American Jedi Documentry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293137 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

Trisskar wrote:

ReallyRiver wrote: Oh, is release info detailed there? Could I get the link, then, please? Help a sistah out a bit?

Hannigan is talking about his own blog talk radio show......not the documentary.

The Documentary will be released in DVD format. If you go to the actual Youtube link posted in the first post of this thread you will find the information in the youtube trailer description :)

Am I Kit? A little research would have told you that actually i was not in that reply. In that topic I linked both the youtube trailer and the main website for the freestyle digital media website that will be launching the video. If you do not believe me look at the links I posted in that topic. And in truth the question was pretty foolish because watching the youtube video and reading the discription would show the answers to the questions asked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293138 by

JLSpinner wrote: I was knighted around 1.5 years as well. Should we question my merit also?

Personally i will not even comment on the time frame but the concept in question is why are so many would be padawans waiting for masters for much longer time frame while others seem to get picked up so easy. Sounds a little more like politics then training but that is just a opinion.

Actually no i will comment on time. 1.5 years. Now that is dedication. Then again totjo does not have designed standards and wonders why its knights are not widely accepted. I personally would love to see totjo members take a active role in the larger community. I would like to see totjo members start vids or podcasting to allow others to see what totjo has to offer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293146 by

Cabur Senaar wrote: That's very kind of you, Stu. Thanks. :laugh:

And now, ladies and gents, back to the documentary none of us has seen!

Alex nice dodge but perhaps you will knight up and answer the question asked. When you were posting your youtube video did the rest of the community cry about you not representing them or did they say sweet good for you, you did totjo proud?

More
6 years 9 months ago #293148 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry

Attachment GO4GNqa.gif not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
6 years 9 months ago #293150 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Cabur Senaar wrote: That's very kind of you, Stu. Thanks. :laugh:

And now, ladies and gents, back to the documentary none of us has seen!

Alex nice dodge but perhaps you will knight up and answer the question asked. When you were posting your youtube video did the rest of the community cry about you not representing them or did they say sweet good for you, you did totjo proud?

To be honest I didn't like that video and the way it portrayed things but thst was before I was around. Is he a bad Jedi absolutely not, but the way it was edited and cut(assuming I'm thinking of the right video) the way it jumped from a big saber training active thing to a video of a guy quietly sitting confront of a computer in chat motionless was not a very flattering image.

I think the intent was right the questions were right the answers were right, but when it came down to those pesky edits from a director on the outside it did not do him justice imo, and that's a possibility you can expect from any documentary done from and outside source.

And no offense to Alex but coming from a beginner in the community when I saw that it was more of a disappointment then it is now when I have a much better understanding. But if that goal was to make it more understandable to the lay person or intro newbie Jedi it did not do it's role as well as intended.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293154 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: I was knighted around 1.5 years as well. Should we question my merit also?

Personally i will not even comment on the time frame but the concept in question is why are so many would be padawans waiting for masters for much longer time frame while others seem to get picked up so easy. Sounds a little more like politics then training but that is just a opinion.

Actually no i will comment on time. 1.5 years. Now that is dedication. Then again totjo does not have designed standards and wonders why its knights are not widely accepted. I personally would love to see totjo members take a active role in the larger community. I would like to see totjo members start vids or podcasting to allow others to see what totjo has to offer.

An idea I have been flirting with. We have a lot in motion right now. Once we get the Council put back together we can talk more about a podcast or vlog.
As for the initiates awaiting a master. I can't answer that. Our Master Apprenticeship relationships are purely at will. No one is assigned. We form our bond based on connection. We grow together in the Force and we learn together. It's a beautiful thing but it's not perfect.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293167 by

JLSpinner wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote:

An idea I have been flirting with. We have a lot in motion right now. Once we get the Council put back together we can talk more about a podcast or vlog.
As for the initiates awaiting a master. I can't answer that. Our Master Apprenticeship relationships are purely at will. No one is assigned. We form our bond based on connection. We grow together in the Force and we learn together. It's a beautiful thing but it's not perfect.

Ah but you did answer the question. You choose faverates and things are indeed political. So some people can be here for several years and not grow because the so called knights and masters do not think they are worthy enough to aid on their path. Thank you for being honest.

And for the record do not mistake me for a new person in the community. I have been around longer they you will really understand and ever since war beauty was forced out in 2013 Totjo never really recovered.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293170 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

JLSpinner wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Ah but you did answer the question. You choose faverates and things are indeed political. So some people can be here for several years and not grow because the so called knights and masters do not think they are worthy enough to aid on their path. Thank you for being honest.

And for the record do not mistake me for a new person in the community. I have been around longer they you will really understand and ever since war beauty was forced out in 2013 Totjo never really recovered.

No one is responsible for anyone's growth but themselves. People do not need this place or anywhere else to grow as a person or a Jedi. Further, what call playing favorites I call free will. The Master and Apprentice relationship is one that is highly personal to each individual so yes people pick who they form such relationships and bonds with. Both Master and Apprentice have to agree and it's not something that can or should be forced. But you can choose to see that as you wish.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by MadHatter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

More
6 years 9 months ago #293175 by Breeze el Tierno
We've done this dance before. Last time it was someone else. This time, it's me. What can you do? Trolls gonna troll.

And troll.

And troll.

I'm still just a pm away if you need to talk, Mike.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293206 by ren
Replied by ren on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote: Why was no one crying when Alex poorly represented the jedi community in this film. AS we all know TOTJO and Jedi Gatherings do not go hand and hand but this film makes appear that it does. So when all of you who are now screaming not my jedi just remember this video.

Totjo organizes its own gatherings and meet-ups, and has been doing so for a number of years.

I have been around longer they you will really understand and ever since war beauty was forced out in 2013 Totjo never really recovered.

From the 'loss' of Perris? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Well she did put a roof on top of your head. And other blokes' too while her hubby was on tour... So, I can understand why you consider her a loss... But at totjo, where we suffer from favouritism and whatnot apparently, getting one's tits out won't earn one any Jedi master points, or friends in high places. This place is soo gay, right?:silly:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by ren.