knights I have spoken to in chat ALL give the impression that part of knighthood is teaching and not ONE has ever said that its just their opinion.
It isn't clear and is something I struggle with understanding

I'm not alone! we are multiplying like bunnies!....without the physical part!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
7 years 8 months ago #254786 by Tellahane

Knight - Rank
An Apprentice who has successfully completed their apprenticeship to the satisfaction of their Teaching Master and the Council. They uphold the principles of Jediism as defined by the Solemn Vow, and have completed the A.Div level of the degree scheme. They can take on Apprentices of their own. A Knight must be at least eighteen years of age (18).

So the position is described as someone who has completed the training process.

Once thats done the only thing listed as to what they can do or will do is to take apprentices of their own. I know it uses the word "CAN" but it doesn't say anything else, and that is a misleading thing. Maybe things like, as a knight they proceed to further provide their support and knowledge to the community in service of others etc etc etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
7 years 8 months ago #254787 by Tellahane

Goken wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

tzb wrote: Further I'd be surprised if anyone was very keen to work with a student who has decided they can't be bothered to complete the usual prerequisites to training... we have plenty of Initiates who did, who are yet to find a Master..

Did somewhere along the way did I mistype somewhere or say that I wasn't going to complete the IP and ask for apprenticeship instead?

When I look back at your original post no, but that's certainly how I took it at first.

My bad for giving that impression!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi